Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

WHOLLY BEJUSUS!!!!!!! I had no idea you could get SOO much more performance with these speed controls by setting them up with the computer!!! I had NO horsepower in my F-104 car with a 21.5 brushless setup until we loaded the new software--and max'd the timing and ran a bunch of boost!! MAN--the car went for "SNORE" to BALLISTIC"!! Very cool what these new fangled things can do for ya!!! Now I 'gotta get my own hotwire setup--and more Tekin speed controls. !! WHat an advantage to be able to "Tune" the speed control to your track and power conditions!! Very cool!!
Geeez-- an old dog can learn some new tricks!!!!
Lookout at the next F-1 race at West Coast!!! I'm loaded for bear with power to spare!!
T
Old 03-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Wilson was not a happy chappy when he found out about SP guys running Tekin

I was running the snowbirds setup, and had good pace in practice,but after a RS Pro incinerated itself in the pre qual, i was too scared to really push it during the event with the settings, in the final i took it up a notch and the speed came back somewhat, so looks like i was just being too much of a pussy.

Unfortunately someone either hid the speedie remains or put them in the bin overnight so i did not get to take a pic. But holy hell the tekin boys can pack a lot of smoke into that small box, the case was completely liquified, and the internals were completely destroyed, the whole thing turned to charcoal. It even melted the side of the receiver.

The strange thing is that the battery and motor were both fine

Well can't blame you being a pussy there, I myself was a pussy too. Dare not push my Tekin to the limit. Too many Motor Burning and esc Smoking really made everyone step back a bit.

Overall It was a great Race and Tekin rule the whole TITC Brushless.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmig
WHOLLY BEJUSUS!!!!!!! I had no idea you could get SOO much more performance with these speed controls by setting them up with the computer!!! I had NO horsepower in my F-104 car with a 21.5 brushless setup until we loaded the new software--and max'd the timing and ran a bunch of boost!! MAN--the car went for "SNORE" to BALLISTIC"!! Very cool what these new fangled things can do for ya!!! Now I 'gotta get my own hotwire setup--and more Tekin speed controls. !! WHat an advantage to be able to "Tune" the speed control to your track and power conditions!! Very cool!!
Geeez-- an old dog can learn some new tricks!!!!
Lookout at the next F-1 race at West Coast!!! I'm loaded for bear with power to spare!!
T

i know what you mean bro. i was running a sp esc and it got fried at west coast so i ran into the shop and asked if they had a esc and they had the tekin and only 1 left lol. i had them solder it in and someone put a light tune on it for me and wow it was so much more powerful
Old 03-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anybody know if it's possible to put a Y in the ESC's receiver wire so that you don't have to unplug the ESC from the receiver every time you want to hook up your Hotwire?
Old 03-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
hey guys i want to find out if my settings are ok for my motor. i really dont want to blow my motor with this esc lol

drag 25
reverse off
brake strength 90
neutral width 94
motor type bl/fw
throttle profile 5
voltage cutoff 2
push control off
timing boost 50
turbo max
turbo delay .1
turbo ramp 2.0
start rpm 2850
end rpm 12000

are these safe settings for a orion 17.5 vortex? im all new to this tekin and i really want to have good punch out of the corner and awsome topend on the straight.

i had some help setting this up but that was it. so i dont know what the limits of my motor are or the max rpm i can set the end rpm at without blowing it up. the car im driving is a cyclone s with 17t pullies and 96t spur and 40t pinion
I assume this is for touring, 2S.
changes I recommend are:
neutral width 94 -> change to 10
throttle profile 5 -> change to 3 or 4
turbo delay .1 -> change depends on the length of the straight away. but 0.1s is too short for most tracks. maybe try 0.4 to 0.6s
For very small track, turn off turbo.
start rpm 2850 -> raise to 3500ish
end rpm 12000 -> raise to 14000ish

(if you want to have turbo at the beginning ie delay = 0, then you will have to raise your start & end rpm values, maybe to s=5000ish, e=18000ish)

FDR should be around 6.5 to 7.0 to start.
Check motor temperature after a few laps.
If it is over 75C, then lower your boost / turbo or widen the rpm window.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
Thanks andrew Im not sure about the rest of Team Aus, but i will be over in july either way as it is PA 64th birthday and the year of the Tiger so it is a must it will just be a bouns is there is a large meet on the same time, if not i will endver to get some track time regardless

But team Aus, will be there iwith larger no. next year im sure as im not the only one to add it to my race calander

thanks again for a great time

It was so nice to see so many people from many countries gathering to share the same passion in this hobby. I just found out that the other new track, RC City, will be indoor as well. Wow, 2 new indoor asphalt tracks coming up in the next few months. You should take more RC vacations here
Old 03-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Anyone have a good setup for CRC WGT 1S Tekin Redline 13.5 and RS Speedo with nimh rx pack on a 90x42 carpet track?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Official
Well can't blame you being a pussy there, I myself was a pussy too. Dare not push my Tekin to the limit. Too many Motor Burning and esc Smoking really made everyone step back a bit.

Overall It was a great Race and Tekin rule the whole TITC Brushless.
Out of interest, what motors and ESC's were being destroyed? was this all happening in Mod or the Stock Classes?

2s lipo's being used?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
what the F is that all about? lol
if you read a page or so back you would see that the speed passion drivers were using tekin over the weekend instead of there sponsored esc.......
Old 03-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andrew188
It was so nice to see so many people from many countries gathering to share the same passion in this hobby. I just found out that the other new track, RC City, will be indoor as well. Wow, 2 new indoor asphalt tracks coming up in the next few months. You should take more RC vacations here
whoooow can you send me the address of both new tracks
Old 03-04-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Does anybody know if it's possible to put a Y in the ESC's receiver wire so that you don't have to unplug the ESC from the receiver every time you want to hook up your Hotwire?
I was wondering the same thing. I don't see any reason why not?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:58 AM
avs
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WheelNut
i haven't tried it but i dont see why not. i have been using a 3" extension. jr makes them. (most other companies only offer 6" and longer)
Old 03-04-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

as long as you have a way to keep the signal from the rx from getting to the speedo, then the extension would work. you can only use hotwire with no signal from a rx
Old 03-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
hey guys i want to find out if my settings are ok for my motor. i really dont want to blow my motor with this esc lol

drag 25
reverse off
brake strength 90
neutral width 94
motor type bl/fw
throttle profile 5
voltage cutoff 2
push control off
timing boost 50
turbo max
turbo delay .1
turbo ramp 2.0
start rpm 2850
end rpm 12000

are these safe settings for a orion 17.5 vortex? im all new to this tekin and i really want to have good punch out of the corner and awsome topend on the straight.

i had some help setting this up but that was it. so i dont know what the limits of my motor are or the max rpm i can set the end rpm at without blowing it up. the car im driving is a cyclone s with 17t pullies and 96t spur and 40t pinion
Originally Posted by hardmankam
I assume this is for touring, 2S.
changes I recommend are:
neutral width 94 -> change to 10
throttle profile 5 -> change to 3 or 4
turbo delay .1 -> change depends on the length of the straight away. but 0.1s is too short for most tracks. maybe try 0.4 to 0.6s
For very small track, turn off turbo.
start rpm 2850 -> raise to 3500ish
end rpm 12000 -> raise to 14000ish

(if you want to have turbo at the beginning ie delay = 0, then you will have to raise your start & end rpm values, maybe to s=5000ish, e=18000ish)

FDR should be around 6.5 to 7.0 to start.
Check motor temperature after a few laps.
If it is over 75C, then lower your boost / turbo or widen the rpm window.
Except for the neutral width, I disagree with the changes above.

My opinion on the changes to make:

lower neutral width to 10
lower the turbo to 10
I don't run drag brake but that's personal preference
I also don't run with voltage cutoff turned on
lower end RPM to 10,000

FDR should be 6.0 to 6.5. Make sure to put the timing on the motor at 0. Turbo delay of 0.1 is fine if you are geared right. I run 0.1 with a 3.0 ramp on my 17.5.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by avs
i haven't tried it but i dont see why not. i have been using a 3" extension. jr makes them. (most other companies only offer 6" and longer)
Originally Posted by theisgroup
as long as you have a way to keep the signal from the rx from getting to the speedo, then the extension would work. you can only use hotwire with no signal from a rx
Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
I was wondering the same thing. I don't see any reason why not?
You cannot use a straight up Y-harness as whatever was coming through the hotwire would be hooked up in parallel with the receiver and servo. I use a 3" jumper so that I'm not always unplugging from my receiver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.