Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Hi
What track do you run at in QLD, maybe I can help you out, send me a pm with your phone number.

Regards
Gary

Originally Posted by jjfo80
Yeah mate I shouldnt have said that lol.... this is a brand new motor straight out of the box besides running in the brushes. Its had no work at all besides that.
Its confusing thats for sure.... Yeah your right tho if the motor was abused I would understand it would be time to change it but its new so I didnt think I would have any problem. Any other ideas STLNLST?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Running in brushes???? What motor do you have?
Its a silver can johnson 540....
Old 10-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah mate I shouldnt have said that lol.... this is a brand new motor straight out of the box besides running in the brushes. Its had no work at all besides that.
Its confusing thats for sure.... Yeah your right tho if the motor was abused I would understand it would be time to change it but its new so I didnt think I would have any problem. Any other ideas STLNLST?
A friend of mine tried this the other week.The brushless speedi converted to brushlees doesn't seem to have as good a brakes as a brushed only speedi.These motors don't have grate brakes like a more powerfull motor.also the hotter a motor gets the less brakes you have.
colin
Old 10-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darrenoakley
hope this helps thanks to novak for supplying it on request. Attatched pdf guys
Thanks! Easy modification to do track side. Booster works fine with the Tekin now. No more brown outs!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by colin storey
A friend of mine tried this the other week.The brushless speedi converted to brushlees doesn't seem to have as good a brakes as a brushed only speedi.These motors don't have grate brakes like a more powerfull motor.also the hotter a motor gets the less brakes you have.
colin
Yeah mate your right and thats what I have come up with too... I have tried everything you can do on both speedie and radio and no difference....

Thanks everyone for the help I will let the new guy run with it like it is as he seems to love it as the car itself is so smooth and the rs is great except for limited brakes...

Still has great feel in driving the rs with the johnson 540 just a little slow on the brake side.. not to worry. cheers again guys
Old 10-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSM Storm
Hi
What track do you run at in QLD, maybe I can help you out, send me a pm with your phone number.

Regards
Gary
Hey Gary i live in toowoomba and race around up here in a small club. Once I get a little more setup with my gear I will be down to have a run around brissy for sure... Not long to wait now lol.....

I will keep in contact as a face to the name will be good.
cheers for your help mate.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Regional Moderator

What's new/improved in V2.12, besides Spec Mode?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

212 has new features:

Minimum Throttle: This setting will take ANY deadband out of the throttle feel. Going up increases the punch feel.

Minimum Brake: Takes away any gap from nuetral to brake transition.

Better more improved brakes....

Last edited by Randy_Pike; 10-18-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
212 has new features:

Minimum Throttle: This setting will take ANY deadband out of the throttle feel. Going up increases the punch feel.

Stronger brakes. Much stronger brakes, much stronger.
what, when i was only away for 1 day !!

whan is it ready ??
Old 10-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys im looking for a good starting point for mod tc on carpet .the track has a 100ft back strait med to high bite traction. i'm wanting to run a 5.5 novak motor.
any help would be great
Old 10-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hey guys I have read thru a few pages but havent came across this as yet.

I have a futaba 2.4ghz stick radio with a 603ff rx running with a tekin rs and a simple johnson 540 silver can. I am teaching a new guy about learning how to gear a engine and driving style as the engine is very forgiving for treating it like shit and still working but heres my problem,

I have the hotwire and updated the firmware to vegas 208 set the transmitter trims and sub trims all to zero and 100% where they need to be. Cal'ed the tx to the speedo and the speedo is getting full brake signal and full throttle signal but heres the catch. I have full throttle but the engine is not getting full brake even tho the lights on the speedo is telling me it is by scaling down and then flashing all the lights to say yes I have full brake.

I went to the hotwire and set everything up by having 100% brake strength no push control and a custom throttle profile. and still the same thing.
But if I move the brake strength to 0% I notice the engine doesnt even think of wanting to try and slow down but put it back to 100% and you can here the engine wanting to slow down but no where near strong enough to stop the car.

Can anyone point me in some direction please.
Cheers
Ian
Same history in my case. Using RS Pro, 2.08 soft, with new HPI Firebolt 15T brushed motor. No brakes at all. Will try to update to 2.12 and see is there any changes on brakes side...
Old 10-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

What and where is V2.12?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
212 has new features:

Stronger brakes. Much stronger brakes, much stronger.
Brakes are like going from single piston front/drum rear brakes to 8 piston Brembo's all around!! You can screech the tires on asphalt! LOL

EA
Old 10-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Brakes are like going from single piston front/drum rear brakes to 8 piston Brembo's all around!! You can screech the tires on asphalt! LOL

EA
I could do that before. I'm going to have to put wheels on my roof now cause it's going make the car flip.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA

WHERE IS IT !!!!

i need it for the weekend in my 1/12th

AWSOME development guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.