Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum >

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Old 06-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Just remember that with the pro touring cars you will need proper tools above all else to ensure proper suspension adjustments for correct handling.

Originally posted by arsenal9102001
hey thanks for the very good advice. i do not know what ppl means though( sorry). well i really do not run on atrack right now because i live in germany and well were i live there isn't much around if you know what i mean. i have a stadium truck right now which is fun as he!! and i now am looking for on road car. i have heard some real good things about hpi and they seem to be worth it. but it will be my first kit so i want to do it right. also any advice on radio gear would be cool. i am looking to race when i get out of the army and get back to the states. so right now i am looking for more wide open running. money not really an issue. but i want a really good reliable engine. so if i pay 300 or more it needs to last well if i don't jack it up of course but i am pretty good with tunning. thanks again for the advice!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

tranced,

what large "real" track did you visit recently? was it in NJ? where do you usually run? Floyd Bennet?
Old 06-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I haven't been to Floyd Bennet in yrs..well like 2-3yrs really. Lots of racers and wanna be's. Always gonna have some dude saying he's gonna dust ya cuz he has a turbo engine, this, that, and sooner or later he ruins his car. LOL. Anyone know if the R40 can take a hump pack? Its the only kind that fits in my 8th scale buggy and I'd really not want to spend like another $330 or so. Just gonna snag an R40 and use my skyline body, MT12, and THS pipe. Also throw on the GRP Foams too. Have a nice car to sit on my shelf and cruise around for play. Kinda miss nitro onroad a bit. Its either get the R40 and have a nitro onroad and nitro buggy or save for a real car and a new .21 engine for the 8th scale.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I can find out the specs of the front bearing for the novarossi Mt12, besides the manual; which I do not have.

thanks Jason
Old 06-11-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by jscamry
Hey all I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I can find out the specs of the front bearing for the novarossi Mt12, besides the manual; which I do not have.

thanks Jason

I would call Mugen USA......They are really nice guys....
Phone: 949-707-5607.....(and they are the new importers of Nova Rossi engines,so they might even have the bearing)..

Also,you could try posting a question in the Engine Forums....

Or the Mugen thread........

Or Email Novarossi in Italy...

or measure the ID and OD with w digital caliper,and call Boca Bearings........

Hope that helps...
Old 06-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can someone tell me what other OPTIONS I can use to replace the stock shocks damper from 2 holes to something else..?
The kits does not include anything else.....no 1 hole, no 3 or 4 holes....no nothing...

The option parts mentioned by HARA is not a US HPI parts.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

thanks Jason
What do you need? Size?

Front bearing: 7x19x6
Rear(inner) bearing: 11x21x5
Old 06-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Can someone tell me what other OPTIONS I can use to replace the stock shocks damper from 2 holes to something else..?
The kits does not include anything else.....no 1 hole, no 3 or 4 holes....no nothing...

The option parts mentioned by HARA is not a US HPI parts.
These should work. This is what comes with the aluminum shocks.

HPI Teflon Pistons
HPI Part# 6818
Old 06-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by rod_b
These should work. This is what comes with the aluminum shocks.

HPI Teflon Pistons
HPI Part# 6818
Rod....thanks, can't wait to get the R40 together and give it a try.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

I was at floyd for 2 consecutive weekends, like 3 weeks ago i believe.. had a blast! especially when i was pacing an 8th scale ROFL that was fun..

if u were there, i was running the orange/black 350z with the engine troubles

Originally posted by boom
tranced,

what large "real" track did you visit recently? was it in NJ? where do you usually run? Floyd Bennet?
Old 06-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default thanks all for the bearing help

I was wondering how do you all cure the knucles of poping off from the piviot balls?

thanks Jason
Old 06-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: thanks all for the bearing help

I was wondering how do you all cure the knucles of poping off from the piviot balls?

thanks Jason
Fortunately for me it has not happened. There really is no fix except to replace the knuckles as they break. Possibly you could try the metal knuckles offered by GPM, but I am not sure that this will really help you a great deal as the alloy quality is quite poor.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: thanks all for the bearing help

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Fortunately for me it has not happened. There really is no fix except to replace the knuckles as they break. Possibly you could try the metal knuckles offered by GPM, but I am not sure that this will really help you a great deal as the alloy quality is quite poor.
if anything I may just buy the plastic knuckles and improve my driving skills-hehehe
Old 06-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by tranced
I was at floyd for 2 consecutive weekends, like 3 weeks ago i believe.. had a blast! especially when i was pacing an 8th scale ROFL that was fun..

if u were there, i was running the orange/black 350z with the engine troubles
8th scales don't seem to have much of an advantage over the smaller cars at Floyd. LOL. Just not enough room for them to really speed up. So they just get lapped by everyone else all the time.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I was just there (floyd) yesterday.... it was all good till some speed racers decided to change the track layout into a straight + huge chicanes...... so boring

I found my stock R40 gearing was too short for that straightaway though. Did you guys raise your pinion count a tooth or two?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.