Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
What is wrong with our posts?
I am sorry, you misunderstood. What I meant was everything was wrong on my SX8 that you guys told me to check compared to how you said it should set. I have to change my settings to what you guys posted.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

haha ok no worries
Old 09-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

VNMSGT

Keep working at your setup and you'll get it to stick like glue. I basically had the same experience you did when I first got the buggy on the track but, I've been working with it and it's getting allot better. I think one of the big factors as you mentioned is the massive ammount of steering the SX8 has. I simply wasn't used to a buggy that would steer that well. But I've been working with my setup and, I'm getting faster lap times everytime I go out. Here's the setup I used on a very rough and rutted track last weekend.

Questions:
1. What will droop adjustments do for traction in the rear?
2. What is the easiest way to measure droop? (without expensive setup tools)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
riverfront rc.pdf (206.3 KB, 141 views)
Old 09-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Droop changes alot of things at the same time..... it quickens the reaction of the car and keeps it flatter in high speed stuff mainly. on a slow rough track droop wont change much. There's a balance front-rear that you'll have to experiment with, to feel. on smooth tracks I'll limit droop a bunch to sharpen the handling up ........

remember everytime you limit the droop it wont land large jumps as well..... so if you have big big jumps you'll have to nail the landings with limited droop

I measure droop with all the tires off and the chassis sitting on a couple wheels. Use the back side of a set of calipers on the wheel hexes and measure to the table. It doesnt matter where you decide to measure off the hub as long as you do it the same way everytime.

Sometimes I have my pit guy take a 2.0mm wrench with him and limit the droop 1/2 turn at a time on the track front and/or rear untill it feels right for the conditions. If the track really gets rough I'll add droop to help soak the bumps up and make the car easier to drive. Its something you'll have to experiment with, preferably by running a tank or two straight while adjusting it..... that way you can find the best setting quickly
Old 09-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks Tony ~ Great Info!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default thinking about switchin

i currently drive losi thinking about switching do to sponsorship can get me one of these for free has anyone made this change and what are all the need to knows on this buggy dont wanna spend half season tuning buggy in
Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Whats your name?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mixedguy
i currently drive losi thinking about switching do to sponsorship can get me one of these for free has anyone made this change and what are all the need to knows on this buggy dont wanna spend half season tuning buggy in
Sure wish I had this problem LOL, maybe one day I can say that. But I was driving a Losi and switched to the SX8 and I must honestly say best decision I have made. The SX8 is a great buggy and it is one of the toughest I have seen in a long time and the parts do not wear out like a Losi. Very adjustable to track conditions and you could not ask for a better group of guys (TQ Team) to ask for help or there setups, first class in everyway. Im not on the TQ Team (not yet LOL) so Im not bias, just speaking the truth. Just my honest opinion.
Joe Burch
Old 09-06-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JBURCH
Sure wish I had this problem LOL, maybe one day I can say that. But I was driving a Losi and switched to the SX8 and I must honestly say best decision I have made. The SX8 is a great buggy and it is one of the toughest I have seen in a long time and the parts do not wear out like a Losi. Very adjustable to track conditions and you could not ask for a better group of guys (TQ Team) to ask for help or there setups, first class in everyway. Im not on the TQ Team (not yet LOL) so Im not bias, just speaking the truth. Just my honest opinion.
Joe Burch
+1 i agree the SX8 aka NRB-3 is the best buggy on the market today .It is the strongest,doesnt wear like other buggies and has the most steering of anything i have ever come across.

Yes i am the distributor of the buggy in Australia and New zealand but im also an engineer and i know geometry and quality when i see it .

You Americans couldnt of asked for better people to look after you like TQ ,Tony Newland and Billy Easton the buggy is dialed and there is more to come from Nanda racing and the TQ boys SX8.

Good luck guys and take it from me you have made the right choice of the SX8 you guys are on a winner and things are only going to get better as we are all here for the long term .

Take care guys and i wish you and your families safety,health and success.

with maximum respect Angelo
Old 09-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Just wanted to let you guys know I have my new site up and running. www.holeshothobbies.com I Will be having TQ SX8 parts available really soon.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mixedguy
email me your info please...... [email protected]
Old 09-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default thanks

hey to the tq manager! i am sponsored by local hobby shop they just said they would give me one of these to try it out for next year. Not on your team unless u want to sign me up i have no problem with that love racing and not that bad either lol. If u ever in st louis mo check out matt kennedy at the local track i am always racing looking to go pro next year. anyways i have a question for u the lhs is going to start caring your tq fuel. how does it compare to byrons gen2?
Old 09-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

So far I changed out the shock settings, rear hub pin setting, front upper arm pin setting and a very good difference from before. Was way more manageable. Only have to change out the shock fluids and Diff fluids, anti squat settings left. Much closer though and not so out of control in the rear already! Will update once the rest is done.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

How does it compare?

what do you want to hear? stats? personal opinion? documented race results?

not sure what your asking.

If your LHS is willing to "give" you a car, go for it..... thats an investment on theyre part that none of them do.... make em proud and net them some results
Old 09-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default tony tq manger

like all the info u have on the fuel everthing u listed is what I am trying to find out. I will do my beast to make my hobbt shop proud of driving tq car and maybe one day after I prove myself your team will pick me up hoping to do pro seris next year if I feel my driving is there did one this year but had problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.