Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JAG Racing
Huh? OK - I'll stop by the hobby shop tonight and pull some new parts off the shelf and see if maybe I have a "defective" HPI flywheel. - Thanks for the heads-up Hesky.

AMG Racer - Comment?
Old 08-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Also finalizing the weight list. I weighed quite a few things , also found a few lw items that im going to keep to myself (gotta stay ahead a little). But yeah you guys would be jealous of this one I found. Drops 4 grams off the car , costed 5 dollars and its connected to the drivetrain and suspension.
Friends don't keep secrets
Old 08-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yeah Regg some of the guys were driving out to ohio for some onroad event. I was at Floyd today with my friend and indeed not many people were there. First some chinese kid, a guy named Carlos, then later Rudolpho showed up, Ian, and some other guy who went to run his MRX4. Rudy ran the Serpent 850, I ran my friends CD3 pro, MRX4, and then R40. It was a great day for running. A bit hot, but we got some laptime, nice clean runs, and enough hose hoppin fun. .
Old 08-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

BTW, the R40 ran really good with the stock springs and 50wt front and 40wt rear. I also got rid of the diff oil in the rear. Only thing I had to fix was the ride height, but we soon ran outta time.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAG Racing
AMG Racer - Comment?
Unfortunately it seems the R40 flywheel has, how do I put it, quality control issues. The Mugen clutch shoe "should" fit right on everything being equal. However I have had to ream my Mugen shoe slightly to get it to slide nicely. It fit OK but just was sticky. On my really old flywheel it does not fit at all. I would not go reaming too much out of the shoe without testing a few flywheels, but none of mine have been a perfect fit yet.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

On another note that STS team motor was a screamer!! It had all the power of a JP, very impressive!! I had a few too many DNFs due to other issues to do really well unfortunately, finished 25 our of 50 in the end. Never got in a good qualifier. Then with bad luck got into the "wrong" quarter final where I came 4th on 44 laps, top 3 bumped up. But I was 5th fastest out of the 2 quarters and "should have" bumped up with normal rules of 6 fastest. Dang. Anyways my final run was real fast and I was passing 3rd place when he spun, I hit him and damaged my body so it was dragging and I lost a ton of turn in. Was not my day
Old 08-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone know if the 2 speed shoes for the mugen mtx-3 will fit the r40 or maybe even the serpent 710's? Because i have to order some little things for replacements. tower doesnt stock the most the things for my car while another site does. But it doesnt carry r40 parts.(this is for my engine). So would they fit cause i dont want to pay twice as much as i should have cause of shipping.

Oh yea rcmodel stocks hpi's urethane belts for the r40
part numbers are hpi 33429 and hpi 33430
just type thos in the search and u got it.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey you guys!!! Been out of action for a while, Tomorrow I get my new LW chassis and the aluminum 12mm hex from 3racing. I also wanna let you guys know that al rcmart they are selling the serpent Rx pack for like $7 USD which consists of 5 AAA batteries weighing in at 68 grams... I ordered 3 just in case.

BTW check out my new M3 body... I love it

http://photobucket.com/albums/y90/klanderman/

Later!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I snagged a speedmind pack last night for $15. Im hoping its somewhat lightweight, its at least a start. I also finally figured out what im going to use for my lithium pack. Well at least one of them. Im just worried about the total weight on it. Ill let you guys know once I come up with the final weight on them. Im hoping for a 40gram pack or lighter. With a buttload of runtime.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 08-04-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greenbox

Oh yea rcmodel stocks hpi's urethane belts for the r40
part numbers are hpi 33429 and hpi 33430
just type thos in the search and u got it.
Thanks for the part #'s. Im halfway remembering what these do. I think they just werent prone to stretching as much? Im not sure if they were any more efficient or meant to last longer?

Im almost thinking with all the power the r40 takes with the fast motors of today. Im thinking the good ol stretchy rubber makes for a cushion against bending drivetrain parts. Im sure it would make the car more responsive to throttle input though.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
On another note that STS team motor was a screamer!! It had all the power of a JP, very impressive!! I had a few too many DNFs due to other issues to do really well unfortunately, finished 25 our of 50 in the end. Never got in a good qualifier. Then with bad luck got into the "wrong" quarter final where I came 4th on 44 laps, top 3 bumped up. But I was 5th fastest out of the 2 quarters and "should have" bumped up with normal rules of 6 fastest. Dang. Anyways my final run was real fast and I was passing 3rd place when he spun, I hit him and damaged my body so it was dragging and I lost a ton of turn in. Was not my day
Gotta love going to the track with a better car and motor and performing worse. Always makes you think about the rule of just good driving versus wasting money on parts.

Allthough I dont live by that rule, its always lovely to have it re-introduced that way. Also was this with your new 2004 r40?

Im hoping the same doesnt happen to me. It almost seems the worse I make my car, slower engines , detuned engines and slow cheap servos...my car runs better. I think it has something to do with my mind. I go out with the best stuff and I cant focus correct cause im thinking how fast it will be and how it will do and how I dont want to break 80 dollar servos versus just plain ol driving.

I know with my old r40, my stock 3003 futaba servos and motor that was so rich I couldnt get into second. I was just tearing by people like they were stopped. I had like a good 15second lead over the 2nd place guy....lol. Then once everything was prepared and good for the next race. I get 8th or something horrible and was getting hacked all day.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

I personally find the R40 belts to be durable. Mine only tore up since I was driving in a high debris littered lot. Other than that, I plan to buy a setup guage from someone for $60. It's a serpent and only set for sedans. Not quite sure what I'll do with the 8th and I may not just run it for a while. I like the R40 and with the upgrades I have on it right now the car is quite competative. Hey Klander how ya been!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

The urethane belts are more efficient. They roll freer and transfer energy better. They are NOT more durable though. In fact they are more brittle then the standard rubber.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Get the integy setup station 2 from tower once they come in stock. That setup system is nice also comes with a board with a built in level.

Also if use tower correctly with the promotions going on you can get it for under 100.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

u know the idea of hte magnesium chassi? Well i was being real dumb there and forgot totally that a good friend of mine was in the air force reserve as a mehcanic. he's got acces to aircraft quality machining tools and materials. Oh boy am i lucky . Looks like this magnesium chassi might be free.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.