Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Because we want to talk to everyone that is getting the software. Right now not everyone views RcTech, or whatever other forums are online.

Anyone getting the software from me is getting a small bit of info to explain how it works and a simple method of applying it.

RC car racing has so many applications, so many tracks, so many other variables that it can't be a "one size fits all" application the majority of the time.

So we try to help where and when we can. If everyone checks out our Facebook page I've been adding setups from our team as quick as I get them.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Makes sense. I can't wait to try it out. I'll be at Norcal friday testing all day. I am sure there will be plenty others there too that day. You plan to be there this week end? Have you seen the new lay out? Do any team 17.5 drivers have any tips for the new lay out there yet?

--pakk
Old 08-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Team Tekin

I am going to try and make it down there at least one day. I've got a very busy schedule coming up over the next few weeks. I can't make every race.

Here's the 17.5 setup I used at the Speedworld Cup:
Old 08-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

What ever you were trying to do did not work.

And do you know of team drivers that are going to be there that I can bother?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Team Tekin

Yeah the manage files isn't working for me right now...

Jason Moberly, Kevin Jelich, Clint Riley, and I believe Derek Stephansen will be in attendance.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default v200 software

randy,
can you send me the software?

[email protected].

Thanks,
Robert
Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

First night on the v200 in 13.5/1s-lipo 1/12th at the local Tuesday night club race. I was able to match my laptimes in low traction conditions as I've been running with higher traction conditions we usually see when more foam cars on the track and I'm still under geared slightly. The track is short and I didn't think I would get much to gain but gearing it short and letting the turbo kick in for the strait proved to be very efficient for me this evening. Motor temps down 20 deg and my laptimes only dropped off about .2 sec in 8 min to take the TQ and win. I have been dropping off about .3-4.

I've updated 5 ESCs today with zero problems.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
thank goodness! I was thinking StlNlst might be my local team driver
STLNLST....gotta get it right to get anything out of me

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Hey now! He's been helping me test this software from the beginning. Often times I will look for one of our biggest "opponents" or "skeptics" or whatever you would like to call it and try to make them see the brighter side of Tekin.

Clint wasn't too impressed at first. But slowly Jason and I worked him over and now he's come to the dark side. Don't be suprised to see him sporting a bright red Tekin Team Driver shirt....

I like my clothes a little on the baggy side So are you coming this weekend or will I be all alone????
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Yeah the manage files isn't working for me right now...

Jason Moberly, Kevin Jelich, Clint Riley, and I believe Derek Stephansen will be in attendance.
The facebook page with the setups looks great! Great resource for those who need a starting point.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default f

i already get 200,i can say wow.....OMG !!!!! very2 fast and cool motor temp,now i can say never other esc can do this.....thanks randy give me 200 and all team driver and tekin guy hard working this new software 200....thanks again tekin and randy !!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

With so many brushless motors out there and almost zero info on their endbell timing, can someone tell me how to measure the endbell timing from the sensor position? After looking at the sensors of 2 different motors of the same winds I have, One seems to be so much different than the other. Like 15 degrees off or so. Its so weird...
Old 08-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
With so many brushless motors out there and almost zero info on their endbell timing, can someone tell me how to measure the endbell timing from the sensor position? After looking at the sensors of 2 different motors of the same winds I have, One seems to be so much different than the other. Like 15 degrees off or so. Its so weird...
Tekin motors come from the factory with a 12 degree advance timing. You may want to check the other manufacturer's website and see what kind of timing, if any, are put onto their motors. This should help put your mind to rest.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Unfortunately for this part of the world, 11.5T brushless is the motor used in almost all races. They're manufactured by fairly new companies, who never bother with providing such info. The usual names are Speed Passion, Orca, Team Wave, Team Powers... Other than SP, anyone heard of the rest?...

Having said that, even SP don't publish those info..

Randy, any plans for a 11.5T? I'd go for a Tekin motor any day...
Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Unfortunately for this part of the world, 11.5T brushless is the motor used in almost all races. They're manufactured by fairly new companies, who never bother with providing such info. The usual names are Speed Passion, Orca, Team Wave, Team Powers... Other than SP, anyone heard of the rest?...

Having said that, even SP don't publish those info..

Randy, any plans for a 11.5T? I'd go for a Tekin motor any day...
Try the schumacher website they distribute Speed Passion products.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

U dont get me do you?...

We have all those names I mentioned. But I'm hoping that a reputable name like Tekin would come up with 11.5T motors so I could use them here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.