Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default C-Ratings

Given that I cant find anything in regards to this in the last 1000 pages or so.

Do any of you think that there is any advantage with a higher C rating with the RS / RS Pro. As due to the timing increase can they draw more than your average 20-25C battery can supply? Should we/I be looking for a 40-50 C battery just to keep the RS happy?
Old 06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vazzo
I have an issue with brakes as well. I'm running the rs pro with a 10.5 duo1 I have set the epa to 140 and then upped it to 150 after calibration, it's set to 100 on the speedy and still no brakes. The radio I'm using is the KO Eurus. Hope someone out there has a cure as I dont particularly want to run a Hobbywing
Make VERY sure your ABS is turned off. Also to verify your radio is calibrating properly while full brakes are on ALL the led's should flash. Do they?

Yes, the RS can hit the lower grade batteries hard enough for you to tell the difference. I'd suggest nothing lower than 30c if I was shopping. Mod cars need a bit more.

Last edited by Randy_Pike; 06-14-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I remember reading awhile back that the mod guys sometimes have to run 2 capacitors...I was thinking on trying that myself so I was wondering how they are wired, series or parallel?

Thanks
Are you having heat issues? You only do this if the ESC is getting too hot. And you hook them up in parallel to answer your question.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
start end rpm
8000 end RPM and about a 2500 start RPM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pakk
Are you having heat issues? You only do this if the ESC is getting too hot. And you hook them up in parallel to answer your question.
I think I may be and have been thinking that could be what has been causing my turbo fade. ESC temp'd at over 150 this weekend and my friend's one that thermaled was only about 160.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Make VERY sure your ABS is turned off. Also to verify your radio is calibrating properly while full brakes are on ALL the led's should flash. Do they?

Yes, the RS can hit the lower grade batteries hard enough for you to tell the difference. I'd suggest nothing lower than 30c if I was shopping. Mod cars need a bit more.
Hi Randy

Pretty sure ABS is off it says Width is set to "OFF" so I assume everything else in the ABS menu is not in use when width is off. I recalibrated both throttle and brakes by setting it to 90 and already the car sounds more powerful and brakes seem stronger so Ill make sure I get to the track to test under load.

Thanks again to STL and Randy.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 06-15-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vazzo
Hi Randy

Pretty sure ABS is off it says Width is set to "OFF" so I assume everything else in the ABS menu is not in use when width is off. I recalibrated both throttle and brakes by setting it to 90 and already the car sounds more powerful and brakes seem stronger so Ill make sure I get to the track to test under load.

Thanks again to STL and Randy.

Cheers
Adrian
Glad to hear this helped. I did a lot of testing with the KO radio and this was the only way to have the radio hold it's settings.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think I may be and have been thinking that could be what has been causing my turbo fade. ESC temp'd at over 150 this weekend and my friend's one that thermaled was only about 160.
Where are you temping this? Understand that the RS has an onboard temp inidication via the leds! This is by FAR more accurate as this is the micros temp which is what's important. Thermal is all 7 led's lit solid which is around 240f.

If someone were to have a bad cap this will cause excessive esc heat. Cheap and poor quality batteries will also work the esc harder.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
Is the new software just for spec racing ?? I hope not as I thought it was an upgade for the poor brakes as well. I race 10.5 and need all the timing boost plus I hope new brake software .
i have just started to run the 10.5 but have experianced the break problem for the first time

but if you tune your esc you can get rid of that and easily lock them up
Old 06-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Randy, what is the current turnaround time for RS repair (or replacement) looking like?

We have our big summer invitational race on July 17th so I hope I can get it back by then.

Last edited by M-Technic; 06-15-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Randy, what is the current turnaround time for RS repair (or replacement) looking like?

We have our big summer invitational race on July 17th so I hope I can get it back by then.
Better get it in the mail then. Mine took 3 weeks... just got it back Friday.

Last edited by TimPotter; 06-15-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
hi it is on 4dot how much timing boost should i take away
Most of the guys at the local track running the X12 17.5 use the 3 dot insert (-5deg), start rpm around 7xxx, and end rpm around 15xxx. Boost 32, turbo 10, delay about 0.1-0.3secs. Gearing FDR around 5.5-5.8 for a smallish track.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
i have just started to run the 10.5 but have experianced the break problem for the first time

but if you tune your esc you can get rid of that and easily lock them up
I'd appreciate any tips you have for me in regards to tuning the ESC for more brakes! :P
Old 06-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Where are you temping this? Understand that the RS has an onboard temp inidication via the leds! This is by FAR more accurate as this is the micros temp which is what's important. Thermal is all 7 led's lit solid which is around 240f.

If someone were to have a bad cap this will cause excessive esc heat. Cheap and poor quality batteries will also work the esc harder.
Well I've tried pretty much everything else and have never been able to get rid of the turbo fade issue...rebinding, transmitter endpoint drift, turned the ESC posts out to get it to cool better...nothing worked. The unit itself doesn't indicate a thermal. We temped both my friend's RS that did thermal and mine just shooting at the label on the top of the case and measuring there his was temping around 160 and mine at 150. Since I bought a bunch of extra caps I figured I'd give that a try and see what happens. The pack I am using is a good quality Trinity pack so that should not be an issue.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Well I've tried pretty much everything else and have never been able to get rid of the turbo fade issue...rebinding, transmitter endpoint drift, turned the ESC posts out to get it to cool better...nothing worked. The unit itself doesn't indicate a thermal. We temped both my friend's RS that did thermal and mine just shooting at the label on the top of the case and measuring there his was temping around 160 and mine at 150. Since I bought a bunch of extra caps I figured I'd give that a try and see what happens. The pack I am using is a good quality Trinity pack so that should not be an issue.
so what do you notice when the turbo fades? is it like when you are on the back straight when the car reaches the speed the turbo needs to kick in, and then it starts stuttering? or does it just not go into turbo anymore and drives a calm speed? if the first problem, i solved that by getting a fresh sensorboard..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.