Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Mike Haynes built a 200mph 13.5 car?! Wouldn't surprise me at all....Have you seen his 13.5 car? It's STUPID fast to begin with! lol
Sorry, was making a joke. His boosted 13.5 car was literally the fastest thing I've ever seen on carpet. Even an unboosted 3.5 probably wouldn't go that fast.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Randy,

can you give an RMA# I haven't got a reply back from tekin.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Randy,

Kim,
It takes a day or two for them to respond.
What time did you email Tekin?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Yesterday..
Old 02-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it possible to choose which firmware you want to run?

For example, if you're currently running the latest firmware, could you roll back your firmware to an older version?

Sometimes the latest firmware isnt the most efficient firmware...Being an iPhone user, I know.

Also, if I bought a brand new RS today, would it already be updated to the latest firmware?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Power band going flat

Hey Randy

Hope you can help a few of us at our local track are having some issues with our cars going flat about 3 minutes into a race. We are running the rs with the latest firmware in a 12th scale 17.5 ( duo 2)1 cell ( boosted Novak) medium size track rolled out at 81-82, temps come off at 120-140. Hope there is enough info here if not please let me know. Thanking you in advance,

TomasB

Last edited by Tomasb; 03-01-2011 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Error on info
Old 03-01-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by looklikeaflip

For example, if you're currently running the latest firmware, could you roll back your firmware to an older version?

Sometimes the latest firmware isnt the most efficient firmware...Being an iPhone user, I know.

Also, if I bought a brand new RS today, would it already be updated to the latest firmware?
no you cant go back anymore,no the rs comes with v180 you need to update it
Old 03-01-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cvlooper
This DID help! Thanks. Fully functioning RS now with sensor wire plugged in. Endbell screws are just barely tight enough.

Didn't notice any substantial differences in the car running with vs w/o the sensor wire plugged in. Is that normal? Thought there would be something different in the way it performed.

Maybe check your endbell screws as well. IDK...worked for me...
I will try this when I get home from work and report back whether it worked or not.
So, does this indicate that tightening up the screws is applying to much pressure to the sensor board? Has to be some reasonable explanation... and resulting fix other than leaving the screws loose.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just had the news I didnt want to here over here in the UK in that the BRCA is not allowing the Trinity EPIC Duo2 in this years national events.

As such on the look out for a new motor. Problem I have is that no where over here stocks the Duo3, postage from the states to the UK is high at the moment and I know i'd get stung 20% income duty to.

So, Im looking at maybe going over to use the SpeedPassion V3 13.5R.

do any of you Tekin guys out there use this combo (Tekin RSPro + SP V3 13.5r) ? If so is it good, as in punch and speed, but also in longevity (as in have the motors lasted you well, so far my Duo2 is over a year old and still ballistic) ?

thanks for the info guys.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Randy,

as Randy posted just a couple post before yours. email or live chat. not this forum. and Live chat during business hours.

Originally Posted by looklikeaflip

you would have to install an older version of the software on your computer and then you can flash to an older version. but if you are running any spec mode classes, you have to run v212.

on, new rs/rs pros come with 189. i am sure that is straight from manufacturing. to have a version change in the process probably take more time, effort, and money.

Originally Posted by Tomasb
Hey Randy

Hope you can help a few of us at our local track are having some issues with our cars going flat about 3 minutes into a race. We are running the rs with the latest firmware in a 12th scale 17.5 ( duo 2)1 cell ( boosted Novak) medium size track rolled out at 81-82, temps come off at 120-140. Hope there is enough info here if not please let me know. Thanking you in advance,

TomasB
with an N motor in 1s, i have never been able to run the setup made for Duo based motors. most of the time, the motor goes flat. it seams that the N motors just do not take the timing as well. it seams to work better with a little less timing in the speed, a little more on the motor and a wider rpm range.

Originally Posted by cvlooper
Didn't notice any substantial differences in the car running with vs w/o the sensor wire plugged in. Is that normal? Thought there would be something different in the way it performed.
you can use the rs to check your sensors are reading. just look at the LED and roll the motor, you should see 3 led flash as the sensor is being read. you will have to roll the motor slow or you may not be able to see it. and if you are running any kind of spec more, you need to get rid of the blinky mode lights. they make it hard to see the leds for the sensors, i usually just turn the trim up on my throttle until the lights stop blinking. be sure to turn the trim back down when you are down.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jo90uk
Just had the news I didnt want to here over here in the UK in that the BRCA is not allowing the Trinity EPIC Duo2 in this years national events.

As such on the look out for a new motor. Problem I have is that no where over here stocks the Duo3, postage from the states to the UK is high at the moment and I know i'd get stung 20% income duty to.

do any of you Tekin guys out there use this combo (Tekin RSPro + SP V3 13.5r) ? If so is it good, as in punch and speed, but also in longevity (as in have the motors lasted you well, so far my Duo2 is over a year old and still ballistic) ?

mate, get an X12 motor and be done with it, fastest thing you'll hook up to a tekin right now by a mile.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Sending PM.

EA
Old 03-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Buy a couple of motors with your mates to split shipping and get Duo3s. Just my $0.02.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tomasb
Hey Randy

TomasB
I need more setup info than that. Boosters or rx packs? What motors? Esc settings?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Buy a couple of motors with your mates to split shipping and get Duo3s. Just my $0.02.
I got him covered. Shipping is not much as long as you use right service!

But yes you are correct. The more you order the cheaper the shipping is when split up for sure!

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.