Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comparision of MBX5T Prospec and ST-RR

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

The MBX5T is a tank. This is the truck that everyone goes back to. I think the only thing you could ever upgrade to is big bores, everything else you can buy later.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drew840
The MBX5T is a tank. This is the truck that everyone goes back to. I think the only thing you could ever upgrade to is big bores, everything else you can buy later.
Like these big boobs! There's more upgrades you can do, like lightweight pivot balls and maybe a BCE chassis, maybe a Kinghead center dif brace with bearings instead of plastic bushings.
Attached Thumbnails Comparision of MBX5T Prospec and ST-RR-img_0750.jpg   Comparision of MBX5T Prospec and ST-RR-img_0751.jpg  
Old 05-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
any time frame? for the new mbx5tr?

I would wait 2 months for it but no longer.
i wouldnt worry about much of anything, i currently race with the MBX5T, once i got the kit the Losi 8ight T came out, then the new Xray, then the new Kyosho, then the new Jammin and now another new truggy..you can never keep up with the new fads, just pick something up and be happy and drive...when i can wheel with the best of them, then maybe i might look a little harder.

If you buy the Kyosho, you will be very happy for a long time, i have no doubt in my mind that truggy will hold its own for at least a year no matter what comes out.

dont forget man, there are people that can and will smoke anybody no matter what they are driving, buy a good dependable kit and learn it and drive it, im still doing this after a year and im in no rush to buy anything. It works and i continue to have fun! this is all petty crap to be worrying about, most of us need to be worrying about bigger things than just the new bling...i realized i need to concentrate on my driving first and foremost before worrying about buying a new kit.

Buy whatever is out now and have fun. JMHO
Old 05-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well now im seeing the OCm Kaos Truggy and likign that too...

Im gonna give it another month of wait and then make my decision
Old 05-08-2008, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mugen has parts for the MBX5, MBX5 ProSpec, MBX5R and MBX5T and WILL for years, so don't waorry about parts. They have just sold out of kits as the demand for this car has been far more than Mugen USA has expected. The distributors sucked up all the kits so there are some still out there.

As for a new car, you won't see the next car until after the Worlds at the Farm2 later this year. As of right now, the truggy will not be released at the same time so I wouldn't count on a MBX6T until 2009. What yuo may see though is the current MBX5T but with some of the 5R upgrades and possibly bigger shocks if the new MBX6 buggy has larger big bores. No one really has any info and Mugen Japan is the one that calls the shots.

Personally, I'll be running my MBX5T as is until the new car comes out. Then I'll buy two MBX6 kits, part out half of it, save some parts for spares and slap the extra set of larger bore shocks on my MBX5T