Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 05-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Throttle minimum, neutral width, and maybe throttle profile.

Increase throttle minimum, decrease neutral width, and/or choose a more aggressive throttle profile (4 or 5).
As I'm running 17.5 Blinky, I can not mess with the Throttle profile (yes I should have said that... Sorry). It is a clear delay in the response time, not slower start then others response.... I pull the trigger and I can see delay... I will try these 2 and see if that helps... Thanks...
Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by bvoltz
As I'm running 17.5 Blinky, I can not mess with the Throttle profile
Sure you can. Throttle profile controls how aggressive the throttle is vs. amount the trigger is pulled.

Timing profile is how much timing boost is used. For blinky, you have to use timing profile 1, but throttle profile can be changed. Think of throttle profile as throttle expo or throttle curve. It doesn't affect motor timing at all.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Will changing my minimum throttle setting change how smooth my kit is off the line? I think if I lower it, it will give me a couple extra steps of low throttle? Right now I have it at the default 3. Anyone running it lower then that? Looking to lighten the pop you get when you first touch the trigger on a 2wd buggy.

I'm also using concave throttle curve as well.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Having a problem with my rs, i have tried 2 different motors and getting the same concern. At full throttle( all lights on n blinking) i get full boost and turbo and the my motor starts to lose power or will hiccup and lose power to a point that it feels like its in blinky mode. I have tried 2 motors17.5's , different sensor cable, rebinded remote, turned down all my settings to a lower boost n turbo.......
And tried different batteries

Esc?

Any ideas yall?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This can be a few things. What motor is it? Are you testing this in the air?
Old 06-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

1st motor is tekin 17.5 sensored, second one is older novak 17.5 sensored

noticed this first on the ground but when you pick up in the air it will also do it. Full power the car will slowly die/slow down. i have changed timing to next to nothing and still does it.... i have no idea!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This may have been discussed already but I would like to use your advise.
I currently set my RS TP = 3 then adjust throttle curve by M11x's exp and arc.

Do you guys adjust TP by RS or your radio? or may be both?

Case1: RS TP = 3, Radio Exp and Arc adjusted to advance.
Case2: RS TP = 5, Radio exp and other throttle adjust meant flat.
Case3: Both of above.

Thank you for your sharing.

Takeshi
Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This may have been discussed already but I would like to use your advise.
I currently set my RS TP = 3 then adjust throttle curve by M11x's exp and arc.

Do you guys adjust TP by RS or your radio? or may be both?

Case1: RS TP = 3, Radio Exp and Arc adjusted to advance.
Case2: RS TP = 5, Radio exp and other throttle adjust meant flat.
Case3: Both of above.

Thank you for your sharing.

Takeshi
Old 06-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CloseYetFar
Will changing my minimum throttle setting change how smooth my kit is off the line? I think if I lower it, it will give me a couple extra steps of low throttle? Right now I have it at the default 3. Anyone running it lower then that? Looking to lighten the pop you get when you first touch the trigger on a 2wd buggy.

I'm also using concave throttle curve as well.
Ok so I did some testing and answered my own question. I tried to use minimum throttle to make the throttle smoother. This does not seem to work. When the minimum throttle is too high it makes the kit jump and spin it's tires. When I make the minimum throttle to low it's like having a neutral width that is too big. You get too the first steps of throttle and nothing happens because there is not enough current to move the kit yet. Making these extra steps useless. i set mine back to three and it works well.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

My RS Pro was working fine with 212 installed. I updated to 223 and now it just shows leds 1,2 6 and 7 like the wrong motor type is selected. I tried different motors and sensor wires even went back to 212 and nothing. Anyone else have this? It is set to BL/FW and nada. Lastly I hooked up my GTB and it works fine.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSPOT
Having a problem with my rs, i have tried 2 different motors and getting the same concern. At full throttle( all lights on n blinking) i get full boost and turbo and the my motor starts to lose power or will hiccup and lose power to a point that it feels like its in blinky mode. I have tried 2 motors17.5's , different sensor cable, rebinded remote, turned down all my settings to a lower boost n turbo.......
And tried different batteries

Esc?

Any ideas yall?
Are you able to calibrate the speedy? I had something the same except I couldn't set the speedy up. It would not accept full throttle. I reset my radio back to factory settings and started from scratch. It worked.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt
My RS Pro was working fine with 212 installed. I updated to 223 and now it just shows leds 1,2 6 and 7 like the wrong motor type is selected. I tried different motors and sensor wires even went back to 212 and nothing. Anyone else have this? It is set to BL/FW and nada. Lastly I hooked up my GTB and it works fine.
Please perform a factory reset on the unit, retest.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Please perform a factory reset on the unit, retest.
Thanks Randy just tried that too and nothing. I will send it in it. It should be under warranty. What is the process?
Old 06-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

What is a good starting point for an 8.5T on carpet 110ft straight in a TC. I was thinking around starting at 8 FDR and slowly adding boost and decreasing the FDR? Does this sound ok? What is a typical rpm range I should looking at?

I am a pan car racer, first time out of blinky with a TC. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just curious how the factory replacement works. I have an rs that seems to work but the a post will get so hot it desolders itself. Do i just send it in with a cheque or does somone from tekin contact me for payment ect?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.