Wiki Posts
Search

WOW, you gotta be kidding me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default WOW, you gotta be kidding me...

I have this clutch and these bearings and its been working fine for a while now:
http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...idproduct=5711
http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...?idproduct=300

I had fun with the 18t clutch and thought it would be "cool" if I bought a 12t clutch to try it out.
http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...idproduct=5705

So I go to install it yesterday and it turns out my bearings that I have in my 18t clutch dont fit!!!!!

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed off, when I bought the 12t clutch I didnt notice it said "requires 5x8 bearings" so now ive got to wait 2 weeks for some tiny little bearings to come in before I get to try my clutch!!!

ps: if anyone needs dish rims, theyre selling them at carolinasrc for a ridiculous price, 5$ for two dish rims?!? cant go wrong...I bought three sets.

http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...idproduct=1827
Old 05-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Pony up the extra 2 bucks for priority shipping. even with standard usps it only takes 6 days at most for CONUS shipping.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

seems like a simple case of "i didnt read the instructions" to me...lol
Old 05-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by desertbird
Pony up the extra 2 bucks for priority shipping. even with standard usps it only takes 6 days at most for CONUS shipping.
Its more than that, I bought more rims with this order... couldnt help it. And im in canada so it takes a bit longer.

Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3
seems like a simple case of "i didnt read the instructions" to me...lol
yeah it kind of is, I swear I read through it though, it only has two lines or writing... I dont know how I missed the "5x8 bearings" part.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Well at least you're not like me and order tires pay 8 bucks for shipping only to receive them and have 2. Could have sworn I changed the qty to 2.... grrr
Old 05-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have you ever thought about buying things at your LHS. Then when you bought the clutch bell you would of noticed that you need different bearings and would have got them right then and there.

But you know thats a smokin deal on the net. Good luck with that.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Have you ever thought about buying things at your LHS. Then when you bought the clutch bell you would of noticed that you need different bearings and would have got them right then and there.

But you know thats a smokin deal on the net. Good luck with that.
wow, what kind of question is that! of course ive thought of that... who hasnt, and I decided its smarter to buy stuff online.

My LHS is pretty dumb, and most the time they gotta order parts too, and its a 1 hr drive... so 1 hr drive, talk to idiots, wait two weeks for items or talk to you guys, order online, comes straight to my door/post office.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by new to rc cars
wow, what kind of question is that! of course ive thought of that... who hasnt, and I decided its smarter to buy stuff online.

My LHS is pretty dumb, and most the time they gotta order parts too, and its a 1 hr drive... so 1 hr drive, talk to idiots, wait two weeks for items or talk to you guys, order online, comes straight to my door/post office.
Wow... sorry to hear that. All 4 of my local hobby shops do a good job on knowing what you need and how to get it quick, although I admit one of the 4 caters more to "beginner" cars.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah I'm in the same boat as New to Cars. I walk in the door and ask for a servo and they look at me like a deer in head lights. They are nice people, but do not know anything in depth about RC. They do have one guy that is fairly knowledgable but is so full of B/S and would rather brag about his 15 airplanes, 10 helicopters and 25 cars to care about the customer's real needs, PARTS. Not everyone has a good LHS near them or I think the online business wouldn't be as profitable.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Wow... sorry to hear that. All 4 of my local hobby shops do a good job on knowing what you need and how to get it quick, although I admit one of the 4 caters more to "beginner" cars.
I wish I had a nice LHS, closest one, thats worth going to, is a 4 hour drive from where I live... or maybe it would be closer to go south, cross the US border, and shop somewhere in the northern states?

Yeah I'm in the same boat as New to Cars. I walk in the door and ask for a servo and they look at me like a deer in head lights. They are nice people, but do not know anything in depth about RC. They do have one guy that is fairly knowledgable but is so full of B/S and would rather brag about his 15 airplanes, 10 helicopters and 25 cars to care about the customer's real needs, PARTS. Not everyone has a good LHS near them or I think the online business wouldn't be as profitable.
yup, my LHS is more so a comic store, filled with complete nerds/geeks/losers.

Last time I went in there to buy my engine and stuff, there was this 45 yr old guy playing against this 45lb 7yr old chinese kid in a yu gi oh battle, as were about 20 other people. They were playing all sorts of weird games and were all intense and serious about it, it stunk and I hated it. there was this one guy with a pony tail, he was renting internet time to play WoW, I wasnt impressed at all, I felt sorry for all those guys....
Old 05-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well at least you're not like me and order tires pay 8 bucks for shipping only to receive them and have 2. Could have sworn I changed the qty to 2.... grrr
I did that once. Ordered a single pair of tyres in a big batch of stuff. Luckily a hobby shop near work had the second pair.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by new to rc cars
I wish I had a nice LHS, closest one, thats worth going to, is a 4 hour drive from where I live... or maybe it would be closer to go south, cross the US border, and shop somewhere in the northern states?

yup, my LHS is more so a comic store, filled with complete nerds/geeks/losers.

Last time I went in there to buy my engine and stuff, there was this 45 yr old guy playing against this 45lb 7yr old chinese kid in a yu gi oh battle, as were about 20 other people. They were playing all sorts of weird games and were all intense and serious about it, it stunk and I hated it. there was this one guy with a pony tail, he was renting internet time to play WoW, I wasnt impressed at all, I felt sorry for all those guys....
wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Our local hobby store is the exact opposite of yours. mostly RC related stuff, and if you came there wanting "Yu-gee-oh" or "Magic the gatheing", they tell you to take a hike. It also helps to learn more about the hobby that way no matter how stupid a store employee is, you still know what you need.