Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 02-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Suggestion for Tekin: Rather than just a steady blink, blink the version number.

Just throwing it out there.

-Mike
We've considered something like this. I still want mine to do the "Night Rider" back and forth while sitting at "idle." lol Serious!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We've considered something like this. I still want mine to do the "Night Rider" back and forth while sitting at "idle." lol Serious!
That or the Cylon eye
Old 02-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

... That would be cool enough for me to tone down my "blinky sucks" attitude.

A tiny bit that is.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Con
Tech Adept

Eskimogangsta was not the only one that had problems with the brakes..I did too. Now that the purpose of the softer brakes has been explained,i can see how it would help in offroad or even onroad with med traction. However the track I race on has very high grip and you can use very strong brakes at the end of the straight. I too was being punted at the end of the straight.I ended up driving offline to avoid this. In the infeild the brakes were too strong but I couldnt turn them down because of the streight.
My VTA car was great..blinky brakes workd fine.It only is an issue with turbo. I think that there was a sweeper onto the straight componded the problem(the straight effectivly became 130-140feet long)...the cars were sceaming down the straight
Mike Ivy- I tried to max out my EPA settings...no change
Randy- I like the night rider lights idea.....223??
Eskimogangsta-are we racing at the same track?...Lou's speedway?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey EskimoGangsta,

Not sure if this will help,But what kind of radio do yo have? maybe you need to Adj your EPA setting's on your Radio try maxing out the EPA setting as an experiment I wont hurt to try.

Hope this helps
Trust me, i've tried EVERY POSSIBLE THING. and its a dx3. and ive even tried going out of boundaries to make sure i got all possible braking and still nadda.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Con
Eskimogangsta was not the only one that had problems with the brakes..I did too. Now that the purpose of the softer brakes has been explained,i can see how it would help in offroad or even onroad with med traction. However the track I race on has very high grip and you can use very strong brakes at the end of the straight. I too was being punted at the end of the straight.I ended up driving offline to avoid this. In the infeild the brakes were too strong but I couldnt turn them down because of the streight.
My VTA car was great..blinky brakes workd fine.It only is an issue with turbo. I think that there was a sweeper onto the straight componded the problem(the straight effectivly became 130-140feet long)...the cars were sceaming down the straight
Mike Ivy- I tried to max out my EPA settings...no change
Randy- I like the night rider lights idea.....223??
Eskimogangsta-are we racing at the same track?...Lou's speedway?
Why yes we were. i'm Darren Stoner.

I believe your dave right?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Con
Tech Adept

Nope. Name is Con VanGalen
Old 02-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Con
Nope. Name is Con VanGalen
Ahh cool. be sure to say hi next time i'm down. i'm going prob on the 4th. 1 last test before the mall race.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

also talked to my buddy who races indoor offroad 2wd buggy on carpet and he also said he was lacking brakes. so it's just a super high traction problem in general with brakes. so a high traction brake option would be sick.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM
GFT
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dear Randy,

I will be attending TITC 2012 in Thailand next week on Monday. Will the new software be ready for this event. If the layout is anti clockwise, then there this is one braking point which is exceptionally important to have strong reliable brake. The current 212 firmware lacks power in terms what 222 have to offer. It is the brake that is troubling me.

I really hope there is one release before I fly off to Bangkok, Thailand on Monday.

Thank you

sc

Ok guys, if you're trying to download 222 right now and can't here's why.

Sensorless operation was inadvertintly turned off in this version which is often done during testing. So should your sensor harness come unplugged during a run or if you're trying to use the esc with a sensorless motor it will not function properly. We omit the sensorless start routine during testing so we can tell if sensored only is working . Otherwise our cool dual mode tricks even us at times.

Also, we are adding a new active brake setting for the RS/RSPro that will feel more like V212 in super boosted setups at high rpms. So for those of you that feel that the 222 brakes are a bit weak at the end of the straight away this will give you the additional brake power you're looking for. In classes like 2wd offroad 212 brakes had room for improvement in feel and modulation. Now that spec racing is becoming more popular the team felt that the added driveability of the 222 brakes made for faster laptimes, something we're always looking to improve.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EskimoGangsta
Trust me, i've tried EVERY POSSIBLE THING. and its a dx3. and ive even tried going out of boundaries to make sure i got all possible braking and still nadda.
it is a transmitter problem , there was 2 of us with DX3s's at my local track running to older software , when we swapped to M11x's we never had a moments problems with brakes

See if you can borrow a transmitter from someone to try
Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's good to hear the Tekin are going to fix the BRAKING issue by giving us more BRAKES so the we don't get OUT-BRAKED at the end of the straight.

Can the new KITT software include a suave, but slightly haughty voice to help us remember that, before I BREAK another keyboard with frustration??!!!

I'm starting the campaign to have the Knight Rider lights, and call the software KITT 2012 - Vegas now seems so last year!!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
it is a transmitter problem , there was 2 of us with DX3s's at my local track running to older software , when we swapped to M11x's we never had a moments problems with brakes

See if you can borrow a transmitter from someone to try
Agreed, I was running the new software this past weekend with my M11x and had plenty of brakes (dialed it back a bit even).

Thanks Tekin for another great update!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
That or the Cylon eye
Cylon FTW!!!! Good call Gadgt, Galactica rules!!!

I guess we can share in our nerdiness,
Old 02-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

pretty please on the "knight rider"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.