Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro neil
lights are on but they don't go to the neutral position there are 3 lights in the middle that light up.
Recalibrate your esc again to your radio?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Check your solder joints to make sure that you don't have any bridges built or cold joints.
no bridges and solder joints are nice and shiney
Old 10-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bukil
Recalibrate your esc again to your radio?
I will give this a try
Old 10-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Check the sensor wire going into the esc. I had a brand new Novak 13.5 I put in my 12th scale and the blue wire basically fell out of the connector in a fellow drivers hand as he was trying to help trouble shoot the exact same problem.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Well if the motor isn't new you might want to try cleaning it out...I had a similar issue and it turned out it was just a little dirt on the sensors.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
why set turbo so late,do you just want it the last 20ft of the straight
I'll bring this up again since it's been a few pages.

Depending on your track, increasing the turbo delay can make your car faster.

If turbo starts throwing timing at the motor before it's spooled up all the way, acceleration will suffer and the car will feel mushy in the midrange. A little more delay and you'll have that lower-timing torque to wind it up and then turbo will hit just when you would normally flatten off.

That's why it's key to turn turbo off to set up your car. Gear it to be perfect for the infield, and then estimate the time it takes you to hit top speed entering the straight. Set the turbo delay equal to that time.

Fine tune to taste and you're good to go.

Methinks this will be a moot point before too long. I would wager that the next BIG update will take the user (and thus the user error) out of the loop. The ESC will sense via RPM, current draw, and the rate of change of each when it's appropriate to add timing, and how much, and will continually optimize it.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasons56
I wish it was that huge on my track. But the RS isn't the only fast spec speed control. When I set up the RS to blow buy people on the straight then its slower in the infield or starts to get the motor hot enough that it fades a little.
V200 really is a distinct advantage... if you haven't run it yet you'll understand when you do. Curtiss and I are not running full out with our gearing/settings and we still have the fastest cars out there.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
All I can say in response is that it was in the spirit of the class as it originally was intended/designed 2+ years ago: (much) slower cars, more skill based driving, vintage bodies and smiles. RobK has done a tremendous amount of testing already and has the simple recommendation of not using turbo. Each new controller being brought on the market and into VTA will end up with some sort of restriction to create a level playing field. Even if everyone had and RS, turbo still doesn't belong in this class. I have an RS in my 17.5. Its dialed and goes 13.5 speeds down our little straight. If my driving were better, I'd be winning the 13.5 class I'm driving my sedan in. We'll see what the future brings. For other classes, bring on the heat. I'm with Mikky, WHERE'S MY NEW SOFTWARE!
There's no need for any of that. If you want to level the playing field in the speedo department, change the Rules to run everything sensorless. That's the fix for Stock - no sensors, no timing increase. Now you're back to where we started with BR, without the comm skimming.

If you want to fix the problem, remove the cause of the problem...
Old 10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Depending on your track, increasing the turbo delay can make your car faster.

If turbo starts throwing timing at the motor before it's spooled up all the way, acceleration will suffer and the car will feel mushy in the midrange.
I experienced this "turbo lag" the other night in my TC. Got a little greedy with the boost, increased it a bunch and turned down the delay. Voila....instant slug in the infield, cost me 2 tenths a lap, easy.

It seems like, on a smaller tight track you gotta be a little conservative with the turbo to get the most rip.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
A few more days for your next dose...

Next dose.....jajaj
Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Just finished up my 416WE! Still needs a visit to the scale, the setup board, and the Hotwire, and this Sunday will be the shakedown run.

Tekin RS
Tekin Redline 13.5
KO Propo PDS-2413ICS servo
ThunderPower 5000mAh 40C
Futaba FASST
Speedworld SJ-R

Old 10-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
There's no need for any of that. If you want to level the playing field in the speedo department, change the Rules to run everything sensorless. That's the fix for Stock - no sensors, no timing increase. Now you're back to where we started with BR, without the comm skimming.

If you want to fix the problem, remove the cause of the problem...
Ugh. Have you ever run a trans am race? We have this under control.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pcar951
I experienced this "turbo lag" the other night in my TC. Got a little greedy with the boost, increased it a bunch and turned down the delay. Voila....instant slug in the infield, cost me 2 tenths a lap, easy.

It seems like, on a smaller tight track you gotta be a little conservative with the turbo to get the most rip.
there's only so much power you can utilise at a given track with the turbo, the rest might harm the motor, from my understanding wasted energy is simply turned into heat build up

Very small tracks may not even get to use the turbo, as there isnt enough time for it to kick in and work effectively.

we all love power, but sometimes it works against you. Kind of similar to under/overgearing.

Anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong
Old 10-09-2009, 06:44 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
there's only so much power you can utilise at a given track with the turbo, the rest might harm the motor, from my understanding wasted energy is simply turned into heat build up

Very small tracks may not even get to use the turbo, as there isnt enough time for it to kick in and work effectively.

we all love power, but sometimes it works against you. Kind of similar to under/overgearing.

Anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong
I think you are dead on. The track I run at has a small straight with a technical infield. I have played with gearing and the turbo setting quite a bit and have not seen any evidence of it being of any value on the very short straight. From entering the straight to breaking for the corner, there is probably 1.5 seconds of full throttle if that, barely enough time for the motor to get into the higher rev bands.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

I think that I don't need my Turbo Boost on the track were I'm going to tomorrow.
I use a 10,5T with lipo on a small indoor track. The straight is only 82 Feet long.
I start with a 7.0FDR.
Boost 20
Turbo 10
Turbo delay 0,9
Throttle 5
Motor 10,5 LRP X11. (not allowed to use an other in the races so I practice with it.)
I think that the Boost is a bit to high but I will lower it to see what it does.
I now the LRP motor loves some more Boost than other motors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.