Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Nitro TC3 ... toughest car I've ever seen! >

Nitro TC3 ... toughest car I've ever seen!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro TC3 ... toughest car I've ever seen!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2003, 11:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Originally posted by Number 11
None of you guys know what the heck your talking about. I have been racing this car for a year and a half and I only pushed in my rear turnbuckle after bumping a curb. Not once in this time did I break a part. Man oh man stay off the boards.
try running it faster than 1/2 throttle!

Old 07-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

ahah well the rtr looks like a POS so he was lucky it didnt brake as much i felt srry for my friend
Old 07-28-2003, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Man oh man stay off the boards.
I run a a very competative pace at the three tracks I frequent and I am a pretty OK driver. I only wreck rarely but when I do it tends to be huge. Saying stay off the boards really is not an answer in gas racing. If you don't crash in a 20 minute final at least once you are one of the few.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ice FN Man
try running it faster than 1/2 throttle!

I run mine at more then Half throttle.....And I'm currently 4th in the point series in teh Edison RC car club ROAR region series...and thats missing one of the races...I finshed 4th A main in one,2nd a main in the other...

Theres enough yellow board paint on my wheel nuts to coat them....and I've hit the rear so hard,it's cracked the wings ff the car(PROTOFORM)....

I've yet to break any knuckles...or anything else for that matter..

Why didn't I finish higher?...

The RB flamed out..in one race..(I put an OS in my second time)...

The fuel line popped off in my second...(NOW modified for this weeks race).....

In case you say I'v only run 2 races..they were both 30 minute mains...I go on Sats also(2 day event) and have run AT LEAST a gallon through the car in practice.....

the track is 200 by 225......

BTW,MY fellow racers are all runnng mugens and 705's....(couuple reflexs)....

I usually beat them,not becuase I'm faster,but because the TC3 STAYS TOGETHER!!!!!....

Also,so you know,at our tues nite parking lot racing?......I have broken 2 tanks in 2 years......

and the one last week,I got T boned so hard,It dented a Dual chamber pipe.....

After last weeks race,People were coming up to me,saying that I looked like I was out for a sunday drive...the car just FLOWS around the track.....

thats good enough for me......I'll take practice and the fastest car out there ANYTIME!!!!!!!

http://www.edisonmodelr-ccarclub.com/series.htm

GO read halfway down this page.....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...pagenumber=222

Even the BEST car out therebreaks if you can't stay off tyeh boards...

BTW,My tanks broke becuase the MORON driving the other car was a BUTTHEAD who can't drive.....OR slow down.......

for the ex tc3 drivers...for every one of you,ther are a hundred still winning with this car..

Last edited by fastharry™; 07-28-2003 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The NTC3 isn't any more fragile than any of the other cars out there. I have a Yok GT-4 and it's been a very reliable car but it also breaks as does VR 1s, Mugens and Serpents.

As the car ages the parts will start wearing out where they will break, this is true of any car be it 1/10 scale or full sized. You need to replace certain stressed parts on any chassis as a regular maintenance item. I'm really surprised that so many people think that all these little plastic, graphite, Ti and aluminum parts will last forever considering the type of abuse they're subjected to.

I've been racing my NTC3 all season and wore out several sets of foams but only broke three things; bumper, two hub carriers (same corner) and one rear ball cup. Now when cleaning the car I've replaced many parts as I notice them wearing out but not due to breakage, this way I have fresh parts and the old ones still serve as spares.

Accidents can still happen causing damage but routine maintenance will help insure getting to the winner's circle. One time I was at the end of the straight starting into the sweeper when another racer rams into my car at WOT sending it cascading off the track into the weeds where it bounced several times and rolled to a rest. The marshal put it on the track and I finished second in the qualifier, the clown that punted me never finished because he kept hitting boards but he sure had the fastest engine on the track.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

None of you guys know what the heck your talking about.
Anywaaaays...
Old 07-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have never owned a ntc3 but you guys that own them and don't brake parts are very much the minority.All cars brak,yesterday I broke a rear arm on my mtx 3 and to be honest I feel my impulse(aside from knuckles) was a stronger car.I believe most (not all)owners of ntc3's have so many hopups invested they just don't want to switch cars.Also the fact that the car is very fast.I can honestly say the reason I didn't buy one was because of its bad rep for reliability and many will agree.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

I am so sick of these flame wars about who's car is more durable "who freakin cares". This is almost as pathetic as the arguments we got into as kids about who had the toughest dad. To be honest I drive an NTC3 and it has been pretty durable but I also believe that I would have good luck with a mugen, serpent, yokomo or even an hpi. Lets face it if you put any car in the hands of a decent driver its going to perform well and be pretty durable but if you put that same car in the hands of a bad driver they are going to break stuff.

just my 2 cents
Old 07-28-2003, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree totally, I have raced offroad for 2 yrs. and just bought the NTC3 this yr. I have raced it 6 times with 30 min. mains and have not broken anything, finished all 6 races in A main. I am totally happy with my AE.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

I am not saying that the tc3 is not a decent car, I just disagree that it is the most durable
Old 07-28-2003, 12:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Any car is not durable if you crash it. Don't take this wrong because this is not a slam against anyone. I started racing last year and my first car would not hold up through a race, man I would get mad because everyone else would make it. Then I bought a NTC3 but didn't race it because I had spent so much money on parts with my first car I wanted to finish out the season. Later in the season a guy came out with the exact same car bone stock and smoked everyone. I then realized it wasn't the car it was the driver ME!

I decided to start racing Electric in the Winter since we had an indoor track and got better. So far I have raced my NTC3 bone stock with manuel setup through 15 races our mains are 10 or 15 minutes and my car hasn't broken once. I have made it through every qual and main. Compared to last year this is a good thing because I don't have to spend a lot of money to replace broken parts. I go through the car and replace parts that look worn now.

My point is any car can be fragile it really depends on the driver.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:19 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

people who think that NTC3 is durable, good for them, as long as they are happy with their cars.

people who think that other cars are more durable, good for them too, as long as they are happy with their cars.

As long as everyone is satisfied, the world is good
Old 07-28-2003, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

I totally agree. Basicly you can't go wrong with any of the competition level .12 toring cars as long as you can drive and have good parts support.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Rex racer - That still does not make the nitro tc3 the toughest car ever just that your skill as a driver has improved. When you drive defensively avoid potential wrecks when you race your parts count is going to go down naturally.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

It just sounds like nitrohead5300 just really needs to be validated so he can get on with his life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.