Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 03:04 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

I really didn't run the standard car much so I can't tell you. I'm running the full Kawahara conversion, I can tell you that I've hit hard enough to bend a dog bone and no other damage, I love Kyosho strength.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

nott even those plastic arms? or front uprights? i thought the FW-05R were weak at the front end.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

I only broke the front suspension stay with nasty , high speed crash to PVC pipe edge front to front. Others is in good condition.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

Well I crashed too many times in the 30 minute final yesterday and ended up crabbing my way to the end, still finished 6th though.
Motor side rear swing shaft, rear pillow ball got pushed in to the swing arm causing rear toe out of 3 degrees, yet no other damage, not even a bent drive or suspension shaft.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

kyosho = strong
no doubt about it..

I crashed my FW nose-first on a runaway scenario (somebody turned a Tx at same freq while I'm at the fastest straight),... hit rubber barrier, flew to concrete wall,.. my Sanwa ERG-VR servo (that's hi-torque) munched its plastic gear completely... but what I've got was four popped ball-end links (2 on steering, 2 on frnt shocks)...

many ppl were amazed (including me) doing so w/ other chassis might write you off for the whole day, or a full front-end rebuild
what I did was pop the ball-links back in, tighten the bumpers, and replace the servo (I still dunno why the servo got busted, the saver is set at low tension coz the track was bumpy)
Old 07-26-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

ok this mite be srupid question i want to get a new car a pro one. mtx-3 r40 710 and this one. i i see thats its fw-05r. i think ive heard of fw-04r do they make one every year? i want a car that will last and parts will eb availible for a while. and is this shaft drive ssystem easier to build thn the others?
Old 07-26-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default the plastic restrictor on the venturi

hi
every engine must get this restricor i suppose, mine is RER12S5 and a plastic restrictor on the venturi on carburetor, is it necessary to take it out, coz i took it out

any affect on this
comment on this!!!!!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Finally

Well, guys..after taking like a month to complete my FW05R, I finally managed to run it yesterday. Everything was stock set up except for the diff oil and spring. The car was fast off the mark. but the rear keeps losing traction in corners.Have to take corners with caution. My rear diff is 10K, front is 50K. Rear spring is 5Star yellow spring, front is kyosho gold spring. Pretty happy with the car. Running stock foam tires. Just loved the car. Any help witht he losse tail? Thank you.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bxclip
ok this mite be srupid question i want to get a new car a pro one. mtx-3 r40 710 and this one. i i see thats its fw-05r. i think ive heard of fw-04r do they make one every year? i want a car that will last and parts will eb availible for a while. and is this shaft drive ssystem easier to build thn the others?
FW04 is the larger 220mm wide SuperTen cars which is no longer produced.

Kyosho have gone to the now world wide established 200mm size and have done a belt version known as the V-one range, and the shaft version known as the FW range.

No parts of the FW04 will fit the FW05, it is of a similar design though.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

so i read eviews and all the test drivers said this car was better then the mtx-3 710 and r40 whati smore durable and faster belt or shaft?
Old 07-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Bxclip
so i read eviews and all the test drivers said this car was better then the mtx-3 710 and r40 whati smore durable and faster belt or shaft?
Top 4 qualifyers at weekends National meeting:
1. Team Magic G4
2. Schumacher R12
3. Associated NTC3
4. Kyosho FW05R

No one runs the R40 as it has proven to be too weak, and always drops its side belt.
Strongest cars are Mugen MTX2/3, Kyosho V-one & FW05.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default what other parts needed???

hey, if you get the complete kawahara conversion kit for the kyosho fw-05r, what other stuff to you need to get the car running??? i'm planning of getting the conversion kit then get the other parts needed to make it run. i guess it's much cheaper that way... thanks...
Old 07-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

You can check out the FW05 Manual here:
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/instructionm...81_fw05r_m.pdf

Then just work out what is not provided with the Kawahara kit.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:31 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: what other parts needed???

Originally posted by doki_doki
hey, if you get the complete kawahara conversion kit for the kyosho fw-05r, what other stuff to you need to get the car running??? i'm planning of getting the conversion kit then get the other parts needed to make it run. i guess it's much cheaper that way... thanks...
The cheapest way to get into the ZT-1 would be to pick up a second hand FW05R, the condition wouldn't matter too much as it's really only things like shocks, diffs, bearings and plastics that you need. To buy all the parts as spares would cost as much as a new kit.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: what other parts needed???

Originally posted by rjl
The cheapest way to get into the ZT-1 would be to pick up a second hand FW05R, the condition wouldn't matter too much as it's really only things like shocks, diffs, bearings and plastics that you need. To buy all the parts as spares would cost as much as a new kit.
i see...how much does the kawahara fw-05r conversion kit costs??? i'll try to look for a second hand kit and compare the price when getting just the parts need to complete the conversion kit... thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.