Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Old 05-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cow buster
Congrates Nimo. Slow car but take the lines nice and clean the time would be faster I agree.

50k diff at the front and 600 at the rear Nimo, compare to a 10k rear diff and 50k front diff will your 600rear gives more steering? Have been trying to figure out what's the adv of using harder front. Usually we would run about 30k front with 4k rear on foam tyres of course.

Another question, if the 3 racing rear Ti hinge pin (for FW05RR)the same as the kyosho FW05R rear hinge pin?

Thanks in advance. Thought you had the RRR, not racing it?
I did used to run 30k up front but found 50k gives less diffing out and straighter braking, did try 100k but after 2 runs I went back to 50k.
600 rear as my local track has a banking with a few bumps that would catch the car when off power, and using a thicker rear had the rear stepping out over the bumps, the 600 allowed time to react without causing other handling problems.

V-one S/S2/R/RR/Evo and FW05T/S/R/RR all use the same lower hinge pin in the rear (same suspension arm), if the 3racing item is the same dimensions then it should fit.

Only just started to build the RRR, I'm in no real rush.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by NiMo

V-one S/S2/R/RR/Evo and FW05T/S/R/RR all use the same lower hinge pin in the rear (same suspension arm), if the 3racing item is the same dimensions then it should fit.
Thanks Nimo.

Anyone out there tried using RRR knuckles on the FW05R? Front knuckles at 0 degree or 2 degree experience.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cow buster
Thanks Nimo.

Anyone out there tried using RRR knuckles on the FW05R? Front knuckles at 0 degree or 2 degree experience.
You must have at least the RRR 0 front hubs on, it gives loads more steering.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys!

I have an urgent problem:

I am installing my new 37t ring gears. The manual says that i have to use the 5x8x0.5mm shim. It should only be left aside mounting the 39t and 40t ring gears.

When i use the shim i have problems with the meshing because the cap of the diff-housing builds up a small ring inside the ring gear which interferes with the top of the small bevel gear.

Any suggestons on this?

Thank you very much!

Robert
Old 05-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

I've cjust fittted the 37t rings, but instead of placing the shim in the original place, I put it between the small bearing and the cup, this was to hold the small bearing within the diff case housing.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Ratio Table

Originally posted by coldfusion
Thanks a bunch Jeff. Much appreciated!

Another question to anyone who know - Is there an easier/faster method to change spurs in the track. I find myself removing the whole upper deck and gear box. This really sucks.

Thanks in advance.
Mr. Liverpudlian, remove the oil tank and the four screws that hold the mid section from the bottom. Then it will just pop out by itself. Fixing it back will be a little more troublesome, you may need a slim long nose plier to hold the center shaft that connects to the rear bevel gear and hold it through the chassis. Other than that, its pretty straight forward.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Nigel! I thought about doing the same but i feared the shim could rub the small bearing and therefore wouldnt do it, but now after your suggestion i tested it and it seems to work just fine.

How did you adjust your meshing? I am adjusting the shims on the ring-gear-side first. I put as many shims in there until the meshing feels tight but is not binding up. Then i remove 0.1mm (remove a copper shim or replace a silver shim by a copper one). After that i adjust the other side a little bit loose just to make sure the ball bearings don't get binded up when installing the upper gearbox-housing.

I think they run smooth but the sound is quite "unusual" compared to the aluminium ring gears. Sounds a little bit "harder" but eventually one or two tanks should solve this problem.

After about one gallon f racing the aluminium ring gears wasn't worn at all and looked quite good. I can't really think about people kill these things in two or three tanks.

By the way, replacing the ring gears on the RR is really a pain in the a..

Regards,
Robert
Old 05-04-2005, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ratio Table

Originally posted by BundyMan
Mr. Liverpudlian, remove the oil tank and the four screws that hold the mid section from the bottom. Then it will just pop out by itself. Fixing it back will be a little more troublesome, you may need a slim long nose plier to hold the center shaft that connects to the rear bevel gear and hold it through the chassis. Other than that, its pretty straight forward.

That's the problem...does the slim long nose plier from ProSkit work for this?

<You'll never walk alone>
Old 05-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

What starter box do you guys use for the FW05RR????
Old 05-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kt racing
What starter box do you guys use for the FW05RR????
Team Magic X5 works great.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks J
I will see If we have one in the shop.
KT
Old 05-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ratio Table

That's the problem...does the slim long nose plier from ProSkit work for this?

<You'll never walk alone>
Old 05-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Types of Swing shafts and Universals

There's quite a bit to select from. From wide foam, diff and rubber, to one way swing shafts. I'm confused. care to share which ones to go for and which works better for which application. I'm running front 1way and rear diff. At times diff in front as well tho.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Types of Swing shafts and Universals

There's quite a bit to select from. From wide foam, diff and rubber, to one way swing shafts. I'm confused. care to share which ones to go for and which works better for which application. I'm running front 1way and rear diff. At times diff in front as well tho.

Thanks
Front
VSW006 for Diff
VSW015 for one-way

Rear
VSW006 if using R rear and 26mm wheels
VSW007 if using R rear and 30mm wheels
VSW006 if using RR rear for all wheels

(I still prefer using dog bones in the rear)
Old 05-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Types of Swing shafts and Universals

Originally posted by NiMo
Front
VSW006 for Diff
VSW015 for one-way

Rear
VSW006 if using R rear and 26mm wheels
VSW007 if using R rear and 30mm wheels
VSW006 if using RR rear for all wheels

(I still prefer using dog bones in the rear)
I use VSW006 with one-way in front too. VSW015 seem to be a bit short.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.