Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

At this point, is it worth picking up a used one? Is there a major diff btw the hara and regular version? Discontinued but I live about 15 min away from HPI.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hanzo3
At this point, is it worth picking up a used one? Is there a major diff btw the hara and regular version? Discontinued but I live about 15 min away from HPI.
get the hara edition, for what i know for the major differences:
battery size and layout
base plate (chasis)
radio plate
servo mounts

Old 11-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default help

hi, i would like to ask on how to tune my engine because the tank is still half full and the car dies out even though i'm WOT.and when i try to start the car back,as soon as i remove the glow igniter, the engine dies again.i also checked the glow plug,the filament has some little ash build up.not much though, just a tad bit of ash.i mean really tad bit.i've spent 2 hours trying to get things right and it's starting to get in to my nerves.everything got messed up when i cleaned the inside of the engine using a brake cleaner,as what a dude seggested me using in cleaning the inside of the engine.and also with my new trany, everytime the trany shifts to second,the engine rpm sounds like its garggling,like when you gargle when brushing your teeth.but again just a tad bit of garggle..i'm sorry for the novel like question,but its been hell ever since..i should have never cleaned the engine i guess.hehehe.btw my engine is the nitro star 12 xs.thanks in advance for the help..hehe.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gwapogi
hi, i would like to ask on how to tune my engine because the tank is still half full and the car dies out even though i'm WOT.and when i try to start the car back,as soon as i remove the glow igniter, the engine dies again.i also checked the glow plug,the filament has some little ash build up.not much though, just a tad bit of ash.i mean really tad bit.i've spent 2 hours trying to get things right and it's starting to get in to my nerves.everything got messed up when i cleaned the inside of the engine using a brake cleaner,as what a dude seggested me using in cleaning the inside of the engine.and also with my new trany, everytime the trany shifts to second,the engine rpm sounds like its garggling,like when you gargle when brushing your teeth.but again just a tad bit of garggle..i'm sorry for the novel like question,but its been hell ever since..i should have never cleaned the engine i guess.hehehe.btw my engine is the nitro star 12 xs.thanks in advance for the help..hehe.
http://www.rchobbies.org/cars_eng-tuning.htm

btw, yr glow plug maybe defective, use a new plug to try if yr car keeps dying off after removing the igniter.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default parts

hi i have some parts for R40 for sale, anyone interested send a private massege

Joe
Old 11-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hi All,

I have a brand new R40 Japan Edition for sale with many brand new spares (belts, gears, arms, diffs etc) None of it has ever been run, all spares are new in packets, car is 80% built with original box, manuals, upgrade instructions, parts etc.

All up cost of car and parts = over $500 US

$250 US plus shipping, PM me if interested....

Steve
Old 11-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hay guys selling my R40 HARA Edition.

I know for starters my car was all for LW/stiffness and durability, too much stuff to list but this was a small list I Did find.

3racing CF steering plate
3racing CF lower suspension mounts
3racing CF bumper plate (just more secure , actually heavier)
3racing CF battery cover
3racing engine brace
3racing HS engine mount or the hpi hs engine mount (my fav)

hpi v2 shocks
hpi TI screw kit
hpi CG arms
hpi CG wheel hex
hpi CF side plate
hpi CF lw flex side plate
hpi pro4 purple ti front turnbuckles
hpi rear solid axle (ran at front)
hpi 4 gear rear diff
hpi hara upper chassis
hpi hara super chassis

gpm exhaust mount
gpm ti brake disc

Misc:
acer racing poly bearings
lunsford ti turnbuckles for the rear (1-2mm longer than stock)
mugen mtx-3 clutch set w/ grey and yellow pads

Looking for $350

Must sell , contact me right away , listing in classifieds. You will recieve more than this , trust me.

Also selling a 2004 Edition , $150 , great condition! Must sell , paypal payments only...
Old 11-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gambelli
Hi All,

I have a brand new R40 Japan Edition for sale with many brand new spares (belts, gears, arms, diffs etc) None of it has ever been run, all spares are new in packets, car is 80% built with original box, manuals, upgrade instructions, parts etc.

All up cost of car and parts = over $500 US

$250 US plus shipping, PM me if interested....

Steve
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Hay guys selling my R40 HARA Edition.

I know for starters my car was all for LW/stiffness and durability, too much stuff to list but this was a small list I Did find.

3racing CF steering plate
3racing CF lower suspension mounts
3racing CF bumper plate (just more secure , actually heavier)
3racing CF battery cover
3racing engine brace
3racing HS engine mount or the hpi hs engine mount (my fav)

hpi v2 shocks
hpi TI screw kit
hpi CG arms
hpi CG wheel hex
hpi CF side plate
hpi CF lw flex side plate
hpi pro4 purple ti front turnbuckles
hpi rear solid axle (ran at front)
hpi 4 gear rear diff
hpi hara upper chassis
hpi hara super chassis

gpm exhaust mount
gpm ti brake disc

Misc:
acer racing poly bearings
lunsford ti turnbuckles for the rear (1-2mm longer than stock)
mugen mtx-3 clutch set w/ grey and yellow pads

Looking for $350

Must sell , contact me right away , listing in classifieds. You will recieve more than this , trust me.

Also selling a 2004 Edition , $150 , great condition! Must sell , paypal payments only...

you should keep them and race them in the newly announced HPI Challenge series....'08
Old 12-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

anyone interested in spare parts?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=197303
Old 12-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

anyone gone from a RS4 to a R40? There must be a big difference. Can you tell me how it is? I am thinking about getting an R40 to mess with. But there are no local tracks near me. How are parts support?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanzo3
anyone gone from a RS4 to a R40? There must be a big difference. Can you tell me how it is? I am thinking about getting an R40 to mess with. But there are no local tracks near me. How are parts support?
I used to race the RS4-2, Racer2. Then switched to Serpent. I went back to the R40 when it was available and found I liked it much then the Serpent. You can't really even compare the RS4 series cars with any of the newer chassis designs. If you were going to get an R40, get the US Hara version. Its the one without the large cutout in the bottom of the chassis for the battery. Get one used with lots of spare parts and you will be set. And to answer your question, yes there is a big difference between the Hara and non hara kits. Parts may become harder to find, but I havent' had to replace many. I got lots and lots of spares when I bought mine.

Local racing is getting a bit spotty for nitro. You can always check out CharlieB's OCcircuit thread in the racing forum. He puts on races fathfully 2x a month. One weekend in La Mirada and another in Corona. You can also run at Crystal park although I have heard they are changing to a membership format. Further away is SVM, in Sun Valley. I have also read that the GLARC (not sure if those are the correct letters) is starting back up.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Just a bump to get this thread to the top and to try and rally the troops for the 08 racing season. As fastharry posted above, HPI has resurrected the HPI challenge series this year. Southern California has gotten lots and lots of support. I want to see how many of you from this area are planning on running the challenge races/series. Lets make a good showing, have a great time and do lots of racing. I'll be racing in Nitro pro with my Hara r40, Nitro sportsman with my old school racer2 and Micro mod. I've gotta scour the LHS for and escudo body or 2, and I'll be all set to go.

Anybody left in So Cal with HPI cars?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
Just a bump to get this thread to the top and to try and rally the troops for the 08 racing season. As fastharry posted above, HPI has resurrected the HPI challenge series this year. Southern California has gotten lots and lots of support. I want to see how many of you from this area are planning on running the challenge races/series. Lets make a good showing, have a great time and do lots of racing. I'll be racing in Nitro pro with my Hara r40, Nitro sportsman with my old school racer2 and Micro mod. I've gotta scour the LHS for and escudo body or 2, and I'll be all set to go.

Anybody left in So Cal with HPI cars?

I was thinking of going x ray or serpent this year for nitro, and electric, but at this point, I will not...

I am racing HPI again this year, with every intention of winning the challenges.......

personally, since I have never stopped racing them, and am uber familiar with them, not to mention tuning them, I think I have a good shot....
Old 01-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new

just bought a HPI RS4 EVO 3 and want to upgrade the pipe and would like something polished. I want a short to mid-length pipe and something that sounds cool

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought a Traxxas one and it was for the other side engine style.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you can try Skyline pipe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.