Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckloo
What kind of cap i should look foward ?
Why are you looking for a solution to a problem you don't have? Your temps are fine. Relax, and drive the car.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
do LRP or Hobbywing have a MAC or Iphone program ???

it wouldn't stop me buying the RS or RS pro GREAT SPEEDOS !!!!
I don't need a computer at all to get the most out of LRP or Hobbywing. I know, i know - the RS Pro got onboard programs with 208, but we all know that they don't push it to the limit. I won't be getting the most out of my speedo.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nilks
I don't need a computer at all to get the most out of LRP or Hobbywing. I know, i know - the RS Pro got onboard programs with 208, but we all know that they don't push it to the limit. I won't be getting the most out of my speedo.
I understand where you are coming from but I can get a netbook for less than an IPhone. In fact, I can get one for less than one of the other top speedos costs so it's a non issue for me.

Don't expect an app any time soon. It's not a matter of just writing some code unfortunately.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Dude, you can get a used small laptop with XP on it for $50.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I understand where you are coming from but I can get a netbook for less than an IPhone. In fact, I can get one for less than one of the other top speedos costs so it's a non issue for me.

Don't expect an app any time soon. It's not a matter of just writing some code unfortunately.
The iPhone has a block and is not possiable for Tekin to write a program for it.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A Mac is just an overpriced PC with one extra little chip that allows it to legally run OSX. Just do a dual boot with XP or Windows 7.

I prefer using Ubuntu, but it doesn't do everything I need it to do, so I occasionally have to boot into windows for work, to play games or to adjust my ESC. OSX is no different. It doesn't do everything and likely never will.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
He doesn't have drag brake, in fact he was running push.

tallyrc is running a Duo2 which has very little "drag brake effect".

Jason, what FDR were you running last night?
same as for the invitational.. in the 5.5 range so it shouldn't be a gearing issue.. or it should at least be minimalized compared to the 6.5 or so i used to run..
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
i just re read it,when adding throttle just a little you could be taking push off and finding a more center throttle position causing the motor to drag,that could be the funny issue
i'm running tp-5 which should be pretty exponential.. are you saying if i actually let off all the way i'm better off than than only letting up a little? does the push setting push harder or longer the higher the value? why should there be ANY more drag effect if it is OFF?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is the best netbook for the money to run Hotwire? I am not having any luck using my 6 year old computer. I have decided to get a cheap laptop or netbook. Preferably netbook because the less junk I drag to the track the better I heard walmart "as much as I hate them" has good netbooks for 200.00 anybody know if its any good? Why did rc racing have to get so techy
Old 07-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by dmatter
Why did rc racing have to get so techy
It has been for years. You used to not only need the laptop but a Dyno too. Add to that battery matchers and everything else. Racing is a technological sport.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nilks
This question have possibly already been answered. I was thinking about buying a Tekin RS Pro for the next indoor season, but a deal-breaker for me, is that there are no Mac- or iPhone- HotWire software. I have seen the "prototype" iPhone HotWire, but it isn't out yet.

Are there going to be a Mac- or iPhone- HotWire before the indoor-season?

If not, I have to go Blue or HobbyWing
I'd highly recommend you look at running the Tekin software within a Windows Virtual Machine. For MacOS there are two popular virtualization software packages:

#1 http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/
#2 http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

Today I run Tekin Hot Wire within Windows XP 32-bit, running within the free VMware Player ontop of my Lenovo S10 running Ubuntu Linux. I'm not the biggest fan of Windows OS... nor would I even think about bringing an expensive Mac laptop to the track. Inexpensive netbooks are great for the track (or really just about any time of personal computing)
Old 07-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
i'm running tp-5 which should be pretty exponential.. are you saying if i actually let off all the way i'm better off than than only letting up a little? does the push setting push harder or longer the higher the value? why should there be ANY more drag effect if it is OFF?
the more drag is if you used drag brake,it is stronger in 208 than 203,if you have a higher number yes the longer it takes before neutral come back,i pretty sure if you don't let off the throttle push wont come in
Old 07-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I posted last week about problems with set-up for a 21.5 sportsman touring class (open, just NO TURBO BOOST, timing boost OK). My post was an hour before 208 was available so the topic changed very quickly. I have 208, 21.5 tekin motor, asphalt track 100ft x 50ft. I have been going by advice from the other Tekin users at the track ( and nothing is working for me, I have melted a few motors already w 203, now I have brand new Tekin 21.5, it has came off track at 198f about 3 times now in last 2 meets trying to get it figured out). I have tried gearing from 5.1 to 6.7..... I am not using drag or push, I have had timing boost vary from 45-55 ( by advice, others all use MAX). I am mad slow down back straight, Once I thought I had it right, the car was crazy fast for @ 8 laps then crazy slow, off at 198f. That time at 6.1 max timing. Please help, I have had nothing but problems and melted motors trying to get situated since 203. I want to keep up with the others on the straight, most have tekins, a couple MMP, SP ect. It has been fine in infield through all FDRs. I know I am doing something wrong, and before you ask I have a EVO V and TRF416, both super smooth drivetrains, no binding... THANKS SORRY SO LONG
Old 07-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by AUDI 0000
I posted last week about problems with set-up for a 21.5 sportsman touring class (open, just NO TURBO BOOST, timing boost OK). My post was an hour before 208 was available so the topic changed very quickly. I have 208, 21.5 tekin motor, asphalt track 100ft x 50ft. I have been going by advice from the other Tekin users at the track ( and nothing is working for me, I have melted a few motors already w 203, now I have brand new Tekin 21.5, it has came off track at 198f about 3 times now in last 2 meets trying to get it figured out). I have tried gearing from 5.1 to 6.7..... I am not using drag or push, I have had timing boost vary from 45-55 ( by advice, others all use MAX). I am mad slow down back straight, Once I thought I had it right, the car was crazy fast for @ 8 laps then crazy slow, off at 198f. That time at 6.1 max timing. Please help, I have had nothing but problems and melted motors trying to get situated since 203. I want to keep up with the others on the straight, most have tekins, a couple MMP, SP ect. It has been fine in infield through all FDRs. I know I am doing something wrong, and before you ask I have a EVO V and TRF416, both super smooth drivetrains, no binding... THANKS SORRY SO LONG
What rpm ranges? That is probably where the problem lies.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUDI 0000
what wingracer said,and post your entire setup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.