Community
Wiki Posts
Search

issue setting up new mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default issue setting up new mini cooper

I'm in the process of setting up my son's new mini cooper, and have discovered that the battery connection that goes from the supplied ESC into the receiver (red plug) is a two-prong connector, instead of three. The receiver (Futaba R152JE), obviously, have a three-prong slot. Any idea how this connects into the receiver?? I'm trying to avoid releasing the magical blue smoke before he even gets a chance to use it.

TIA...
Old 05-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default my experience

Have not looked at a mech sc for a while.

But I think if you examine the servo directions for use, you will find that the negative always faces outboard on the receiver.

Good luck with your new toy. Hope he likes the hobby and the fellowship.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Something else owrth mentioning: The plug only goes in one way: red wire to the outside???
Old 05-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beej
I'm in the process of setting up my son's new mini cooper, and have discovered that the battery connection that goes from the supplied ESC into the receiver (red plug) is a two-prong connector, instead of three. The receiver (Futaba R152JE), obviously, have a three-prong slot. Any idea how this connects into the receiver?? I'm trying to avoid releasing the magical blue smoke before he even gets a chance to use it.

TIA...
If its a Tamiya TEU-101BK speedo, then you need to plug the three pin plug into channel 2 (Throttle), and the 2 pin plug into an Aux/Batt connection on the reciever. Make sure the two pin is plugged in with the black and red in the same way round as the three pin. If the reciever has tab holes cut into the case, they will be black furthest away from the tab, with red in the middle.

HiH
Ed
Old 05-12-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up taking the car down to the local club races, and one of the guys there trimmed a bit off the connector with an exacto. Works great. Now I just need to set up a tire fund!