Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congrats on making the A main at the shootout, that is a great accomplishment.

I recommend an 81-21 combo with the blue MurfDogg Stock motors in a AE B4.

We are currently testing 17.5 brushless motors..... and thats all I will say about that for now....

Look for them at the Nationals.

I recommend also that when comparing dyno sheets, you use the numbers in this order to determine which one is "better".
1-Watts = "Electric Horsepower", always the most important.
2-Torque = Acceleration, more the better
3-Efficiency = as stated, how efficiently the motor makes power.
4-RPM = ONLY USEFUL WHEN: comparing motors with identical Watt,Torque, and Efficiency numbers. RPM does not equal speed. Without the torque to pull the gear, you will never use those RPM's.

As far as selecting a MurfDogg motor amongst others in the Hobby Store Motor case. Have no doubt that your Motor will be fast. All motors must exceed certain output ratings on our Dyno before ever recieving a MurfDogg Label. Team that with our unbeatable product support, and you are guaranteed a fast motor.

Matt Murphy
The MurfDogg
Old 07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Id like to thank the entire MurfDogg Family of racers for their support at the Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout.

Congrats to:

Bobby Stafford, for TQ and winning Rookie Stock
Jeff Nicol, For TQ and winning Stock Buggy
Nick Lasley, For TQ in 19 Turn Buggy and Stock Truck, and winning 19Turn Truck.

Also congratulations to these FORMER team drivers for taking the jump to the next level! MurfDogg Motor Works helped these drivers land CONTRACTS with these major companies!

Jeff Nicol, Team Associated, LRP, Reedy
Jayson Pang, Kyosho, Orion
Steve Butts, Kyosho, Orion
Brian McDuffie, Orion

I cherish the fun times we had, and all the races we won together. You guys will always be a part of the MurfDogg Family, no matter what motors are in your cars....

Fun Fact: 8 of 10 ROOKIE Stock A-Main Drivers at the Shootout "CHOSE" MurfDogg Motors to power their cars. You had a choice, and you chose us. THANK YOU!

Matt Murphy
The MurfDogg
Old 07-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Questions answered in person, thanks!

Last edited by kdeselms; 07-21-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
Id like to thank the entire MurfDogg Family of racers for their support at the Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout.

Congrats to:

Bobby Stafford, for TQ and winning Rookie Stock
Jeff Nicol, For TQ and winning Stock Buggy
Nick Lasley, For TQ in 19 Turn Buggy and Stock Truck, and winning 19Turn Truck.

Also congratulations to these FORMER team drivers for taking the jump to the next level! MurfDogg Motor Works helped these drivers land CONTRACTS with these major companies!

Jeff Nicol, Team Associated, LRP, Reedy
Jayson Pang, Kyosho, Orion
Steve Butts, Kyosho, Orion
Brian McDuffie, Orion

Matt Murphy
The MurfDogg
matt are the guys listed not able to run murffdog motors now,i didnt know jeff and them got picked up,they all deserv it just didnt know..??
lasley still not picked up(other than chassis)?? wow he has tobe one of the most over looked drivers i know..
Old 07-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey matt thanks for all the kind words. couldnt have done it without you. thanks for all the great support and super fast motors!!!!....BWC for life baby!!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
matt are the guys listed not able to run murffdog motors now,i didnt know jeff and them got picked up,they all deserv it just didnt know..??
lasley still not picked up(other than chassis)?? wow he has tobe one of the most over looked drivers i know..
you're telling me about lasley...but hell he got a great motor company backing him
Old 07-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Like Brian said, thanks for the kind words Matt. We really appreciated all the help that you have given us in the past. We couldnt have done it with out you. You are family for for sure! BWC FOR LIFE!!!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for all the valuable info and explanation on the brushed motor labels and gearing information. Now I know how to choose one of your brushed motors. I will try and make it to the Nationals and look forward to the 17.5. Do you have any gearing information for your 17.5 for an AE B4? Thank you!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

just wanted to say i love the website j/k

whats the price on a stock motor for offroad i want to try one for the next jbrl race
Old 07-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

TTT!!!!!!!

Leave it to me to chime in late. Thank you Matt for all your help and continued support of us with at least your knowledge. I can tell all of you that it was a VERY hard decision to go with another company. Matt has become more then just a sponsor. No doubt that we will be having a blast at many races to come. Just because we don't run for him anymore, we will still help anyone out to the best of our knowledge. His products and support and second to none.

B.W.C. fer life..........
Old 08-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 17.5 Update

Gearing on the 17.5 motors is really Important, and the range is very narrow for optimum power. Under gear a brushless motor and you lose not only top end speed, but acceleration as well. Do not detune your brushless power by running a smaller pinion. Instead use your throttle endpoint adjustment on your radio!!!

I suggest a temp of 150 to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Any higher and you may be greatly reducing the life of your Rotor. We are not ready at this time to release gearing suggestions for the 17.5 motors. Further testing is needed, and the ROAR Off Road Nationals will be the true test. Our team may opt to run Brushed if the brushless 17.5s dont have the same power, however I believe our ROAR legal 17.5 motors will be quite stout. Brushless I believe will be preferable on high bite, smaller tracks.

Thanks for your continued support,

The MurfDogg
Old 08-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

How do we order a Murfdogg Brushless motor?
idbdoug
Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default It is Official!

After extensive testing by the MurfDogg racing team over the last month, I am very proud to announce that our Brand new 17.5 motor has twice been crowned ROAR National Champion!

MurfDogg Motor Works new 17.5 Brushless Racing motor was debuted this weekend at the ROAR Offroad Electric Nationals. The MurfDogg Team was awesome all weekend long putting their 17.5 powered cars 2nd and 3rd on the grid for stock buggy, and 1st and second for stock truck.

In Stock Truck action, Andrew Smolnik TQ'ed all 4 rounds of qualifying, while teammate Brent Calvert was on his heels finishing a very close second in all 4 rounds. Smolnik won A1 and A2 to clinch the National Championship, but teammate Calvert certainly made him earn it. No other motor was able to keep within half a lap of the MurfDogg team, allowing the teammates to battle it out all by themselves. Calvert handily won A3 and claimed the runner up position.

In Stock Buggy action, Eric Elliott qualified 2nd and Andrew Smolnik was 3rd on the grid. Elliott had the lead for most of A1 until a blown RF shock caused his B4 to push badly in the sweeper, letting Smolnik grab the lead and never look back winning A1. TQ and Team Losi Team driver Clint Wachter won A2 with Smolnik finishing second. Heading into A3, Smolnik needed a win. TQ Wachter got a great start as Smolnik got tangled in a first corner pileup putting him in fifth place over 6 seconds behind Wachter. It only took Smolnik one lap to work up to second spot, but he was now 7 seconds back. over the next 14 laps Smolnik found some great lines around the track, gaining 1/2 a second a lap, and even ran the Stuck Buggy hero lap of the weekend. (an 18.2!!!, faster than many A-Main Super Stock Buggy lap times) On the last lap, he got to the rear of Wachters car and was able to capitalize on a second to last lap bobble to take A3 and the National Championship!

No Motor ran like the MurfDogg 17.5 motor.

Smolnik also finished second in Super Stock Buggy while MurfDogg Team Driver Nick Lasley finished Second in Super Stock Truck with MurfDogg 10.5s.
Brent Calvert TQed and won the J82 demo class with his MurfDogg 10.5.

Thank you to the entire MurfDogg Family. Long weekend. Great results.

The MurfDogg
Old 08-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I want to thank Matt for helping me out at the Nationals this weekend in Stock buggy. His 17.5s are FASSSST! I can't believe the difference. First time he told me to try to clear the triple I was like, "yeah right, okay I'll try just for kicks..." To my amazement, that thing cleared it like it wasn't even there! I was shocked and had the biggest smile on my face.

The motor helped me to run my fastest time all weekend and fast enough to place me 2nd in the A for qualifying. Unfortunately, the bad luck bug bit me in the first A-main when my right front shock blew with me in the lead and caused me to push way off the line and let a few people through. I was definitely disappointed in my wrenching abilities since that was the first time I've ever blown a shock... Couldn't quite hold it together in the next 2 mains, but managed a decent finish of 4th.

Thanks again to the Murfdogg crew for everything. Congrats to Andy for his 2 national titles!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Wow, I wish I ran another class at the 08 Nats and tried out the 13.5 BL motor. There's always the Shootout in July. What was the spur and pinion gearing? Was there any modification needed to fit a new spur or pinion? Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.