Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Randy you got mail.
I don't think that you can read the text but as I must translate it, it's not a problem. All of it is in Dutch, only that part is in English.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
your 610 would run win7 nicely. so why retire it. make it the RC workhorse
I will check with the advisor later on when I get a chance to see what is compatible and what isn't. I was just looking if I can get anything smaller. Although my D610 had been really good so far anything that I need to do while on the road it can do it all.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Okay guys, I need some help. I have the Novak Ballistic 13.5 in my 12r5 along with the RS. I have not touched the timing on the motor. I believe the instructions say that the motor comes set to 30* of timing from the factory. So here is my concern: what should I set the RS as far as timing, turbo, and throttle? This will be a starting point for me. I forgot to mention the motor I am running with the esc, Yang.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

first turn your motor timing down to at least to like 10 honestly idk how the new ballistic motors ar ebut turning this down will make your motor run cooler
Old 10-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

has anyone compared the turbo function on this ESC to the MMPro's variable timing "c.h.e.a.t mode?"
sounds like it would work the same...
Old 10-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't remember having seen this question before but I hope someone has run across this because I'm stumped. Anyway in TC last night every run the turbo disappeared.... worked at the beginning of the qualifier/race and somewhere in the middle it went away. Any reason it would just stop working?

Motor DUO 17.5 - 0 deg
Turbo - Max
Boost - 19
FDR - 4.78 - 110 deg after race
Old 10-29-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by padailey
I don't remember having seen this question before but I hope someone has run across this because I'm stumped. Anyway in TC last night every run the turbo disappeared.... worked at the beginning of the qualifier/race and somewhere in the middle it went away. Any reason it would just stop working?

Motor DUO 17.5 - 0 deg
Turbo - Max
Boost - 19
The largest cause for this is having your radio wander, even if by a tiny amount, as it "warms up" in your hand. The rs has near zero tolerance when it comes to "full" throttle. Most get around this by performing setup at epa's of 90 and then bumping up to 100 to make sure the esc see's full throttle.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by storytyme
I am running a 13.5 redline with the RS in a TC4.
I am fairly new to onroad and noticed my temps
were at 160ish after a 6 min run. Is this too high?
I am used to running the Tekin in my B4 where temps
stay at 125 or so. Here is my current set-up:

The track is carpet and is shown here: www.outbackraceway.com
drag brake: off
brake: 60
neutral: 56
throttle: 3
push: off
timing: 23
turbo: 16
delay: 0.3
pinion: 26
spur: 72
FDR: 6.92
battery: SMC Lightning Volt 5200 24C
any suggestions on my heat or any other
part of my setup would be great

Also. I switch my RS between my TC4 and
my B4. I use velcro to hold it down, but in
the TC4 it does not stay fastened to the chasis
with the Velcro. Any tips?

Thanks.
So if I lower my boost and add a couple teeth on the pinion plus increase my turbo delay then my temps may get a little lower. If I drop my FDR to 4.5ish wouldn't this increase temps??????
Old 10-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by padailey

Motor DUO 17.5 - 0 deg
Turbo - Max
Boost - 19
If your delay is set to low and you're not winding out before it hits it seems to go away/ not kick in properly.

Also, if you radio creeps it makes it go away. I get this at my track when a 4pk is in my heat. Set your throttle to like 90/95 and then sync it to the esc. Then turn it back up. Seems to work for me.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

The EPA trick is THE cure. Its been on almost every page of this thread since the release of V200.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChristopherKee
If your delay is set to low and you're not winding out before it hits it seems to go away/ not kick in properly.

Also, if you radio creeps it makes it go away. I get this at my track when a 4pk is in my heat. Set your throttle to like 90/95 and then sync it to the esc. Then turn it back up. Seems to work for me.
I just got my RS yesterday so it's all new to me. So I have some questions ........

If your delay is set to low (do you mean a low number i.e. 0.2?) then wouldn't the turbo kick in sooner and you should feel that sooner ?

Not winding out. Does that mean there is a length of time that has to pass (this would be the winding out portion, depending on gearing ?) before the delay time has to pass and THEN the turbo kicks in ?

If your off the throttle before any of these timed events happen, does that mean you won't feel the 'kick' ?

This is assuming that you don't have any throttle 'drift'.

Thanks.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

think of the turbo as shifting into overdrive. If the car is not going fast enough when you shift it will just bog down. So if the delay is too short, the car will just go slower, not faster.

john
Old 10-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
I just got my RS yesterday so it's all new to me. So I have some questions ........

If your delay is set to low (do you mean a low number i.e. 0.2?) then wouldn't the turbo kick in sooner and you should feel that sooner ?

Not winding out. Does that mean there is a length of time that has to pass (this would be the winding out portion, depending on gearing ?) before the delay time has to pass and THEN the turbo kicks in ?

If your off the throttle before any of these timed events happen, does that mean you won't feel the 'kick' ?

This is assuming that you don't have any throttle 'drift'.

Thanks.
Here's a post from about 30-40 pages back...it explains what your asking.

Originally Posted by Fred_B
Think of the turbo delay just like the gearing in a real car. If you shift too early the engine will bog down and not much will happen until the engine hit's it's powerband. Shift later when the revs are up and it will pull a lot harder in the next gear.

Running too much boost is just like skipping a gear and it will take some time to spool up and go.

It's all a balance and it's probably best to gear without turbo first and then tune in the turbo a little at a time to get tuned in. Full boost full turbo and minimum delay may not be the way to go.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Here's a post from about 30-40 pages back...it explains what your asking.
Good explanation.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. WOW ! here's the incredible thing .... I've raced with Fred B. for quite a few years but unfortunatley last year he dropped out (due to the poor enconomy I think) so I haven't been able to pick his brain.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone know if there is a version of Hotwire software that works with Vista 64bit yet? I found a post on the Tekin forums from march saying it should've been out soon after that and I still haven't seen anything.

Now with Windows 7 available, is Tekin planning on supporting that? Again in the 64 bit version?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.