Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Not all electro drivers are like your statement , and with comments like that there is no wonder no one helped you , there is a set up on tekins site that uses 0 turbo delay on a 17.5 motor maybe this is a bit differant to yours !!!
What tyres did you run at Heemstede.
My statement about the wires assembly is totally missed by some.
I am surprised that the 13.5t rules ROAR/EFRA/NOMAC are set-up with 2 differend thickness of wires
Old 04-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eded1
What tyres did you run at Heemstede.
My statement about the wires assembly is totally missed by some.
I am surprised that the 13.5t rules ROAR/EFRA/NOMAC are set-up with 2 differend thickness of wires
We had to run the LRP VTEX 30X.
No, your comment on the wires is not missed and I totally agree, but I'm not in the position to change the rules. I hope some people in the ERFA/NOMAC take some actions for the rules next year
Old 04-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Can someone respond to my? This is why I mainly run 10 scale and 8 scale onroad nitro. Every year they are changeing the classes and rules to cater to the cry babbies last time I checked this is still racing if you can't keep up or afford a certain class move down to a slower one or just quit all together electric racers remind me of the whiny low talent female Indy racer see hasn't won anything yet but see gets more attention then the guys who finished on the podium
Hobo, search this forum for all posts by me. I posted a setup for the x12 17.5 rubber TC. I'm still running it and it's very fast. Outdoors last weekend with 80deg F temps and 100+ish track temps motor came off 180-190 w/o fan and 160ish with fan. I've been running alot lately, and not to pat myself on the back, but I only make small changes to adjust for any given track and conditions. Overall, I can't really find a faster setup. With the temps, I can push the settings a little more and maybe drop a tooth or two to put the motor on kill, which renders temps in the 200-215 range which is fine for the x12 (according to Sean Cochran), but the benefit is a tenth or so, ok for a big race or the main, but lately I don't even bother. My motor runs so good, why risk killing it?
Old 04-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Joep
We had to run the LRP VTEX 30X.
No, your comment on the wires is not missed and I totally agree, but I'm not in the position to change the rules. I hope some people in the ERFA/NOMAC take some actions for the rules next year
Thanks Joep.
On this tyres the time set by you and others are impressive.
About the motor wires, if nobody tackled the problem, nobody will take any action.
It is not a stupid rule for the time the rule is made, but with the advanced Speedo's from present day's it is not working in a proper way.
I've never come up with this issue untill I cooked my motor SP13.5 v.3.0
on a temp just above 32 degr.C and a brandnew one after four laps.

Last edited by eded1; 04-08-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Reposting this for Hebiki

To save myself from sending so many PM's, yes I have successfully been running an LRP x12 17.5 in TC on asphalt and carpet rubber tires. Of course, like most you will only use part of it or you'll try to adapt it to your 5.6FDR and come back and say it doesn't work for you...LOL (j/k Dusttt)

LRP x12 17.5
FDR- 6.8 to 7.2 for asphalt, I stayed with 7.2 on carpet
motor- x-10 insert
tekin profile-4
drag brk-10
neutral width-14
boost-45
turbo-9
ramp 2 or 3- with slow turns / heavy low RPM loads 3 will fade
delay- .2 or .3- faster ur entering straight, earlier u can bring it in
start RPM- 5000
end RPM- 13000 - 15000 (alter this to help control heat. lower= faster boost increase / little more heat)

ALWAYS check ur temp at the 2 or 3 minute mark with x12 motors on first run or after any change. They aren't all the same and some get hotter much quicker. Some may like 1 or 2 teeth less, some may like up to 3 or 4 teeth more- u have to find that out on your own, but shoot for around 198F (or less) with no fan after 6 min. I practice/tune with turbo on 8 and ramp 2. Temps are 155-160 outdoors w/no fan. When I'm in that range I know I can turn the turbo up a bump and or increase ramp, run the fan and I'm golden.

Last quick tip- if you're having trouble with the turbo coming in while in the infield and giving you a "shot" that messes u up for the next turn, do like Obama and rob Peter to pay Paul by adding 3 or 4 to your boost and taking away 2 or 3 from your turbo. You can also move the delay up or down one tenth. I would much rather give up 1 car length on the back straight than give up 3 or 4 because I overshoot a certain infield turn every time.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Reposting this for Hebiki

To save myself from sending so many PM's, yes I have successfully been running an LRP x12 17.5 in TC on asphalt and carpet rubber tires. Of course, like most you will only use part of it or you'll try to adapt it to your 5.6FDR and come back and say it doesn't work for you...LOL (j/k Dusttt)

LRP x12 17.5
FDR- 6.8 to 7.2 for asphalt, I stayed with 7.2 on carpet
motor- x-10 insert
tekin profile-4
drag brk-10
neutral width-14
boost-45
turbo-9
ramp 2 or 3- with slow turns / heavy low RPM loads 3 will fade
delay- .2 or .3- faster ur entering straight, earlier u can bring it in
start RPM- 5000
end RPM- 13000 - 15000 (alter this to help control heat. lower= faster boost increase / little more heat)

ALWAYS check ur temp at the 2 or 3 minute mark with x12 motors on first run or after any change. They aren't all the same and some get hotter much quicker. Some may like 1 or 2 teeth less, some may like up to 3 or 4 teeth more- u have to find that out on your own, but shoot for around 198F (or less) with no fan after 6 min. I practice/tune with turbo on 8 and ramp 2. Temps are 155-160 outdoors w/no fan. When I'm in that range I know I can turn the turbo up a bump and or increase ramp, run the fan and I'm golden.

Last quick tip- if you're having trouble with the turbo coming in while in the infield and giving you a "shot" that messes u up for the next turn, do like Obama and rob Peter to pay Paul by adding 3 or 4 to your boost and taking away 2 or 3 from your turbo. You can also move the delay up or down one tenth. I would much rather give up 1 car length on the back straight than give up 3 or 4 because I overshoot a certain infield turn every time.
well gosh darn it.. there goes my advantage. thank you sir!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

electric racers remind me of the whiny low talent female Indy racer see hasn't won anything yet but see gets more attention then the guys who finished on the podium
yeah way to make friends in electric racing, lol, oh and by the way, that "whiny low talent" racer has won an indycar race and placed third at an indy 500 race, which is more than probably yourself or any other racer in this thread has achieved
Old 04-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NOFX
yeah way to make friends in electric racing, lol, oh and by the way, that "whiny low talent" racer has won an indycar race and placed third at an indy 500 race, which is more than probably yourself or any other racer in this thread has achieved
I agree with your first sentence, don’t start about achievements here, otherwise I have to start bragging too
Let’s go back on topic
Old 04-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joep
I agree with your first sentence, don’t start about achievements here, otherwise I have to start bragging too
Let’s go back on topic
Yeah yeah , me too , i always was mummys
special boy
Old 04-09-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys

I need some help with installing the new software vegas 2.0

it installs fine and all but when i dubbel click on the sortcut it goes in but then the new software 203 is not there to be selected only 173 and 180. please help

and that is on a notebook with win7.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLATMAN
Hi guys

I need some help with installing the new software vegas 2.0

it installs fine and all but when i dubbel click on the sortcut it goes in but then the new software 203 is not there to be selected only 173 and 180. please help

and that is on a notebook with win7.
it is not installing properly,some one just had this problem and was posting on tekin forum.watch the video it should help and it is for the vista but should help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTp3tUL9u8Y
Old 04-09-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This hobby is just another fun thing for Me to blow some of my play money on!!!! You comments are funny my comments were not for all electric racers just some of them they no who they are. To much complaining about the speeds of today's esc shut-up and race

Last edited by HoboShop; 04-09-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Can someone respond to my? This is why I mainly run 10 scale and 8 scale onroad nitro. Every year they are changeing the classes and rules to cater to the cry babbies last time I checked this is still racing if you can't keep up or afford a certain class move down to a slower one or just quit all together electric racers remind me of the whiny low talent female Indy racer see hasn't won anything yet but see gets more attention then the guys who finished on the podium

I do both Nitro and Electric. I don't know if this is an answer or not to your question but from experience there are as you state, cry babies in EVERY sport. Nitro has its share of it own. Take for example if you will YOU that's right YOU. This is a total different class other than what you are currently running YET you find the time to complain. EVERYONE so far has ignored your lame comments YET you choose to be a cry baby and pursue the issue.

As long as there is life there will be cry babies get over it!
If Electric wants to run 50 classes sure why not!
F1, NASCAR etc. all change rules EVERY season why shouldn't we...
The reason why Nitro is dwindling is (imo) the lack of change (Eating chicken everyday syndrome). We attract no NEW blood with that attitude.

No ALL proposed rules and classes will be implemented but that's why we have discussion board like these, to post CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms oh in your terms crying.

In Short
KEEP IT REAL
KEEP IT FUN
KEEP IT CONSTRUCTIVE or
KEEP IT MOVING!!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

could someone plz help my im going to race this weeknd and they use silver can motors im having trouble getting the car wired up and working . whats the problem
Old 04-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone x
could someone plz help my im going to race this weeknd and they use silver can motors im having trouble getting the car wired up and working . whats the problem
make sure you change the motor type,page 2 is the wiring diagram
http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/RSManual.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.