Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by NiMo
Check out some new models due for release soon.
Note : FW05RR
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/race/rac...eihin01-j.html

(translated from Japanese)
Further it is low center of gravity conversion and the NEW version appearance which carries out the optimization of suspension geometry! The shaft 4WD specification which fully loads the specifications in order to win with race/lace, aims toward worldwide game victory.
Portuga, Here's the link to the 05RR on Kyosho's site. Nimo even translates it for you.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default RD Logic Championships

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
Congratulations to Marco Acosta for making the A-main at the RD Logic Championships in only his second race with the car. He was moving up the order when his rear driveshaft threw the pin and he lost rear wheel drive and brakes.

Thanks for pitting for me along w/ Ryan Namori. The car was very easy to drive in the main and was fast enough on the straight to keep up w/ most of the field. The car is getting better everytime I go out w/ the car. I am still trying to get used to driving a shaft car since all I've ever driven is belt cars. This car is very fast in the infield! Hey Peter, I have the motor ready for you
Old 09-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Nimo, since you have installed RRR front hubs, will it affect the toe in/out ?? And how much improvement in terms of handling for the car?

I am thinking of swapping my current ride for a FW05R

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You will have to shorten the steering tie rods if you are using the RRR front hubs on the FW-05R.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Took a look at my buddy's car, the tie rods seemed it can't be tightened anymore, unless it's cut??

Rgds
Old 09-30-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BundyMan
Took a look at my buddy's car, the tie rods seemed it can't be tightened anymore, unless it's cut??

Rgds
Cut it or use the shorter ball cups on the same parts tree.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:42 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: RD Logic Championships

Originally posted by mrckymrk
Thanks for pitting for me along w/ Ryan Namori. The car was very easy to drive in the main and was fast enough on the straight to keep up w/ most of the field. The car is getting better everytime I go out w/ the car. I am still trying to get used to driving a shaft car since all I've ever driven is belt cars. This car is very fast in the infield! Hey Peter, I have the motor ready for you
Don't worry about get used to the car, take your time
I was hoping to pit for you, but I was a little busy
I will do that next time

Last edited by wad; 09-30-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Just a question, how competitive this car say comparing to the MTX 3? I have heard FW05R has less acceleration but its fast on technical circuits. I am contemplating a change

Rgds
Old 10-01-2004, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Nimo, since you have installed RRR front hubs, will it affect the toe in/out ?? And how much improvement in terms of handling for the car?

I am thinking of swapping my current ride for a FW05R

Thanks.
I just bolted the RRR hubs on to the car and made no other adjustment, went out for a test run and immediately noticed a better front end, I will never go back to the original front hubs now.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Just a question, how competitive this car say comparing to the MTX 3? I have heard FW05R has less acceleration but its fast on technical circuits. I am contemplating a change

Rgds
Less acceleration ?

Tell that to the poor MTX guy I keep rear ending
Old 10-01-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Diff advice for small track

Originally posted by i300i
I just received a 31582 hop-up FW-05R kit and will be asking a few questions. (Yes, I have read all 102 pages of this thread.)

I’ll be running rubber tires on a very small and tight prepared parking lot track; about 80 foot straight and lots of tight turns, with a few bumps.

Would it be easier to drive this style of track with a front differential, or with the one-way setup? If diff, would a lighter or heavier weight oil be better for this application? I'll be installing the RRR front hubs.

I've never driven with a front one-way diff, but I understand the trade-offs of each as far as loss of braking and gain of powering out of the turns. I don't mind a learning curve if it results in faster laps.

TIA
You must have a front diff with rubber tyres (or spin out everywhere)
50k front diff, 10k rear
Old 10-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Diff advice for small track

Originally posted by NiMo
You must have a front diff with rubber tyres (or spin out everywhere)
50k front diff, 10k rear
Thanks, NiMo.

On a related note, I see that the foam tire kit uses rear dogbones that are a little longer (about 2mm) than the rubber tire kit. I don't see any other difference in the rear suspension exploded diagram (hubs or axles). Do you know why these parts are different and whether I'll need to use the shorter dogbones when running rubber tires?
Old 10-01-2004, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Diff advice for small track

Thanks, NiMo.

On a related note, I see that the foam tire kit uses rear dogbones that are a little longer (about 2mm) than the rubber tire kit. I don't see any other difference in the rear suspension exploded diagram (hubs or axles). Do you know why these parts are different and whether I'll need to use the shorter dogbones when running rubber tires?
i think is because the rear foams are 30 mm in width and the rubber tires are 26mm
Old 10-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Diff advice for small track

Originally posted by Marcos.J
i think is because the rear foams are 30 mm in width and the rubber tires are 26mm
I see the difference now. In the assembly instructions, the gap between the a-arm and the hub is 3.8mm for the foam kit and 1.8mm for the rubber tire kit. No doubt, to accommodate the 30mm rear foams.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Diff advice for small track

Thanks, NiMo.

you can still use this rear end with Rubber's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.