Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Also look into getting a spool / aka rear solid axle and put that in the front of the car. This way you will be able to use your brakes....otherwise a one-way, it makes it so you cant brake as much without spinning out.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Can you give me a part number for this solid front axle please.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by milenko_76
Can you give me a part number for this solid front axle please.

only 'cause you said please.....

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHLX2&P=7
Old 10-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I actually liked running the oneway in the R40. I did pretty well with a mostly stock one at the regional. The only thing I had though was the LW stuff on the drivetrain and slightly smaller .12 THS pipe. Maybe a change of gearing would of helped too on the straight and infield. Regardless the spool is great for a lot of stop on the tighter tracks otherwise the oneway is good to have for the larger tracks.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Spool or 1 way

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
I actually liked running the oneway in the R40. I did pretty well with a mostly stock one at the regional. The only thing I had though was the LW stuff on the drivetrain and slightly smaller .12 THS pipe. Maybe a change of gearing would of helped too on the straight and infield. Regardless the spool is great for a lot of stop on the tighter tracks otherwise the oneway is good to have for the larger tracks.
That one depends on the track, i suppose spool is better for big tracks and
1 way is better for tight tracks. But still Lap time will confirm on what to use.
So try both and check which one is faster. If the lap time of spool is a little
lesser than the 1 way. You should use spool to have more consistency.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

It's actually the other way around. Oneway are great for big tracks and spool for smaller tracks. Regardless some still use a oneway on the smaller tracks anyway. Smaller though still isn't a definite size as no size is given. It's just something you have to gauge by looking at the track size and or try to see what you are faster with. Some still use diffs on big tracks and or spools. This track I raced with my oneway. Braking really wasn't hard since I adjusted my drag brake and brake trim to get enough stopping power without spinning out. It's about 205' x 108'

Old 10-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Where is that track? Is that a BARCAR track?

I still use a diff in the front of my car with very thick oil.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

that is the track at floyd bennet field, the surface is just under a year old at this point. Fanatic Remote Racers is the group responsible for bringing this track to the NYC area.

rossb I know you've been to floyd before the track is not in the old location you may remember it is much closer to the entrance to the park.

PM me for more info
Old 10-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
It's actually the other way around. Oneway are great for big tracks and spool for smaller tracks. Regardless some still use a oneway on the smaller tracks anyway. Smaller though still isn't a definite size as no size is given. It's just something you have to gauge by looking at the track size and or try to see what you are faster with. Some still use diffs on big tracks and or spools. This track I raced with my oneway. Braking really wasn't hard since I adjusted my drag brake and brake trim to get enough stopping power without spinning out. It's about 205' x 108'

Yes, with that kind of track 1way is better than spool because the
track has lots of sweepers and have some u-turns.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Some of our TQs though didn't use a one way - they used spool or diffs. Pretty much all preference since some don't believe in using a oneway for sedans and leave em to the 8ths who really excell with them.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Where is the FRR web site? http://www.frracers.com/ has been down for a while.

I've heard that this crowd is a bit "tough" and they tend to hack. Is this true?
Old 10-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

The site has been hacked for a while so they are working on a new website. As for the hacks it's not true. I ran the regional with no worries. The races were clean and no hacks. The crowd isn't tough at all. Don't worry about old rumors and head on over for some fun! The track is great, people are friendly and worth a trip. I'm glad I didn't miss out on going to that event like all the others I missed. I'll definately take a trip down more often next yr.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

I'll check it out next year. I used to run with BARCAR when they were at the school in Edison so the crowd may be similar. I did see a lot of hacks @ BARCAR but I was usually able to stay out of trouble. I look forward to next year's schedule @ FBF. I have a lot of new mods on my R40 and I want to run it.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default new mod

Originally Posted by rossb
I'll check it out next year. I used to run with BARCAR when they were at the school in Edison so the crowd may be similar. I did see a lot of hacks @ BARCAR but I was usually able to stay out of trouble. I look forward to next year's schedule @ FBF. I have a lot of new mods on my R40 and I want to run it.
what are you new mods in your r40?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just ran my R40 for the first time, also my first time at a track in 2 years. Car handled great, except there was way too much traction and it kept traction rolling, made some changes and got better, but as the day got cooler it got worst again. Some pointers would be welcome.

I was running Associateds springs all around, white fronts and yellow rears, harderst Asso springs. Front sway bar at full hard. I ended up running 45 fronts and 42 rears, and still traction rolling like crazy. The only thing I didnt try was truing down the tires, I was running them straight out of the box.

I also had a few questions about some extra parts that came in the box. There were 2 sets of rear bottom hinge pins mount, I mounted the ones with the 0 on it, how will the ones with the 2 change the way the car handles? I imagine that they change the roll center but Im not sure. Also, is it possible to change the front roll center on the R40?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.