TQ Racing SX8

Old 06-05-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've run the new carbon towers for months and never had a problem,they are very strong and look awesome on the car..
Old 06-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks! That sounds good. Thenk I will test the carbon tower.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Just be extra careful on large outdoor tracks with large supercross jumps. I broke my front and rear CF towers after just a couple of races, The aluminum ones, although heavier, have lasted me for about a year, on the same style tracks, and with weekly racing.

The best shock towers I've ever owned were 4mm CF towers for my MP5 many years ago. The next time I try the current SX8 CF towers, I will likely epoxy two of each together, to get a full 4mm of thickness. Of course longer screws will be required.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for reply.

Our company wants to import nanda racing products for Germany. We do not have tracks with big jumps, but at races it is important that the car is durable. So I do not know if we should import the lightweight one with CF towers of with aluminium towers.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope, you understand me

BG Johannes
Old 06-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

In my previous post, I may have mistakenly given the impression that the cf towers are not 4mm. I looked at them again yesterday, and they are 4mm.

The goal of the cf is to obviously reduce weight, but as with anything else, it's give and take. If my local tracks didn't have an abundance of 30-50ft sky jumps, with the potential for other cars to land ontop of my car, I would continue running the cf towers.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyJ
If my local tracks didn't have an abundance of 30-50ft sky jumps, with the potential for other cars to land ontop of my car, I would continue running the cf towers.
ahh c'mon now, nobody around here would ever jump on top of each other, lol.

At least Overcash doesn't have anything banzai like. Joey's track was by far the best thing we've ran on, A+ track. See ya.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Default Cf Towers

Roy jinxed me for sure I had not had one problem until this weekend,I hit a racer going backwards on the straight after he fliped of the jump.

I have since returned to 7075 towers I have to say I like the weight savings of the carbon but the reliability of the 7075 bending and not breaking is a comfort.

Thanks
Luther
Old 06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Luther you must have hit that guy just right,I always had good luck with the carbon towers,plus you can't beat the looks...I know i would run the the carbon and just keep my fingers crossed...lol..How is the truggy coming?
Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

I agree but cant take a chance on not finishing we are going to design a different tower for the front,We are very close all the parts are bieng finished and packaged.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You didn't forget my order did you? I haven't seen a pp request yet. CHOP<CHOP
Old 06-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnnycash89
Thanks for reply.

Our company wants to import nanda racing products for Germany. We do not have tracks with big jumps, but at races it is important that the car is durable. So I do not know if we should import the lightweight one with CF towers of with aluminium towers.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope, you understand me

BG Johannes
The buggy is very durable and fast but the cf towers are not real cf and thats why they break .Id stick to the aluminum towers.

the truggy is ok but when building the diffs you must shim them tight and run the diffs in if you dont do it that way you will be destroying many diffs .
Old 06-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

TQ Supercross had a great weekend at Round 2 of the RC PRO Series mid south division. First round of qualifying I was sitting 3rd. then round 2 and 3 rounded out diff pinion and clutch came loose. round 4 was not pretty but ended up 10 overall. So started 9th. Car was great in the main other than motor issues. Flamed 3 times and finished 8th. Should have some video and pics up within the next few days.

A BIG thanks to CHILL WILL for hooking me up with a new diff pinion. I would have been out if it weren't for you. Thats how a true team works, thanks again. I just ordered one tonight for you, should have it within a few days and then I will send it to you. To all the TQ guys that were there nice hangin with ya and hope to see you at the next one.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Tq Racing

Guys I cant say how happy we are with our team and the way they are working together,I am sure if you go to tracks all around the country and see one of our guys they will do all they can to help you.

Team guys we are full of stock if you don't have all the 09 parts on your car please call so we can get that done I want all my guys having the best equipment.

Truggy Talk, Guys I now you are ready for the truggy and I cant tell how excited I am to get them to you but on the same accord I want to make sure we give our customers the best product.

Guys Tq is still a very young company and my pass experience has taught me to be me extra careful about how and when release a product to the market.I am sure you will be happy when you grab one of our products of the shelf this I promise.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Shannon - No problem. I know you would have done the same for me. Your buggy was dialed, too bad about the flame outs. Thanks for the set up tips. I wish my motor wasn't giving me fits.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
the truggy is ok but when building the diffs you must shim them tight and run the diffs in if you dont do it that way you will be destroying many diffs .
What will be destroyed exactly? The inside of the diff or the bevel gear + pinion?

Thanks!

BG Johannes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.