Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Where is the cheapest place to get a FW-05RR?
Also any word on kyosho updating to a fw-05RREvo or RRR
Old 09-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zulu
BUMMER, will you run another Sirio or get something else?
I've had 2 Sirio's now, and neither has suited my driving style.
I'm gonna make up a motor from old motor bits (JP/Rossi/Sirio/STS) just to see if I can find that magic one, if not then either another JP or the new Rossi RR, they appear to suit me and my local track better.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ch4dwick
has anyone experienced wearing down the screws on your 05RR?

I've so far worn out 3 screws and bent 6 more on the front bumper. How come these screws are so weak?
How do you mean? -wearing down the screws
Maybe you run the car too low
I run 5mm up front and 7mm at rear
Never bent a bumper screw, not even when I hit a car head on (his fault)
Old 09-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NiMo
How do you mean? -wearing down the screws
Maybe you run the car too low
I run 5mm up front and 7mm at rear
Never bent a bumper screw, not even when I hit a car head on (his fault)
it's running at 6mm front and 6.5 at the back. Wearing down screws as in your screwdriver grinds down the head which results in you not being able to remove it by normal means.

I can't go any lower because our track is concrete and the surface is not that good.

At least you had a head on collision. My screws just bent even when i never had such accidents. All I had were minor nudges to a side wall no faster than 1-5mph.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

hey hoggy, you looking to buy a fw 05rr? i got one for sale if you are interested. not racing onroad anymore and dont need the car. pm me and we can xchange email addy's.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

it's running at 6mm front and 6.5 at the back. Wearing down screws as in your screwdriver grinds down the head which results in you not being able to remove it by normal means.

I can't go any lower because our track is concrete and the surface is not that good.

At least you had a head on collision. My screws just bent even when i never had such accidents. All I had were minor nudges to a side wall no faster than 1-5mph.
I use the Tamiya screw driver, it fits in to the head better so it doesn't slip ripping the head, also I use a little grease on the screws when used in to a new plastic part.
Nudges? do you not have any grass run off areas?
Old 09-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

I use the Tamiya screw driver, it fits in to the head better so it doesn't slip ripping the head, also I use a little grease on the screws when used in to a new plastic part.
Nudges? do you not have any grass run off areas?
If i ran my car into grass run off areas i'm pretty sure that would add to the mystery why my bumper screws got bent.

I also use tamiya tool set and, in fact, is the main cause for the worn out screws. But the kyosho screws are big in such a way that all 3 of my tamiya screwdrivers fit into it. I can't even tell what the right one to use. Maybe that's why it gets worn out. But I never had this problem with my Tamiya EVO4 screws or any screws for that matter. I only experienced it in my kyosho screws.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

If i ran my car into grass run off areas i'm pretty sure that would add to the mystery why my bumper screws got bent.

I also use tamiya tool set and, in fact, is the main cause for the worn out screws. But the kyosho screws are big in such a way that all 3 of my tamiya screwdrivers fit into it. I can't even tell what the right one to use. Maybe that's why it gets worn out. But I never had this problem with my Tamiya EVO4 screws or any screws for that matter. I only experienced it in my kyosho screws.
I can't help you no more then as I have not experienced this problem, and I have been running Kyosho Nitro cars since 1997 with the following:
PureTen Spider
PureTen Spider mk2
Mantis FF
V-one S
V-one R
FW05R
FW05S
V-one RRR
FW05RR
Old 09-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

I can't help you no more then as I have not experienced this problem, and I have been running Kyosho Nitro cars since 1997 with the following:
PureTen Spider
PureTen Spider mk2
Mantis FF
V-one S
V-one R
FW05R
FW05S
V-one RRR
FW05RR
That's ok. I have also asked some guys here and they also experienced bent screws on the bumper. I guess I'd assume that this is a normal thing.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Are you talking about the screws that go through the chassis and hold the lower portion of the bumper? All of mine are very bent, but I just don't take that part off ever, because I figure the less I touch them the better... they might get bent in place or something . I haven't broken one of those guys like you, but I figure if they are slightly bent, and you remove them for maintenance, and then replace them again, they will get bent again the next time you crash, and they will definitely weaken over time if they keep getting bent this way and that.

Maybe I'm not too helpful, but yes, I think that is pretty normal.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default gear set for medium to large

I need gear set up for a medium to large ex. 40,39,37,ring gear and pinnion and spur
Old 09-24-2005, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys i am selling my fw05rr foam tyre car. pm me for details and pics. thanks. doug.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Quietroit
I need gear set up for a medium to large ex. 40,39,37,ring gear and pinnion and spur
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...atio050609.pdf
Old 09-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Suspended

would all you guys be racing 235mm class if it had all that 200mm has now?
Old 09-25-2005, 08:03 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Probably not since 200mm was supposed to be a cheaper class than 235 was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.