Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I was smacking the crap out of my car on the walls yesterday. PVC pipe I believe. Didnt seem to give much. I would come off the straight full speed ahead of everyone else.

Then the turn at the end of the striaght I would be so into how fast my car was...that I wouldnt turn early enough and I was just running up and onto the wall I was going so fast into it.

Never had one problem.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well I'll give mounting the RX to the throttle servo a try. My thing is, will it fall off? Anyone did this using the stock radio tray or upgraded version?
Old 05-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by HarKonnenD
Well I'll give mounting the RX to the throttle servo a try. My thing is, will it fall off? Anyone did this using the stock radio tray or upgraded version?
HARK I tried putting the Rx on the throttle servo also, but got a little scared as it's too close to the CB and I was afraid to damage it, so I left it in the same place lol... I got my lola body ans last night I was taping it for the paint job... post pics later, also I''ll send you some vids from yesterday. I tried out my stock HPI rs4 2 racer and I was whooping evo's butt al over the place lol...
Old 05-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Sounds great man. I can't wait to see it.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by KLANDERMAN
HARK I tried putting the Rx on the throttle servo also, but got a little scared as it's too close to the CB and I was afraid to damage it, so I left it in the same place lol... I got my lola body ans last night I was taping it for the paint job... post pics later, also I''ll send you some vids from yesterday. I tried out my stock HPI rs4 2 racer and I was whooping evo's butt al over the place lol...
I feel you guys on the wiring and Rx box. I thought of getting rid of the box all together and just using double sided tape and the RX box lid. The Rx being exposed was an issue because whoever is filling up the car has to be extremely careful when fueling the car during a race. I decided that the Rx box staying in there was more important because some people that mean well by helping during your race do make mistakes.

The wiring is super tight in the box and along the battery routing. I opened up the front of the battery holder to relieve the tightness through out the battery chamber.

I will say that the Rx box area is so tight that I am concerned the Futaba leads will get kinked. (Very tight!)
Old 05-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Just to let you know a racer here had his RX next to the Servo. Some car side swiped his and ruined every single wire on the receiver.

Took out two servo cords and a power cord.

After I saw that I said forget it. Im fine with the RX in its box.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a pic of the R-40 with the RS$ racer
Old 05-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

sorry... here is the attachment...
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-r-40-rs4-racer.jpg  
Old 05-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anothre shot, but this is from my lola body...
check it out.
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-lola-front2.jpg  
Old 05-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

This shot is from the side and it already has some tape for the paint job...
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-lola-3.4.jpg  
Old 05-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: r-40

Originally posted by JAG Racing
AMG-Racer - those pics of Hara's car you pasted - what front tie rod link system is that? The factor R40 link system has some "slop" I want to get rid of. Thanks in advance.
From what I can work out he is using the Pro 4 shock mounting system on the front steering rods. It would be more secure since the end cannot pop off over the nut.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by KLANDERMAN
Anothre shot, but this is from my lola body...
check it out.
Man - did you use your teeth when cutting those shock access holes? j/k
Old 05-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CVEC's back

After running in the HPI challenge in Orlando this weekend, I thought I'd share my nice new paint job. As you can see in the pics, CVEC is back with a nice new ROAR legal pipe, made out of billett aluminum. I'm using it with a Sirio modified by Murnan. I've tested it with the Mugen X12, OS-TR, Orion Wasp, and a RB X12. Great low end, and mid-range. Top end seems to be about average, but that mid-range is what I was looking for.

CVEC was my sponsor, until about 3 weeks ago, when my family took over it, giving me a reason to race full time.

Keep an eye out for CVEC at your local hobby shops. We are dedicated to bring high end pipes, race proven, and dyno tuned to you.

Last edited by Jea3; 05-02-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Do any of guys run a CF front bumper support. The smaller upper bumper.

I just got a 3racing and im thinking maybe I shouldnt. Has anyone had any trouble with the CF ones breaking?

I merely wanted one because the plastic get distorted when torquing it down. And I like anything CF.

Also got the CF battery cover again after seeing it I thought to myself. Now im going to have to clean out my battery. So im probably going to stick with the stock plastic battery cover.

*Sigh* Gotta love buying parts you dont use.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: CVEC's back

Originally posted by Jea3
After running in the HPI challenge in Orlando this weekend, I thought I'd share my nice new paint job. As you can see in the pics, CVEC is back with a nice new ROAR legal pipe, made out of billett aluminum. I'm using it with a Sirio modified by Murnan. I've tested it with the Mugen X12, OS-TR, Orion Wasp, and a RB X12. Great low end, and mid-range. Top end seems to be about average, but that mid-range is what I was looking for.

CVEC was my sponsor, until about 3 weeks ago, when my family took over it, giving me a reason to race full time.

Keep an eye out for CVEC at your local hobby shops. We are dedicated to bring high end pipes, race proven, and dyno tuned to you.

That car looks insanely familiar. I know I saw that car at the hpi challenge. Not sure if you might even be the guy I spoke with for quite awhile. I had a dead RX battery. Maybe your the one who helped me.

So essentially you guys run / own CVEC now? Thats awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.