Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 12-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

again I HAVE tried other motors.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

well thanks any way I guess noone can help and Tekin is too hard to talk to over the phone,since i haven't heard back since i let a message on wednesday.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Harry,

From the sounds of it you may have a radio issue. I would like you to perform the checks I'm asking.

If we do NOT see the same nuetral setting we were calibrated with we will not arm, we will not drive the motor,etc. We will show you some led movement but again we will do nothing until the nuetral requirement is met.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

randy dit you contact hara if he runs mod with the tekin?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

What checks are you wanting me to do?
Old 12-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Hairy I've helped you before.

There should be 6 positions not 5. This is from the rotor finding it's place in between the 3 "slots" of the motor on the N/S of the rotor.

That being said if the motor will not start from a stop I'd wager you have a bad sensor board in the motor since you've swapped harness's.

You also have a bit too much timing for the setup. You should try your boost around 45 and turbo around 10. This of course will not fix your issues.

I would like to see you try setting your start rpm to 5442 and end to 20,000 to see if this changes anything.

Have you used the RS's sensor checker feature to verify you're getting all 3 led's to cycle on/off?

changed timing to 0 boost at 45 and turbo @10

Reset the RPM's

All three led's cyccle on and off in sequence.

Still no change, on a side note I reset the the speedo to the transmitter each time.and set the throttle at 90% and 95 % and then ran it up to 120% after the reset.
Question: if it was my radio then If I tried a different on then it should work right? I have an 3pk and it dosen't work with that one either.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
[/COLOR]

changed timing to 0 boost at 45 and turbo @10

Reset the RPM's

All three led's cyccle on and off in sequence.

Still no change, on a side note I reset the the speedo to the transmitter each time.and set the throttle at 90% and 95 % and then ran it up to 120% after the reset.
Question: if it was my radio then If I tried a different on then it should work right? I have an 3pk and it dosen't work with that one either.
Did you try switching receivers?
Old 12-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

yes
Old 12-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hairy,

Are you positive your battery is fine? I've got a Protek that was flaky, until a cell finally crapped out. That doesn't really explain the whole "it gets stuck in a couple positions" problem, but something like that seems like it'd be hard to narrow down, so it might be a red herring.

Have you tried putting the speedo on timing profile zero (spec no timing), with an FDR of ~4.5, calibrating your radio by the book, without any end-point bumping tricks, and a neutral width of like 25, and see if it works properly? I'd start there, and if it doesn't work properly, borrow a known-good battery.

With you on your 3rd speedo, and seemingly no-one else having the same problems, I just can't believe that the problem isn't something strange you're doing with your setup. And by "your setup", I don't just mean ESC settings. I also mean your FDR, your radio and receiver, the way you calibrate things, your battery, your servo, even your driving. I think you'll have better luck sorting it out if you go back to basics on the ESC and motor, and really flush out the other variables one at a time, focusing on ones you haven't given too much attention to yet.

-Mike
Old 12-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Where can I find out how to use the pre programmed settings WITHOUT using a computer or laptop. I want to use the settings 1 - 5 without a hotwire. Plus I need to know what the setting are for the non custom settings 1 - 5.

thanks.... I cant seem to find the info on the teamtekin.com site.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Adept

look ad the tekin site by hotwire and download the 208 explayned file.
there is the info.
the settings are under the throttle settings on your speedo.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Hairy,

Are you positive your battery is fine? I've got a Protek that was flaky, until a cell finally crapped out. That doesn't really explain the whole "it gets stuck in a couple positions" problem, but something like that seems like it'd be hard to narrow down, so it might be a red herring.

Have you tried putting the speedo on timing profile zero (spec no timing), with an FDR of ~4.5, calibrating your radio by the book, without any end-point bumping tricks, and a neutral width of like 25, and see if it works properly? I'd start there, and if it doesn't work properly, borrow a known-good battery.

With you on your 3rd speedo, and seemingly no-one else having the same problems, I just can't believe that the problem isn't something strange you're doing with your setup. And by "your setup", I don't just mean ESC settings. I also mean your FDR, your radio and receiver, the way you calibrate things, your battery, your servo, even your driving. I think you'll have better luck sorting it out if you go back to basics on the ESC and motor, and really flush out the other variables one at a time, focusing on ones you haven't given too much attention to yet.

-Mike
The speedo is fried, ANd if it is my set up then this speedo is WAY too fragile.I am not trying anything out of the ordinary as far as settings and yes I have tried new a new speedo and the motor runs without ANY problems. I have tried different receivers and radios. I have recalibrated by the book.The FDR is what the rest of the people at my track are running. I am in the ballpark on that. As far a the batteries I have no problems with the two packs if I run an LRP speedo, in fact I have NO problems if I run the Lrp I have.
And I have been "flushing" the other variables and it all keeps coming back to the Speedo shorting out in the sensor. I have sent the unit back to Tekin and I don't knoew if they have even looked at it to try and determine waht is wrong,they won't tell me anything they just send me a new one.I know it's in the speed because one I used last weekend (from a friend) has also gone the same way. If it is my set up than Someone please tell me how my radio can short out a speedo.How can my FDR short out a speedo. How can my receiver short out a speedo. I didn't have ANY of these problems untill I up graded to V212, Andit can't get V208 back.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am curious to know if anyone else had/has cogging/hesitation issues with 208 vs 203?...

I've been away from rc for a few months but my last race meeting was using 208 software but I found it had issues when accelerating out of corners with hesitation/cogging... I went back to 203 and using the EXACT same settings and gearing, the problem disappears... I know 212 is out now but haven't had a chance to try it yet
Old 12-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

no it is not your setup.
as your clubmembers run the same setup withoud problems, than there is something els.
do you use the same radio settings fir the throttle?

as they send you a new one. update it withe the v208 or v203.
there is something outside the speedo that causes tge problems.
as you use a speedo from someone els and the same thing happens than is it not the speedo.
open your reciever and clean it. there can be durt in it. this can cause problems for signall and speedo.
it costed me 2 lrp speedo's.
so check everything around your speedo. also your servo and wires.
there is something els than the setup or speedo.

still would i go for an other setup.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
I am curious to know if anyone else had/has cogging/hesitation issues with 208 vs 203?...

I've been away from rc for a few months but my last race meeting was using 208 software but I found it had issues when accelerating out of corners with hesitation/cogging... I went back to 203 and using the EXACT same settings and gearing, the problem disappears... I know 212 is out now but haven't had a chance to try it yet
i never used the 208 but update it to the 212 and see what happens.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.