Wiki Posts
Search

Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich
I saw a pic of the Canadians using the new cars w/body. For some reason it is the old low nose type??? The pic on the box I've seen shows the same outline. Not to worry though, MLP already has a high-nose body that will fit.

Hey Dover, The joke around here is that Tamiya has a meeting every Thursday to decide what they are going to discontinue that week. It's strange that they do that when people are still racing "and winning" with the F201. But it was not a total failure for the F103, parts have always been avalable for that car since they have been using the frame for other projects. I guess when they sell all the Mini's those racers will have to buy the next great idea.
Yes, we are offroad and TC here as well. But we are gaining in numbers and taking some offroad guys with us!
Let me go ahead and put this in.

Richard Hall
Director
F1 AllStar Tour
F1 Builders Cup
Going into our 5th year of F1 racing
Now talking about hitting the nail on the head....
Old 06-28-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Dover, visit www.tamiya.ca they have the pictures and details of the F103 RM. Regaridig why they discountinued, I heard 2 stories that I believe both are true, 1- the poppularity of GT1 and GT2 in the TCS series toolk drivers away. 2- Licensing cost of the F1 teams was getting very high.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Now talking about hitting the nail on the head....

Dang! I've been at this so long I actually got something right! I've heard the story before about the F1 licensing deal. I guess now that is why they went the old low nose route. That's fine with me, I just want to race.
So how many of you guys are coming to the 2nd annual F1 Builders cup? There are more teams racing this year and all of them want to take Hyperdrive off the top podium spot. (won't be easy) Place your bets now. If you are already an invitation driver then go get'em. For all of us mortals there are three other classes anyone can enter. Should be a lot of fun.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I bought an F103 about a month and a half ago from RC Champ. We're trying to get an open-wheel class together here so hopefully once it's really available stateside some more people will step up (there are 3 of us right now).

Here are some pics:

Old 06-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

It's a raised-nose body as well. I'll snap some pics of it with the body on and post them.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

It "IS" a high nose!!! Stupid lying box. Well that makes it a little better. Get those pics ready. That's the same front as wing on my "PIAA pet" version.Not current but plenty close enough. Most every track I have been to has a 3 car minimun to make a class. If you get out there and start making laps people will notice. They will really notice when you tell them it's half the price of TC cars. And for the most part they last forever. I still have my old F102 from when they came out. Only one kingpin has been changed on it. I just told you the 29 year repair history of this car.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

now waiting for some nice bodies to post

post mine coming week Beneton Ford b190 and Mclaren MP4 almost done
Old 06-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

So here are some quick snaps of the body. I haven't painted the driver figure yet as I barely finished the car in time to make its first race. The head is swapped in from my Tamiya Frog . The kit came with a slightly smaller head with a visored helmet. Both the front and rear wings in these photos aren't the originals. I broke the rear already and this front looked like it would offer a bit more downforce -- I've been having trouble with huge understeer. I also had to relocate the front body post rearward to accommodate the new nose. Sorry no ultra-fancy paint job -- this is a race car and Camel Yellow is my favorite color lately.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Body of my prototype F1 is finished now:
Attached Thumbnails Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??-user1011_pic173_1213272074.jpg   Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??-user1011_pic174_1213272074.jpg  
Old 06-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if you can get rubber tyres for the corally F1?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OscarF1
Body of my prototype F1 is finished now:
Osacr that is very sexy. Please ship mine to me ASAP.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

RURC, you got a pm.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by miku
Does anyone know if you can get rubber tyres for the corally F1?
MLP just finished his first adapters to run the F201 wheels and tires for the new Corally and other pancars. He said the prototypes worked perfect (a 3 piece hub) and the one piece will be available soon. I hope they are ready when the F1 cup race starts.
The NASCAR rubbers will fit but do not work that well on most surfaces. The red compund does ok when the asphalt is very hot.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mxrich
MLP just finished his first adapters to run the F201 wheels and tires for the new Corally and other pancars. He said the prototypes worked perfect (a 3 piece hub) and the one piece will be available soon.
I used the Tamiya F103GT parts for the front and rear wheelhubs.
But the front has realy small ballbearings, 5x8 x2.5mm they get broken easily.

What size bearings does LMP use ?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

The new corally I understand has the Associated style carriers now. Possibly to make it more generic. That's a good question though since there are two sizes for that. Time for me to do more research, or just call Marty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.