Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi i am new to forums (i only posted this couse its my 1st post)
Now to the subject.
Ivan why we should move on?
If something works then dont touch it,what i want to say is as long you can find parts(and it will be for long time) and ofcorce you like the way a car drives why should you change?
personaly i dont care if the car stops i love it i respect it i keep it.
But that is just me
Old 01-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WHAT THATS BU** I THINK hpi SHOULD MAKE A NEW R40 LIKE WITH BETTER TINGS AND SUCH I THINK HOT BODIES IS CRA*
Old 01-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 18SS
WHAT THATS BU** I THINK hpi SHOULD MAKE A NEW R40 LIKE WITH BETTER TINGS AND SUCH I THINK HOT BODIES IS CRA*
From the looks of you signature you don't even own an R40 so why are you getting so worked up? This shouldn't be suprising news for anybody who has had an R40 for any length of time. At least HPI has officially teamed up with Hot Bodies. This gives some hope for a gas touring car in the future. I'm not holding my breath though. I will continue to race both my R40's. I can't really justify buying a new car for racing 5 or 6 times a year. Besides, I like the car and am comfortable with it.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hpi has always had a gas touring car,and they always will....no matter what arm of HPI it comes from......take that for what its worth///
Old 01-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Same here. I like my R40 as parts are cheap, it's fairly easy to work on, and you have 3 online companies with good aftermarket parts. If I can run a mostly stock R40 with a weak engine against a crowd of mugens, kyoshos, serpents and make a B main, then that's skill enough for me. Besides I already have a mess of R40 parts. If sometimes ya gotta rep then hell do it.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well I hope hotbodies hops to it. We need something interesting. Also them saying they will continue to sell it...oh gee. Thanks. I guess its good news for those wanting to stick with the r40. Right now im contemplating buying an mtx-4 and being done with my hpi till they get there act together.

After my issues with the r40 clutch im pretty much turned off by that. I mean everytime I pop out a new clutch set for the r40. I look at the halariously long pins that touch the clutch bell and think to myself...dear god every kit comes like this? Also the wax like clutch disc is also enough to break me into laughter. I can only imagine how quickly it melts and slips if you were to get past the flywheel pins. What is wrong with these people @ hpi I think they lost focus or something. All they need to do is change the length of that pin and I bet all these poor people who are clueless about this forum might get it going well. It shows something so obvious not getting touched , that its just not a big concern at all to them. I mean thats just outright crazy.

The car has some good points though. Beyond that the mugen/kyoshos seem to be wiping it up and im sure if hara did compete again...which he wont. He will probably get wiped up by the mtx4 and RRR cars. Probably even a few 720's.

Oh well , was fun while it lasted. Ill probably keep my one hara r40 as a momento then will wonder why I did this as I sell it off at a garage sale for $40 bucks to some kid a few years later...but If I get back into racing again. Im tired of the uphill battle. Even though its fun to win and be like yeah I just beat mtx-4 and such...which I can. But when it fails you, you wish you had that extra edge.

I still havent driven a mtx-4 so dont take my opinion to heart. But its pretty obvious when seeing these on track that its the way to go. They are just on average the quicker car and I doubt this is a drivers thing. As well most parts are just more well made for racing. It seems Ive had to do so much to my r40 that I doubt ill put this much time into it again to perfect it, which it needs probably a good rebuild. Where an mtx-4 itll be like a team losi. You can pretty much build it stock and race and win with it and not worry about broken parts. But if that 2nd gear blow out problem comes up in my mtx-4. Im going to toss that car into the trash bin and burn my pit box...lol, pulling out a good handful of hair at the same time. But watch as soon as I buy the mtx-4 , something new will come out like the mtx-4 prospec. So rather than delay its release Ill buy it now so mugen can come out with it the following week. Thats my luck. But the deal I can get right now is hard to pass up.

Allthough not purchased yet. I do plan a couple more races on the r40. But not really sure im probably going to build the mtx-4 and see how it goes myself. Otherwise rather than fix all these things on the r40. Im just going to support mugen which at this point my r40 is already turning into. So rather than put mugen parts on my car. Im just going to go mugen for a little. See where it takes me.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 01-05-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Great point Artificial-I well said.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What's wrong with the 720? Is the MTX-4 that much better?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by Deeds
look at racing results people you have never heard of race & do well with mugen & kyosho on the other hand 720 only a select few & they are all big names i have been to races and watched the top guys cars are not even close to box stock ive seen the top kyosho guys & top mugen there cars are close to box stock or have parts that the public can get and they even help you trust me ive been there just my own 2cents
Old 01-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

I just send a mail to our distributor. I'm picking up my MTX-4 tomorrow. I will keep the R40 as a practice car, and use the mugen for racing.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ProE
I just send a mail to our distributor. I'm picking up my MTX-4 tomorrow. I will keep the R40 as a practice car, and use the mugen for racing.
You won't be disappointed in your choice you should see a differnce in your lap times compare to the R40.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well said A.I.

I too am looking at the Mugen next year. The R40 will receive no more work at this point. I enjoyed working on the R40 and still use the stock centax with little to no issue. Regardless it'd be nice to see Hara run the R40 again. Ah well.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default HPI R40

does anyone wanna buy a hpi r40 heres the link to it http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2861879#post2861879
Old 01-06-2007, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Well said A.I.

I too am looking at the Mugen next year. The R40 will receive no more work at this point. I enjoyed working on the R40 and still use the stock centax with little to no issue. Regardless it'd be nice to see Hara run the R40 again. Ah well.
Yeah some can get it to run fine. I just wasnt one of those people. I got tired of always needed to trim the posts on new flywheels , ream a mugen pad and hope it all works.

Then to top it all off the pinion gear removal tool was utterly pointless. It couldnt remove a pinion at all. I got the mugen pinion removal tool and its too small for certain pinions. So now once I get my mugen I can remove pinions no problem.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deeds
Well, let me put it this way.
A friend of mine ran the 720 at the worlds and thats the last time he ran it before going back to his Mtx3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.