Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm very new to the hobby and just recently purchased a TRF 415 used and a RS Pro 17.5 system. When I'm checking the temperature of the motor after a run and say it's 170. Do I go down a tooth on the pinion or go up to lower the temperature. I've always found this area a little confusing and would appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2009, 11:22 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Stock timing is 12 out of the box.
For those having install issues I'd like to know what OS you're using?
Randy, i don't think this is an install issue, but i am open minded. i continue to get:
"Some of the user values are outside the expected range, your ESC may not be compatible with version of hotwire"

and if i pick 1s lipo, then i get a message
"warning the voltage cutoff has not been set"
no matter what i set the voltage cutoff at. i presume that i should use the 'custom' cutoff option set to 3.0volts.

i tried the thing out at a new local track today, and i saw a definite advantage on the straights and cooler temps. so it seems to be working good despite the messages.

i don't mean to crosspost the same item, but i had mentioned this first in the 1s thread.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:23 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by home13oy75
I'm very new to the hobby and just recently purchased a TRF 415 used and a RS Pro 17.5 system. When I'm checking the temperature of the motor after a run and say it's 170. Do I go down a tooth on the pinion or go up to lower the temperature. I've always found this area a little confusing and would appreciate the help.

Thanks!
you definitely want to downsize the pinion, but you also might want to reduce the motor's timing.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Your boost will not go to 45 even if it's showing it.

If you are running Vista you MUST delete the hidden file in the "virtual store" folder. I made a video to show you how to get to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTp3tUL9u8Y

We have the speed we're looking for. There is always room for improvement. We have some of our biggest sceptics running the RS against the SPX's and they too are liking it.

I run XP on my computer and didn't have any problems with the other versions before.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Timing

Hey guys,
I'm leaving for a race in about an hour, need some info if anyone has it. Can you adjust the Timing without the hotwire? I got one coming but, I'm running a 13.5 and I can't fit anymore gear on my setup and it's coming off about 135 after 12-15 mins of practice. I though I would advance the timing like old brushed motors, but I'm new to brushless. I'm not sure if it works the same way or not.

Is there anyway I can advance the timing without the hotwire? If so please let me know how and what timing jumps to make.

Thanks

Josh
Old 05-23-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshM20
Hey guys,
I'm leaving for a race in about an hour, need some info if anyone has it. Can you adjust the Timing without the hotwire? I got one coming but, I'm running a 13.5 and I can't fit anymore gear on my setup and it's coming off about 135 after 12-15 mins of practice. I though I would advance the timing like old brushed motors, but I'm new to brushless. I'm not sure if it works the same way or not.

Is there anyway I can advance the timing without the hotwire? If so please let me know how and what timing jumps to make.

Thanks

Josh
Simply .... no

Advance the timing a bit on your motor but watch the gearing. As you advance timing you might have to lower gearing (smaller pinion)
Old 05-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Sometimes it shows 45, sometimes it does "GO"

XP... I also agree that it isn't an install issue. I installed on my laptop after uninstalling the previous version. Then I tried it on my desktop which has never seen tekin software before.. then I tried it on my GF's computer which has never seen tekin software before, identical issues on all 3 machines. Right now the software is fuxxored.

I uninstalled the NEWEST version, and went back to the "bugged" 198 version, and the issue goes away.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm also getting this error... screen shot attached with this post.

I did not have this issue prior the 1s fix.
ie. 3.24 did not generate this error.. but 3.25 is.

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Tekin RS ESC sensored-tekin.jpg  
Old 05-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't get any of these problems, because I HAVE A MAC!!!

Please Randy, get this up on the Mac and then all the problems will disappear. Now, if you could get it to work via an iPhone/iPod Touch...

Fortunately, a good friend has it all sussed on his notebook, so I can keep abreast of it all. 198 seems to be the Daddy, my World GT is very quick!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
I don't get any of these problems, because I HAVE A MAC!!!
That's why you are the SlowerOne...

I'm pulling your leg :P

g
Old 05-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gortan
I'm also getting this error... screen shot attached with this post.

I did not have this issue prior the 1s fix.
ie. 3.24 did not generate this error.. but 3.25 is.

thanks.
I also get this error now so I reinstalled 3.24

-=light=-
Old 05-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

If you are running Vista you MUST delete the hidden file in the "virtual store" folder. I made a video to show you how to get to it:

We have the speed we're looking for. There is always room for improvement. We have some of our biggest sceptics running the RS against the SPX's and they too are liking it.

EJ is a super fast driver and is one to watch. But it's he's not running anything special. His car is super dialed and he's running faster than some mod guys. His car has mad corner speed and just looks to be in a different level. He does have competition and racing is racing.
He has a TOP Photon rubber spec. The car that i want as soon as possible.
Together with the Tekin and the turbo will it be unbeatable!!

Randy when do we get the turbo?

Result of the training for the Dutch national championship.
A clubmember of mine is running with a Tekin RS Pro.
An other clubmember is running with a GM Genius 120.
He was the last 2 races faster but after some testing with me and my setup on his Tekin he is going great.
Laptimes of the Tekin 18,9 to 19,1
Laptimes of the GM driver 19,8 to 20,1

I'm helping him to get him faster.
Last couple of days i got him 0,3 sec faster than he ever did.
Just the right setup on the speedo with the right gearing.

tomorrow are the races, so i hope he will beat the GM finally.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

I did delete the Hidden file on my vista laptop but I got the same error msg on a clean install on my XP desktop system

-=light=-
Old 05-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I can't say if this is definitely the problem or not but, I had a similar problem and it didn't go away until I used a registry cleaner application. Every time you load new software, information gets loaded into the registry about that program. Using the add/remove program in the control panel is supposed to get rid of that information but, doesn't always get it all.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by light
I did delete the Hidden file on my vista laptop but I got the same error msg on a clean install on my XP desktop system

-=light=-
Old 05-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

installed it on my laptop and had the exact same thing that message in a green box just like on the picture.

Anyway.. i still tried it out with mixed results. I drove together with someone who had a regular lrp spx, no stock spec just the spx digital or something. Anyway, his rollout is roughly 55 but i could not get the same speed as he was going. He was way faster on the strait. I changed rollout from 56 to 59 and put boost steadily towards 22. With this setting we had roughly the same speed on the straight.

The thing is that the progres of gaining speed is not the same. I can see that with the tekin the start is quite fast, a little faster then the spx, then it seems to not gaining speed that much ( the spx eccelarates then faster, gaining on me) and then it seems the boost kicks in or somethng and i gain more top end so we have roughly the same top speed at the end. Then i can hear the motor scream quite a high pitch sound. Tempature was around 55-60 degrees celcius his temps were just a little lower.

Two settings i want to try out next time. One with the same rollout as he has, around 56 but then very high boost and i will try a rollout of around 58 instead of 59 and boost of 25 instead of 22.

With lower rollout of 54 or 56 i really couldn't out run him on the strait, he flew past me but in the infield i was a little faster because the speed out of the corner is quite fast. The thing is that he didn't change his rollout at all while i had to do it to get the same speed plus put some more boost.

This is on a big 1/8 gas track with a long strait. The speed that was measured by the speedtrap on the end of the straight was around 85-87 km/h

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.