Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doc6
yo chill how did the race go.... sorry you couldnt make the WIN...
I only got to practice one tank of fuel. First round I done ok. I was 8th in the A with a few mistakes and a bad running motor. Second round, changed tires, good running motor but drove bad got pushed back to 9th. After they decided to do bump ups, I was TQ in the B. I got a horrible start. I got KOed from the rear on the first jump and I sat there until every buggy went by. I could not catch up. I finished 5th. It was fun and I got to see Guys and Ladies I have not seen in years. I'm still learning the buggy so hopefully next time It will go better.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Wassup!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Don Tilley Race

What a great weekend awesome win for TQ racing Roy J got 4th started 11th. He raced some really fast guys that are locals.
Liam started 12th finished 5th. Liam ran Pro buggy placed 4th in the B main what a race that was for 2 bump up spots between Liam and 2 other. 30 Seconds before the end of the race Liam in 3rd. 1st and 2nd crash Liam about to pass for the win hits trun marshell. Trun marshell truns over 1st and 2nd and liam stays behide. One of the beat races of the day. Liam got 3rd Pro buggy B main all cars same lap 1 second apart from each other,what a race. Since Liam didn't bump up to pro buggy A main I gave him my race in sportsman. Sportsman race after 10 mins Liam starting in the 12th spot was in 1st till he ran out of gas my bad timeing got his car fueled up and started.
Once I got him back in the race he was in 6th. He ran out af gas again he finished the race in 5th this kid was on fire. Fuel mileage changed track was really dusty. He could have taken the win if he didn't run out of gas twice.
Attached Thumbnails TQ Racing SX8-dsc00049.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc00050.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc00056.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc00058.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc00059.jpg  

Last edited by Disel760; 04-27-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Don Tilley Race

Roy J good job
Attached Thumbnails TQ Racing SX8-dsc00055.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc00056.jpg  
Old 04-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Good job!

I had such bad luck Sat I decided to race all electric Sun. My luck was no better? Speed control problems in my 1/10th stadium and my Brushless Mt. I got both fixed by the main and bumped up from the B to win one and second in the other. Servo problem in Mt or I would have won.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

I woulda won but........

Get em next time Chill.....

Last edited by brian kadow; 04-27-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Default Wire Grass

Okay guys it looks like we have a very good sized team that is going to the race so if you are going to need something let me know.

Bobby from Jab Graphix will be there with some of the new stickers and banners,guys if you need anything before the race please let me now so I can make sure you have what you need.

Team looks like this so far Brian,Chill,Doc,Bobby,Brent, if I missed you I am sorry I will add you to list.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by brian kadow
I woulda won but........

Get em next time Cill.....
No ing here. He's rubbing it in because he knows I will be back.

And the name is Chill, not Cill..... Brain..
Old 04-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Luther, I won't be at the wiregrass. I want to be but I can't. I know it's going to be off the hook. I hope to catch you soon at another race.

I need some stickers and would love to have a banner.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Luther.. I will be at the Wiregrass. I placed my order last night did you receive it??

ALL TQ Drivers, please find me and we will all pit together. For those who don't know me I will be in the Black Avalanche and a black 20ft trailer. We are getting down around 7 on Thursday so we should be able to get a good spot. Please pm me if you need some extra space. i will have a tent and carpet out so we should be good to go!!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Disel760
What a great weekend awesome win for TQ racing Roy J got 4th started 11th. He raced some really fast guys that are locals.
Liam started 12th finished 5th. Liam ran Pro buggy placed 4th in the B main what a race that was for 2 bump up spots between Liam and 2 other. 30 Seconds before the end of the race Liam in 3rd. 1st and 2nd crash Liam about to pass for the win hits trun marshell. Trun marshell truns over 1st and 2nd and liam stays behide. One of the beat races of the day. Liam got 3rd Pro buggy B main all cars same lap 1 second apart from each other,what a race. Since Liam didn't bump up to pro buggy A main I gave him my race in sportsman. Sportsman race after 10 mins Liam starting in the 12th spot was in 1st till he ran out of gas my bad timeing got his car fueled up and started.
Once I got him back in the race he was in 6th. He ran out af gas again he finished the race in 5th this kid was on fire. Fuel mileage changed track was really dusty. He could have taken the win if he didn't run out of gas twice.
Good job...hope to see Liam at one of the big events...tell him keep up the Good work.....Team Tq
Old 04-28-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samos234
Luther.. I will be at the Wiregrass. I placed my order last night did you receive it??

ALL TQ Drivers, please find me and we will all pit together. For those who don't know me I will be in the Black Avalanche and a black 20ft trailer. We are getting down around 7 on Thursday so we should be able to get a good spot. Please pm me if you need some extra space. i will have a tent and carpet out so we should be good to go!!

Ah Shannon Save us a Spot, Me and Richard and Brain...Kidding Brian K We Have a 6/12 trailer...i think dont hold me to that....so we can all pit together, should be a great race...
Good Job Chill on the race... i need some speed jucie for my Sx8 anybody got some.... i think its called Crunk Juice...
Old 04-28-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks Doc6

Originally Posted by doc6
Good job...hope to see Liam at one of the big events...tell him keep up the Good work.....Team Tq
Liam will be going hopefully to bigger races before he gose away for the summer. He'll only run in the Pro class after this weekends show, where are you guys at? Might be going up to King in NC to hang out with Roy J in a few weeks.

Roy J and Liam put on a good show here in Charlotte this weekend for TQ racing and the SX-8. People here are starting to notice the SX-8 and take the car serious. Poeple were comeing up to me all weekend
asking about the SX-8 and how old Liam was. I told them all about the SX-8 and where they can buy one
RC Procenter. Liam has been running the car since Feb.2008 till now one of the best cars on the market.
People were wondering what kind of buggy was out turning all those MBX-6's and Losi's no shows on MP9's I think I had one of the only Kyosho's there.It's really funning how people kept asking what kind of cars are those LOL.

Last edited by Disel760; 04-28-2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Man wish I could go to this WIN race, but we have our first pro series leg up here. Jarred Tebo and Taylor James will be there. This past weekend my car was great! I couldn't ask for it to be better.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey Chill....hope some of the out of town guys can make this

__________________________________________________ _____
2009 Manf. Shootout(battle of the brands) @ Nitro Fever Raceway in
Wilsonville, Alabama...

*Practice July 10th from 8am-8am

*Racing one day only on July 11th, starting at 10am.

* Race will be on www.rcsignup.com w/ all contact info. If you have
any questions email me at [email protected]

*Entry fee is $20 for Buggy and Truggy class with all entries going
to charity. We will have the "Shootout Buggy class" and the "Shootout
Truggy class".

*We will also have a Slash class. Entry will be $5 with all entries
going to charity as well.

*Plaques for top 10 in each class!

*We will also have a special Manf./Team Plaque that is very large for
the overall team that wins the shootout.

*We will do a "Nascar" type qualifying. This means each racer in the
buggy and truggy class will get 3 laps on the track for a solo run. We
will use the fastest lap from your 3 lap run to seat you in the mains.
This will allow drivers to watch other drivers lines, etc while also
allowing each driver to showcase his company and talent.

*We will also do a points system for finishing order so everyone is
involved! How this will work is points will be awarded for the tq of
the class, points will be awarded for the Manf. who has the most cars
in the main, and points will also be awarded from the 1st position
down to the last place position. This is how everyone is involved and
although we will award overall winners and plaques for top 10, we will
also award a 2009 Manf. Title to the brand with the most points. So
help your Team get the most points!

*This is a hot time of the year so the track will supply the corner
marshals for the day and free water and gatorade! So come on out and
focus on racing and wrenching!

We are also talking to the Companies to get kits and prizes donated!

This race is something different and to have fun. Come on out and
enjoy this fast and flowing track. It's got a little bit of everything
and allos for some great racing!

I hope to see some Hotbodies, Losi, Mugen, AE, Kyosho, Xray, OCM,
JAmmin, Ofna, you name it...

Support your brand!

see ya soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.