Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This was Josh Cyrul's car at the 2004 Nationals. It clearly an RR.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Clegg

1) Is there a Graphite front shock tower for the RR yet?

2) Does anyone make a hex head Ti screw set for the FW-05R? I see Speedmind has a Ti set but I fear they are philips head.

3) Should the Centax clutch shoe be replaced (it was used for a full season), and if so what color shoe's mean what?
1) Only just been released from the factory, may be a month before Hong Kong gets them in.

2) Speedmind Ti is soft, I've had to bin most of them after they stripped, Tamiya is much stronger but only does cross head.

3) I'm still running the original clutch shoe, and have done over 100 hours of running with this car.
Grey = Soft Take Up
Black = Standard Kit
Red = Sharp Take Up
Old 01-30-2005, 02:09 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

THank you thats exactly the info I wanted!!

Also has anyone ordered from www.rc-union.com? they seem to have the RR conversion in stock (the only place I have found with it in stock)
Old 01-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
This was Josh Cyrul's car at the 2004 Nationals. It clearly an RR.
you beat me to it!!
Old 01-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Clegg
THank you thats exactly the info I wanted!!

Also has anyone ordered from www.rc-union.com? they seem to have the RR conversion in stock (the only place I have found with it in stock)
Yes I have ordered parts from them, but not my conversion kit.
(got mine from Japan on Dec 6th)
Old 01-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default josh cyrul picture

Hi ,on the Josh Cyrul car's picture you can see a canister install on the pressure line it's a standard fuel filter that you put there or it's a special part to be use. If it's a special part that will be use for that purpose do you know what is the part number and the manufacturer, thank you.

Also i buy my fw-05rr conversion kit from rc-union and all was o.k.

Alain
Old 01-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Thats a Kyosho fuel filter, part #1876
Old 01-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Marcos.J
you beat me to it!!
Noticed 2 things different, firstly is the CF upper deck. The shape is different especially near the location where the receiver is mounted and secondly, was that the kawahara CF front shock tower?

Rgds
Old 01-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TRAJ
I know you guys are probably SICK of this question but.....

I current own a V one RRR and i used to own a FW05R before that

I loved the FW05R and it run great

The V one RRR is abit taily But not uncontrolably taily

To those guys who own both the V one RRR and FW05R/FW05RR which car would you say is better on tire wear, setup ease?

Also if i run the FW05R/RR on a large track say with a 60metre straight, would the FW be able to to keep up with the belt cars if i install the Kawahara centre conversion?

I am thinking of changing back to the FW05R/RR

Thanks In Advance.
Anyone?
Old 01-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Anyone?
TRAJ, check up with jeffreylin. He has both the RRR and the FW05RR.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

I have the FW05R, FW05RR and V1RRR and the RRR is better in my opinion. Perhaps due to its lighter weight, the RRR just carrys more corner speed. The FW05 can be faster if you have lots of traction but otherwise RRR works better for me. I think the FW drivetrain is so free that it pushes unless you apply brake. As such, the kit comes with 10,000 rear diff oil to help turn in but at the cost of on power steering. I also like the RRR's easy access to the pinions and spurs. It seems easier to maintain than the FW.

Don't get me wrong, the FW is still great and I am keeping both and racing both.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Thanks D i have pm'd him
Old 01-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I have the FW05R, FW05RR and V1RRR and the RRR is better in my opinion. Perhaps due to its lighter weight, the RRR just carrys more corner speed. The FW05 can be faster if you have lots of traction but otherwise RRR works better for me. I think the FW drivetrain is so free that it pushes unless you apply brake. As such, the kit comes with 10,000 rear diff oil to help turn in but at the cost of on power steering. I also like the RRR's easy access to the pinions and spurs. It seems easier to maintain than the FW.

Don't get me wrong, the FW is still great and I am keeping both and racing both.
HI thanks

what size track do you run on? small-medium? i am having trouble with my RRR. when i give it throttle it gets very taily and annoys me i have tried soft and hard springs less camber more camber but still same thing

any idea whats wrong with it? (sorry to be off topic)
Old 01-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

HI thanks

what size track do you run on? small-medium? i am having trouble with my RRR. when i give it throttle it gets very taily and annoys me i have tried soft and hard springs less camber more camber but still same thing

First of all, I just want to answer another question you had about the FW. I run it at Revelation in LA (medium size) and Silverstone in Taipei (large size) and NEVER had problem with gearing. I use the 39T ring gear for Revelation and 37T for Silverston and 50/22 45/27 1st 2nd. I think the key is the pipe and manifold. I use the 5.2mm black kyosho pipe and manifold. I also tried the 6.0mm silver kyosho pipe and find the black one works better for both low and top end.

It's hard for me to decipher why you are having problem with your RRR with limited info given, but my set up is close to stock and it works very well. I would first check if your rear diff is working right. It sounds like it's too stiff or locking up. If the rear diff case is damaged it could lock up the gears inside. Check if it's working properly. Also what tire size are you running on the RRR? The FW should use same size tire front and rear but you should run 2mm larger rear tire on the RRR. I also find that RRR works better with smaller tires (57mm front 59mm rear) where as the FW works better with slightly bigger tires (61mm front and rear).
Old 01-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Jeffrey may be right on the rear diff... What are you running? What's your complete setup? Perhaps the track you run on is pretty loose and the rear diff is still too hard. Try a softer diff silicone oil in the rear.

Have you tried more toe-in the rear?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.