Wiki Posts
Search

LRP vs. Novak Brushless in T4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beez
You'll be fine with any of the ESC's talked about in here, but make sure before you buy that you at least take a look at the Speed Passion GT. It comes with a tuner box that you plug directly into the ESC so that you can program with a digital display instead of blinking lights.
I've got a speed passion GT, never been installed, anyone want to buy it from me
Old 05-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Rookie

I cant seem to find that the sphere comp has reverse or not so if someone could tell me that would be great. So the novak would beable to be used at all racing events, would the lrp? And why isn't the castle creations legal? I think I want one that can be used for racing but also is pletty fast...speed is good for me.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 96chev
I cant seem to find that the sphere comp has reverse or not so if someone could tell me that would be great. So the novak would beable to be used at all racing events, would the lrp? And why isn't the castle creations legal? I think I want one that can be used for racing but also is pletty fast...speed is good for me.
lrp is no reverse. reverse isn't allowed in competition.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

I know that, I am mainly using it for bashing so I want one that I can switch the reverse on and so when I race and can switch it off. Looks like i'll have to get a novak.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i run a novak gtb novak motors in my xxxt and my xxxbk2 i have not had a single problem with them they are fast as hell and reliable i would suggest the novaks i think there the best
Old 05-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superdave2
i run a novak gtb novak motors in my xxxt and my xxxbk2 i have not had a single problem with them they are fast as hell and reliable i would suggest the novaks i think there the best
I agree and I believe the novak motors are better then the lrp motors. I have 2 orions and 1 novak andi love the novak much better and on the new motors they protect the sensor wire. I use spheres because they are alittle smoother. I have driven cars with both and i think with the programmability these days i couldnt tell the difference if you didn't tell me.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LRP makes a sphere comp with reverse, #LRP80500, but I don't if many shops carry it anymore, due to many people don't need reverse. They may have even been DISCONTINUED. Go with the Sphere Competition Brushless, great speed control, it knows if you are running brushless or a brushed motor, without you having to do anything. And every easy to use and setup. Good luck....