Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Maybe we can get Scotty at trackside to run an F-1 Race?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now that I would love to see a 1/10 Scale open class or race at Trackside!

Wish I still lived up there - there was nothing better
than getting off of work and going to the track! Plus Scotty is a Great Guy!

Well Here are the pics of the MLP Viper Venom -
more will come later but need to start packing
things up for the big move this week.

I did run this out front of the house today and it was so hooked up it was sick!
I think we hit it on the head with this design but we will see for
I will be going out to some local tracks around Nov 1st this year!!
hope everyone likes it when they see it and drive it.
Oh soldering Iron took a crap on me it is in peices now on the floor
so never mind about the battery hook ups ok

Cantilever suspension will be an option! yes with shocks!

There is extra Chassis weight on the underside of the two left battery slots to even out the weight from left to right
Better pics will be replaced once the move is done and over.

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 09-20-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

here are the other pictures in Marty's post. For some reason they didnt show up....

LOOKS GREAT!
Attached Thumbnails Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??-picture1-061.jpg   Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??-picture1-058.jpg   Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??-picture1-057.jpg   Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??-picture1-048.jpg  
Old 09-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Marty the car looks great. Keep up with the awesome work
Old 09-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now, before you ask no we did not win. It is a team race and as I entered the track for the main for some strange reason my radio would not turn on at all so there went the team points and any chance of victory. We found out later it had blown an internal fuse. The other driver though took off like a land missle and had just taken the lead to prove the cars worth. One lap later he was swiped by one of the Cross cars (not intentional) and put into the wall. After digging him out he took off again and drove like he was possesed. Until a Tamiya T-boned him in a tight turn. Even with handling problems after he was hit he still threw down some fast laps to the end. A very good showing for a new car. Check it out... the heck with that, buy one! The new V103 is a racing car and then some. I really think it would turn inside a slotcar

The results

1st Team Alpha

2nd Team Cross

3rd Team Tamiya

4th Team MLP

5th 6th and 7th was kind of strange. The hyperdrive team ( defending champions) could not attend since the team Captain has been undergoing treatment for a back injury.

Team CRC was headed for the track when they had a breakdown and had to be towed back home. These guys were very serious about racing for the cup.

Team Associated had to bow out because one of the drivers, a good friend of ours. Had surgery on his wrist and had not healed enough to even hold his radio yet. All of them called to apoligize for missing the race but we understand . I have no doubt they will be at the 2009 event. These guys are F1 fans all the way.

Congradulations to Team Alpha! They drove a very smooth and calculated race and it paid off for them as the 2008 F1 Builders Cup Champions with Andy Wallace- team Captain, Skip Starkey-driver, Serdar Atymiz- driver. Good job

Marty! If the Viper and the Venom are truly better than the V103 then think of what doc said..."when you set them on the track there will probably be a bunch of piddle spots on the drivers stand when they see it".
Old 09-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im bringing Kitty litter just in case. Hey George have you seen the battery box cover to that radio? I got it back together and it appears to work, except for that. Oreileys, Auto Zone and Advance did not have that fuse. Radio Shack had it but I had to dig through the drawers to find the right one.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxrich
Marty! If the Viper and the Venom are truly better than the V103 then think of what doc said..."when you set them on the track there will probably be a bunch of piddle spots on the drivers stand when they see it".
Yes Congradulations to Team Alpha!

Well that is our entry Level car you have there (V103) and it has the same setup as the Viper F1 but there is more room on the viper just in back of the battery slots for the speed controller and receiver and extra weight if needed.

I tested the V103 before sending it to you, The Viper with the same gearing and setup as the V103 and the Viper had more rear traction.

The Spring plate for the Viper is not the same and gives the Viper a little more traction.

The Venom is the next step up when tested it worked better than both.
I can punch the throttle and it takes off straight down the street and with no spin outs and no traction additive at all on the ground or tires - so we will see when I make it down there at the end of the year(your racing seires)
So like they say I guess we will see what we see now wont we!

Just wish I could have made it to the race with the viper and the Venom!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Ditto! We'll get em next time. Doc, I put it back on the radio before you opened it. It may have gotten in with mine since they are the same. Yours has a grey tint to it and mine are black. I'll look in the box.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

I think I left it on your tailgate. Hopefully you just grabbed everything and packed it all up. Keep an eye out for it. If I have to I will buy a dead EX=5 on E bay and use it to patch it up.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Don't buy one yet! If it was on the tailgate then I probably threw it in the bag with the other loose stuff. I'll call tomorrow and let you know.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich

The results

1st Team Alpha

2nd Team Cross

3rd Team Tamiya

4th Team MLP

5th 6th and 7th was kind of strange. The hyperdrive team ( defending champions) could not attend since the team Captain has been undergoing treatment for a back injury.

Team CRC was headed for the track when they had a breakdown and had to be towed back home. These guys were very serious about racing for the cup.

Team Associated had to bow out because one of the drivers, a good friend of ours. Had surgery on his wrist and had not healed enough to even hold his radio yet. All of them called to apoligize for missing the race but we understand . I have no doubt they will be at the 2009 event. These guys are F1 fans all the way.

Congradulations to Team Alpha! They drove a very smooth and calculated race and it paid off for them as the 2008 F1 Builders Cup Champions with Andy Wallace- team Captain, Skip Starkey-driver, Serdar Atymiz- driver. Good job

Any pictures of the cars/race?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
Any pictures of the cars/race?
This is the MLP that Chad drove.

At least I think its the same car. The pics are stolen from Kspec's post.

No word on pics from the Alpha Team. Yet.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Did anyone get or take pictures from the race or the cars on the track ?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry to interrupt you guys, but I was wondering where you can get those ferrari decals.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi. Will those foam tires fit a regular 103RM? Its got the same front end, I noticed. What about the rears?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.