Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 01-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kn7671
Yep, I agree that load vs no load will make a difference, but I'm positive the Tekin adjust's on load, and I also haven't had a chance to hit the track yet. I was just sharing what I observed on the bench. After racing this Sunday I will have race data that should be more useful.
Good news, look forward to reading what you have discovered. Good luck!
Old 01-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mjc168
The Novak sentry data logger pro only USD49.90 from shopatron. I just got it few days ago.
Bought few mins ago!!
Old 01-16-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mhavlena
So gray duct tape is better than black electrical tape?
Thx.
I don't know, try a piece of both at the same time and measure all around the motor, find out where is hottest, then try some tape on there.

On my old Nosram, the endbell is hottest despit being plastic, on my hacker I have black duct tape, on my new Vector X12 I point it straight through the cooling holes to try and measure inside (was still only getting 52degC)

As for people saying you need to run them near the temp limit, I'm afraid I belive that's crap.

You need to motor running where it's producing the most useable torque and rev's if that happens to be at a lower temp, then so be it.

Remember, heat increases resistance so the hotter the motor, the less efficient it is....BUT, is that reduced efficiency producing grunt or being wasted!

Skiddins
Old 01-16-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B4james
Without going all the way through the thread again, does anyone have a starting point for 10.5 on medium to large track with 203 software.
Here's what I had for an indoor 30m*16m fast flowing track;

Profile 4
40 timing
10 turbo
Rev's circa 1500 - 10000
Delay 0.7
Ramp 2.0

It was the first time I had used the software, I would now change to RPM's to say 3000-12000 and maybe add a bit more timing, remember to test with turbo set to 0 and check gearing temps. My Vector X12 was coming off at 52degC (circa 120degF).
I was also 0.7 lower on my FDR compared with before.

SKiddins
Old 01-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Here's what I had for an indoor 30m*16m fast flowing track;

Profile 4
40 timing
10 turbo
Rev's circa 1500 - 10000
Delay 0.7
Ramp 2.0

It was the first time I had used the software, I would now change to RPM's to say 3000-12000 and maybe add a bit more timing, remember to test with turbo set to 0 and check gearing temps. My Vector X12 was coming off at 52degC (circa 120degF).
I was also 0.7 lower on my FDR compared with before.

SKiddins
Similar track size to what I am looking at, as a matter of interest what was your FDR ?
Old 01-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
First off thank you Tekin for this update for free.

I had a chance to run this new 203. There are some differences with this one compered to the Vegas 200. 25 of boost in the 203 is not the same as 25 in 200. As the car was much slower. WHen I went up to 50 boost I blew my 2 rear tires apart!!! I made the change to 50 boost and turned the car on. I hit the throttle once with the car on my pit stand. I was really surprised of the sound. I did it again and I heard a POP!! My rear tires blew apart. They were worn Jaco blues but still.

The new boost start and end point is very interesting. When you hit the start rpm the car jumps forward. It is really impressive. I tried both 13.5 and 17.5. In 13.5 the car was way to fast for our small 65x36 track. The 17.5 felt like a slower 13.5. I was able to run a 9.3 which is .1 faster than a fast lap before. I am also running a new T3 that I am still working on setup. SO I feel I will drop another .2 tenths.

This new software is no joke. It is almost unfair to those that do not have one of these new Tekin's for 17.5. It makes the motor a whole different beast.

Originally Posted by kn7671
Yep, I agree that load vs no load will make a difference, but I'm positive the Tekin adjust's on load, and I also haven't had a chance to hit the track yet. I was just sharing what I observed on the bench. After racing this Sunday I will have race data that should be more useful.
Point is, this can be the fruit of "Bench Testing", even with an operable software setup, what's the point? That RC guys can destroy $#!^ for no apparent reason? Any chance Lewis Hamilton or Jimmie Johnson puts their car on jackstands, hooks up the data logging connections, engages the drivetrain and hammers the gas? Why would it be any more helpful at 1/10 or 1/12 scale?

If this is how my competition was planning on testing and tuning their setup and gearing, I'd want to race them every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default FDR 203

I have heard various ideas to this question. Just hoping to look for some clarification. Should a person increase or decrease the FDR from what they were running with the old software (200). I was running 6.0 FDR on carpet track medium size track with the 200 version. Should I keep it at 6.0, increase it to 7.0ish or decrease to say a 5.5? Thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Also, just to clarify, lowering my FDR (6.0-5.5) will increase temps..correct?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by storytyme
I have heard various ideas to this question. Just hoping to look for some clarification. Should a person increase or decrease the FDR from what they were running with the old software (200). I was running 6.0 FDR on carpet track medium size track with the 200 version. Should I keep it at 6.0, increase it to 7.0ish or decrease to say a 5.5? Thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Also, just to clarify, lowering my FDR (6.0-5.5) will increase temps..correct?
you should decrease it to 7.0ish
Old 01-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VRacing
Point is, this can be the fruit of "Bench Testing", even with an operable software setup, what's the point? That RC guys can destroy $#!^ for no apparent reason? Any chance Lewis Hamilton or Jimmie Johnson puts their car on jackstands, hooks up the data logging connections, engages the drivetrain and hammers the gas? Why would it be any more helpful at 1/10 or 1/12 scale?

If this is how my competition was planning on testing and tuning their setup and gearing, I'd want to race them every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
that's what accidentley happend on his first time installing 203.

I don't know if you going to enjoy getting lapped multiple times twice on every sunday and once per every day, when that competition is the "Robby Dodge" (current ROAR TC Champ)
Old 01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
oze
Tech Adept

Do not think that the engine of Hamilton's car was not tested on the "bench". Some people try to understand what happens in the esc and based on that understanding they make their setup what they fine tune on the track.
I agree that the best is to test the car on the track but only a few are as lucky as you are and can go to the track every day. So they have to make their track time more effective.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Isn't that more or less what a dynomometer does?
Old 01-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by da_John_wee

I don't know if you going to enjoy getting lapped multiple times twice on every sunday and once per every day, when that competition is the "Robby Dodge" (current ROAR TC Champ)
I would consider it a priviledge
Old 01-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Isn't that more or less what a dynomometer does?
Dyno uses load, car stand - no load, blah, blah, OK, sorry guys, I went one post to far on the point and it didn't come out right. I concede, have a good weekend, I'm going to bench test a brewskie and watch some hoops.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by da_John_wee

I wouldn't mind that a bit. I expect the better drivers to lap me and only strive to do better than I did in the last race, not better than other drivers.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by oze
Do not think that the engine of Hamilton's car was not tested on the "bench". Some people try to understand what happens in the esc and based on that understanding they make their setup what they fine tune on the track.
I agree that the best is to test the car on the track but only a few are as lucky as you are and can go to the track every day. So they have to make their track time more effective.
Actually no it wouldn't be...it would be tested on a dyno and as little as possible to put less wear and tear on the engine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.