Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys

I currently run a GTB in my T2 008, it performs flawlessly but it is rather large so I am looking to get something smaller and found the tekin RS pro.
Have anyone compared the 2 speedos? Are the performances running 10.5 and 3.5 similar or one better than the other? What's reliability like especially running a 3.5 as there seems to be no fan with the speedo.

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make the right decision.

Thanks

Paul
Old 08-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgullickson
Ya I ended up with 65%, but that is for offroad, with 90% I am assuming you run onroad.
sorry , yes on-road
Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mutley001
Hi Guys

I currently run a GTB in my T2 008, it performs flawlessly but it is rather large so I am looking to get something smaller and found the tekin RS pro.
Have anyone compared the 2 speedos? Are the performances running 10.5 and 3.5 similar or one better than the other? What's reliability like especially running a 3.5 as there seems to be no fan with the speedo.

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make the right decision.

Thanks

Paul
I ve ran my Tekin RS pro with the 3.5 and it will get hot , even with the timing set very low. I installed a fan and extra power caps, but it still gets hot after a 5 minute run,( all lights flashing)After the run I check the temps and they are in the 175 degree range on the esc. But those runs are outdoor in the Florida heat.

Ive have gone back to my LRP TC spec .The Tekins in a very nice esc, but it sucks carriying a laptop to the track.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
You guys are being really thick about this. I've got two GTB's and two LRP's that I've run for nearly 4 years now, so please don't lecture me on what to buy. It was just a suggestion on how to ease people into this brave new world of configurable speed controls by giving them a quick way to get to a known state. The default profile on the RS is weak, and there's a bit of a learning curve to get back up to speed. Nobody needs to get their butts hurt, it's not a knock on Tekin.
If your referring at all to my post, you are taking things way too seriously... It was purely a joke. All these ESCs have positive points. I also feel that all these companies have things to work on. If there was never a need for an improvement, there would never be a next model.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I just got rid of my tekin and put my trusty old tamiya 3 step wiper back in . I burnt my finger on the resistor though.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timmay70
If there was never a need for an improvement, there would never be a next model.
But there still would be a need for profit .
Old 08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by timmay70
If your referring at all to my post, you are taking things way too seriously... It was purely a joke. All these ESCs have positive points. I also feel that all these companies have things to work on. If there was never a need for an improvement, there would never be a next model.
Nah, someone suggested I buy an LRP if that's what I want, so I was responding to that. What I want is an LRP with a Tekin footprint, and the ability to tinker. :-)
Old 08-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
The Tekins in a very nice esc, but it sucks carriying a laptop to the track.
I carry my laptop pretty much everywhere incase i need to do work but personally i do find it a hassle to have to boot up the system and run the software to configure the esc. Would be nice if down the track there was just a standalone controller unit for programming the esc.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Even with 13.5? That's all I'll be running for the foreseeable future, perhaps with a dash of 10.5 here and there for flavor. Is it worth trying w/o hotwire first, or should I just man up and go all the way? I'm a mac guy so I'll have to dig up an old PC somewhere...

I'm a mac user too (macbook) and I used bootcamp to install Win XP so I can use hotwire as well as castle's tuning software.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Krio
I'm a mac user too (macbook) and I used bootcamp to install Win XP so I can use hotwire as well as castle's tuning software.
Same here. I've been meaning to install Parallels to see if I can make it work there.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
What if you wanted the feel of the LRP at one particular track and the feel of the Novak at another? If you could have that with one speedo then why not?
Then I suggest you spent some time with the HotWire.

Don't get me wrong, I see where it would be nice to start from a 'known good' setting, but I don't think having 'LRP' and 'Novak' profiles is the right solution here.

Here's another example, I don't buy a Tamiya because I liked how my Associated handles. I buy the Tamiya, and learn how to make it handle how I want.

The Tekin is a different tool than a Novak or LRP, you have to learn to work with it.

Nah, someone suggested I buy an LRP if that's what I want, so I was responding to that. What I want is an LRP with a Tekin footprint, and the ability to tinker. :-)
I suggested you buy an LRP because you wanted and LRP, I didn't feel I was being too thick.

I think what really needs to happen here is Tekin needs to get on releasing some profiles people actually use.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Lord

Since HotWire uses HID, it looks like the ability to talk to it is built-in to OS X. There seems to only be one input defined, so I'm guessing Tekin is using some kind of protocol to write all the updates at once. It seems like writing a program to adjust it with Mac would be pretty straightforward. I may have to put on my ObjectiveC hat and figure out the HID class.
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-hotwire.jpg  
Old 08-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Since HotWire uses HID, it looks like the ability to talk to it is built-in to OS X. There seems to only be one input defined, so I'm guessing Tekin is using some kind of protocol to write all the updates at once. It seems like writing a program to adjust it with Mac would be pretty straightforward. I may have to put on my ObjectiveC hat and figure out the HID class.
I'll buy that for a dollar!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Someone said there's room for improvement, I can tell you right now there is a lot of work put in and a few things in the pipeline that'll make everyone happy i'm sure, just wait and see.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That'd be awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.