Old 05-24-2005, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by InitialD
The FORCE is strong with this one...
Indeed it is
Old 05-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default parts

ok guys called kyosho usa today, got my parts from them. not overpriced either. guy on phone was very helpfull. good to deal with the mfgr!
Old 05-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

It doesn't make a difference you still going to get your doors blown off. Ha ha ha haaaa I think I found the door blower tried it out today.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

ok my lil japanese car is gonna blow by you so fast youll think its an f16! muhhahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 05-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Indeed it is
Bloody expensive to change to RRR
Old 05-24-2005, 05:50 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

a guy we race with at a local track is very fast but also very ... agressive. he had a FW-05R last year (I bought it) and this year went to a NTC3. Well in his first race he took an entire rear wheel assy off the car, and an entire front clip with crashes I would call "harsh" but not that insanely bad. He had similar crashes with the FW... and never broke a part.

From what I hear he's selling his NTC3 now and getting a FW-05RR
Old 05-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have owned both the FW-05R and V-one RRR. I have also driven a FW-05RR on several occasions. From my experience both cars are fast but the V-One RRR is much more aggresive while still being forgiving with throttle input. Going from driving a good handling FW-05R to a V-One RRR I noticed I could basically treat the throttle like an on/off switch when compared to the FW. This is a trait that seems to be prevelant in all the shaft cars out there, CD-3, FW-05R/RR, and NTC3. They are much more reactive to throttle changes.

I would stick with whatever car is working really well for you until you are getting your doors blown off by another car(not another driver), then it's time to change.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc.hackmaster
ok guys called kyosho usa today, got my parts from them. not overpriced either. guy on phone was very helpfull. good to deal with the mfgr!
Have you looked at rcmart.com. I just found there website today and they have a lot of parts for your car as well. You should check the pricing out for their foams that pricing can't be real 7 bucks for a set of 42 shore Nitro Shoes. Have you ever ordered from them?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc.hackmaster
ok my lil japanese car is gonna blow by you so fast youll think its an f16! muhhahahahahahahahahahahaha
Don't forget I am driving a lil japanese car as well. After driving it today I can't wait until the next race. This baby is a monster.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys.....

can someone help me out here.. I am tryin to remove the pinion gears from the clutch bell. whats the easiest way out of this. ITs got me frustrated... I think there is some sort of tool to do so. But i dont have it. so how to do it without the tool - tips please.?

part nos.. ?? if any thing which i should order...
Old 05-25-2005, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by uaerc
Hi Guys.....

can someone help me out here.. I am tryin to remove the pinion gears from the clutch bell. whats the easiest way out of this. ITs got me frustrated... I think there is some sort of tool to do so. But i dont have it. so how to do it without the tool - tips please.?

part nos.. ?? if any thing which i should order...
What you need is this:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFVH4&P=X

It's no longer available through Tower so you need to order it from your LHS or wherever you order your parts. The part number is VZW040.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Josh's RR Set-up

Originally Posted by impalabob64
hey, cow buster the 3r knuckle gives alot of steering.Try dialing out some of your steering,or check your droop settings in the frt,an rear try 0 frt,3rear .Hear in Fla. We use vht,or grape soda,so traction is not a problem at all.You want to here something funny at the Winternat i used Josh,s set that he ran on the fwo5rr,the car was glued to the track on 37shore tires.The serpent,mugens,an Grinders 3r where running 40,42 an some 45 shore so not to traction roll.I ran 37 shore all day.i
hi impalabob64, do you happen to have Josh's RR set-up that you can e-mail me?

[email protected]

If not, that's cool. I'm actally looking for a good set-up for a med-traction track that's about 160 x 90 (tight in-field).

Thanks a lot! Tommy
Old 05-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default wanted: 37t ring gears

hi guys

i will be doing some racing at another local track that has a rather long straight.

where is the best place online to buy 37t ring gears from ?
do these ring gears only come in steel ? i wouldnt mind the normal aluminium ones

thanks
John
Old 05-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
hi guys

i will be doing some racing at another local track that has a rather long straight.

where is the best place online to buy 37t ring gears from ?
do these ring gears only come in steel ? i wouldnt mind the normal aluminium ones

thanks
John
Where are you located? I have a set F+R of the 37T gear. The gears are opened but brand new. If interested, please PM me.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I still have problems mounting my 37t ring gears correctly. I mounted the shim on the outside of the gear-housing and it worked ok, but after i upgraded to the blue center shafts supplied with the r-kit the rear one locks because there is no axial space left.

When i put the shim on the inside it seems that the smaller ring gear rubbs the edge of the diff-housing which holds the rubber-seal in place.

Best regards,
Robert
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho FW-05R-shim.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.