Old 04-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default GRP tires

Any body use these foams on a TC5?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMWX1&P=SM
Old 04-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Rather then starting all these new threads with your TC5 related questions you would probably be better off asking them all here:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...&highlight=tc5
Old 04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks,

I just don't have the time to read 192 pages of posts.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Im not suggesting read all the pages. Im just saying you might get more responses (and clutter things up less) if you ask TC5 specific questions in that thread.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by or8ital
Im not suggesting read all the pages. Im just saying you might get more responses (and clutter things up less) if you ask TC5 specific questions in that thread.
Clutter things up less & R/C Tech don't go well together
Old 04-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wow,

Thanks for not even trying to help!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5basher
Wow,

Thanks for not even trying to help!
Hi TC5,

Some advice that might help you. Keven Hebert(AE Factory Driver), Rick Hohwart (head of LRP and multiple Worlds finalist) and Bob Stelflue(designer of the TC5) choose to use Parma tires for all of their racing and testing. To get the best setup help and make your car handle similar to theirs you might want to give Parma tires a try. Yes I work for Parma and I am trying to get you to use our tires, but there are slight differences in the handling of the car with different types of tires. All of the tires out there are very well made and of good quality but their setup sheets were used with Parma tires. In my opinion it will be easier to get tuning advice and setup help if you started on the same platform as them.

Hope this helps.

Paul
Old 04-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

hi
I used to use grp tires before and they are good but they are more suited to nitro racing and well where I race they are not much good because its an outdoor track. It really depends on the kind of track your racing at but rubber tires are the better then foam because you have to keep adjusting your ride height after runs which leaves you less time to work on other things
Old 04-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by chicky03
Hi TC5,

Some advice that might help you. Keven Hebert(AE Factory Driver), Rick Hohwart (head of LRP and multiple Worlds finalist) and Bob Stelflue(designer of the TC5) choose to use Parma tires for all of their racing and testing. To get the best setup help and make your car handle similar to theirs you might want to give Parma tires a try. Yes I work for Parma and I am trying to get you to use our tires, but there are slight differences in the handling of the car with different types of tires. All of the tires out there are very well made and of good quality but their setup sheets were used with Parma tires. In my opinion it will be easier to get tuning advice and setup help if you started on the same platform as them.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Which model tires? Everyone at my track runs foams 37 shore 26 mm all around. Its a large outdoor track. I am new to all this and If you think Parma is the way to I will try them. Where do i find them? I f i remember right they use rubber tires. The track owner says to only run foams as rubber doesn't work well.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5basher
Which model tires? Everyone at my track runs foams 37 shore 26 mm all around. Its a large outdoor track. I am new to all this and If you think Parma is the way to I will try them. Where do i find them? I f i remember right they use rubber tires. The track owner says to only run foams as rubber doesn't work well.
I though it was for carpet racing so the setups probably wont transfer over in that case.

Anyway, Magenta is 37 shore and 28mm wide. The part number #16501. Your hobby shop should be able to get them from their distributor if not most of the online shops have them in stock.

Paul