Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: rear shock spacer

Originally posted by jscamry
Does anyone know where I can find part number Z805 for the R40 it is a spacer used in the front and rear shock towers. they are in between the ball studs and the shock towers. I lost one while running and I looked on tower but did not find them. Are there anyother cars that may use this same peice?

thanks Jason
It is simply a 3mm ID spacer, from memory they are like 5mm or so long. Your LHS should have heaps of these. In a pinch get some non-lock nuts and thread them onto the screw. 2 or 3 should work.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks AMGracer I will have to look out for those
Old 03-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Hara Setup

Originally posted by AMGRacer
The industry standard for droop measurement is the HUDY tool.
Thanks, I'm familiar with the Hudy tools and measuring droop. Really, I should have refined my question to ask specifically where Hara was measuring droop at on the suspension. Whether it is at the bottom of the knuckles, or at the bottom of the shock mount location on the arms.

The 0mm measurement is what threw me. If you measure 1mm of droop, and 0mm of bump stop at the same location your suspension won't move. haha

J
Old 03-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

AMGRacer: we should call you the answer machine, your just running them off one after another!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Hara Setup

Originally posted by burger
Thanks, I'm familiar with the Hudy tools and measuring droop. Really, I should have refined my question to ask specifically where Hara was measuring droop at on the suspension. Whether it is at the bottom of the knuckles, or at the bottom of the shock mount location on the arms.

The 0mm measurement is what threw me. If you measure 1mm of droop, and 0mm of bump stop at the same location your suspension won't move. haha

J
Not being there I cant say for sure, but I would be 99% that he would measure from the hubs. This is where I measure from and my droop settings are very similar to those Hara used.

Yeah I think the 0mm on the bump is pretty dumb too. My advice is to never limit bump in the rear, just take the screws out the arms. The only reason to use it in my opinion is if your brakes are very strong and you are bottoming your chassis under brakes which will make you push badly. Then you could mayby limit front bump to prevent the bottoming. I am actually going to try this on a very bumpy track that I run at.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Darkseid
AMGRacer: we should call you the answer machine, your just running them off one after another!
Hehehe just trying to get more people running and liking this sweet car
Old 03-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default help! my motor doesn't seem to fit.

i and just got my motor and pipe for my R40 today but when I put the motor in ( hpi 12R XS (p/n hpi1301) the side belt touches the exauhst port on the motor. If it make the belt super tight I can get the header on ( dynamite 1-piece header pipe set ) but then it touches the belt and sits about 1-2mm below the bottom of the chassis.

has anybody else had this problem? If its the pipe set can someone please tell me what fill fit preferab le from Team Orion or RD Logic.

Mark
Old 03-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Hara Setup

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Then you could mayby limit front bump to prevent the bottoming. I am actually going to try this on a very bumpy track that I run at.
I can tell you that I have tried this on my Reflex and it does work well. As long as you do it in moderation. Limit the up travel just enough to prevent the bottoming out and everything will be fine. If you take it too far, then it starts to effect the handling over corner dots and things like that. Even though I've tried it, I didn't use this method very much because in most situations that car breaked very level and didn't tip the nose.

I see (from early test) that it may be something I need to try on the R40, but if I have a choice I prefer not to mess with the up travel at all.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:10 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: help! my motor doesn't seem to fit.

Originally posted by mtveten
i and just got my motor and pipe for my R40 today but when I put the motor in ( hpi 12R XS (p/n hpi1301) the side belt touches the exauhst port on the motor. If it make the belt super tight I can get the header on ( dynamite 1-piece header pipe set ) but then it touches the belt and sits about 1-2mm below the bottom of the chassis.

has anybody else had this problem? If its the pipe set can someone please tell me what fill fit preferab le from Team Orion or RD Logic.

Mark
I can tell you that with my Sirio engine and Trinity header, my belt did touch the exhaust header. But it only required me to lower the belt tensioner a little until it clear it. Even with lowering the tensioner on the brand new belt, the drivetrain was still completely free.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Hara Setup

Originally posted by burger

J
Industry standard (very good and professional term....) is measuring at the bottom of the steering knuckles (hub) at...

0mm = place your chassis/car on the HUDY board and your steering hub is suppose to be touching the board....chassis = the lowest point of the hub = 0mm
Old 03-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Hara Setup

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
0mm = place your chassis/car on the HUDY board and your steering hub is suppose to be touching the board....chassis = the lowest point of the hub = 0mm
Exactly, this is why 0mm bump stop measurements for Hara's setup would be a bad idea.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

what is out there for the car as hop ups from hpi or other companys of the top of your heads i picked up something for it but i cant find it in hk yet and dont know if i can say anything yet
Old 03-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default options?

20 Smoke,
If you cant finish the sentence dont start it. HPI, offers the 2004 kit which has a conglomerate of their offers at this time. Also 3 Racing has nice alloy and graphite parts. What kinda of parts did you come across?
Old 03-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Regional Moderator

If your asking about what hop ups are availible...

Ummm.....EVERYTHING!

I saw one ad that had the car outfitted top to bottom in aluminum everything! If you can think of it, someone probably sells it. Problem finding all the stuff.

3Racing
Kawahara
HPI
and others...

All make graphite shock towers...new chassis...light weight components...and of course the over the top aluminum arms and stuff like that come from some companies as well.

What particularly are you looking to get for your car?
Old 03-24-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I have what i'm talking about it hasn't been released yet i'm tring to find it in HK it seems like everything comes out there first it is an hpi product if i find it in HK from rcmodel or any other one i'll say it i don't wan't to get any one in trouble

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.