Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slotracer577
Wasnt expecting a this is how we are going to do it. Am just hoping you are doing something for the oval guys as I hear rumors of new controllers that are using variable timing and are faster than the Tekins. Just looking forward to the next update for my RS Pro's. The ability to update to new software as it becomes available was my number one choice in picking tekin controllers for my cars (4). thanks for the great products.
They're not rumours. There are already 3 that I know of and have seen one of them perform. Looked like the motor was 3 turns less winds!

This is one

And another soon to be released

And this one is currently doing very well down under.

I'm not trying to spoil Tekins party. I'm still very happy with the RS and would think really hard before buying any expensive electronic equipment without a proven track record and a solid background. Being ESC of the month is not good enough for me.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And there's the CRC Advanced Electronics ESC too.

However, the Tekin is here, their service is excellent and the ESC is small with no gigantic capacitor.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:06 AM
F-1
Tech Regular

Hi all! Can anyone help me, where i can to buy Tekin RS PRO esc?? Amain and other popular shops havent it, where this esc be in stock?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Can the RX8 do the same job as the RS Pro?

Hi. Have an RX8 lying around that is not used very often. Was wondering if it can work properly with 7.4V and a 1/10 scale brushless motor. Ie, will I need to add capacitors or do something to it in Hotwire.

In short will I get similiar performance from the RX8 compared to the RS Pro when everything is identical (neglecting the slight increase in weight).

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:48 AM
oze
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by F-1
Hi all! Can anyone help me, where i can to buy Tekin RS PRO esc?? Amain and other popular shops havent it, where this esc be in stock?
http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php
Old 11-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by radwerx
Hi. Have an RX8 lying around that is not used very often. Was wondering if it can work properly with 7.4V and a 1/10 scale brushless motor. Ie, will I need to add capacitors or do something to it in Hotwire.

In short will I get similiar performance from the RX8 compared to the RS Pro when everything is identical (neglecting the slight increase in weight).

Thanks.
you can use it but there is no sensored mode,so if you want to get the boost and turbo feature you wont
Old 11-05-2009, 05:26 AM
F-1
Tech Regular

The RCmarket havent it in stock
Old 11-05-2009, 05:27 AM
oze
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by F-1
The RCmarket havent it in stock
They had it a few days ago.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:35 AM
F-1
Tech Regular

yes, i know, but i need to order this esc now, and which io know shops havent they in stock.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Lord

do you need the pro
Old 11-05-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F-1
Our local Hobby Town has two in stock. (970)226-3900.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cyanyde
They're not rumours. There are already 3 that I know of and have seen one of them perform. Looked like the motor was 3 turns less winds!

[

I'm not trying to spoil Tekins party. I'm still very happy with the RS and would think really hard before buying any expensive electronic equipment without a proven track record and a solid background. Being ESC of the month is not good enough for me.
I know plenty of "clues" have been left about future software. That's exactly why I bought the Tekin - upgradability! Not to mention the GREAT tech support here on this forum.

Lets hope the programmers are keeping busy. That new Novak looks tempting. Gotta love a tech war! Lets hope the Tekin programmers have racing in their blood and can't stand to be second!
(insert sound of whip cracking!)

P.S. I much prefer software of the month to brush of the month, can of the month, spring combo of the month, com drop of the month, com lathe technique of the month, .................

Now that I spend more time driving and less time on motors, its just a question of one can of redbull or two.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde

This is one

And another soon to be released

And this one is currently doing very well down under.

Well the kinetic has not even hit the street. Their timing has only said to be "dynamic." How it exactly works is yet to be seen and it's performance is yet to be proven. A bit pre-mature to call it better than the RS.

And I know you didn't link it, but same thing with the CRC. Can we buy this yet? Only a handful of people drove it at IIC. This proved to be fast, but it can't be faster than and ESC that you can buy.

I can't speak for the other 2, but I have not seen any in action personally. I'm not saying they are not good, just that I have not seen them. So far on the track, the only thing that I have seen compare to the RS is the SPX.

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
you can use it but there is no sensored mode,so if you want to get the boost and turbo feature you wont
I tried to find the post, but I don't have time right now. I could have sworn the RX8 is an RS in a bigger case with better cooling. That means it will do everything the RS will, just with better cooling and more weight.

I also recall people going to the RX8 in mod class because it was better at cooling.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pakk
Well the kinetic has not even hit the street. Their timing has only said to be "dynamic." How it exactly works is yet to be seen and it's performance is yet to be proven. A bit pre-mature to call it better than the RS.

And I know you didn't link it, but same thing with the CRC. Can we buy this yet? Only a handful of people drove it at IIC. This proved to be fast, but it can't be faster than and ESC that you can buy.

I can't speak for the other 2, but I have not seen any in action personally. I'm not saying they are not good, just that I have not seen them. So far on the track, the only thing that I have seen compare to the RS is the SPX.

I tried to find the post, but I don't have time right now. I could have sworn the RX8 is an RS in a bigger case with better cooling. That means it will do everything the RS will, just with better cooling and more weight.

I also recall people going to the RX8 in mod class because it was better at cooling.
I have seen the Advanced speedo and it runs fast. The first 10 meters are faster than it's the same as the other speedo's.
The speedo will be for sale in week 46 or 47.
Maybe I can try it than. This Saturday and Sunday the driver with the speedo will be at the race were I'm also.
The speedo he has and the one you can see on the pictures are prototype speedo's. The one that will be fore sale will be a bit different from the outside.
Believe me it's fast. Also expensive. The low profile will be for sale for 240 euro and the TC version for 299 euro.
The software is upgradeable. You can adjust the brake and if I'm right the throttle. You just adjust the gearing and check the motor temp to find the right gearing.
About the service I don't no any thing. The only thing I now that Tekin has online and also with repair the best service.
I love my Tekin and I believe that they are working hard to make the speedo faster and faster. Till now I don't have to complain about the power. Afcourse I want more but even when you have the fastest speedo there is you always want more.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Lord

other than the size and able to handle low turn there almost the same but there is no sensored mode for use with high turn which means no boost,turbo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.