Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent S400 Vs Tc5

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i will definately vote for serpent s400.....it's a great car...stability, part are quite cheap if compare with cyclone n tamiya...most important is their support is awesome!!....good service...
Old 04-21-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
Yo Steve, I'm not Chris. Anyway, having owned a TC5, running it hard every weekend for 4-months straight, I have the option to speak my mind regarding my experiences with the TC5.

For example, if anyone was to compare a TC5 to an XRay '008 after 3-months of racing, which car would have required more work from breakage and worn parts, and which car would be in the best overall condition (less slop, overall wear)? Answer = Xray.Conversely, which cars parts cost less, and which are easier to get? Answer = Associated.

Besides, I wasn't exactly bashing the TC5, and I have recommended the TC5 a number of times. Every single car has Pro's and Con's.

Steve, a number of your local mates run Corally. Do you recommend Corally to anyone? They sure don't get mentioned much on the board here. Unfortunately, at this time I won't recommended a Corally to anyone since the Suspension Arms are like glass, and have been for some time, just like Schumacher. What good is a car if you can't finish a race. The TC5 stock f/r hubs and steering blocks won't take much abuse before breaking.

That is the beauty of a discussion in which a poster asked for an opinion. My opinion is based on personal experiences and preferences.
Kelly correct?I have raced at mikes several most guys there know me and the corally a arm thing is in the past,again the tc5 is a very good car i am fine with opinons but when they come from sportsman driver with little experience that only pushes 1 brand not biased?You figure it out
Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Team Solid Snake!!

Being a Serpentor since Aug 08 and winnin' club races here I think/believe/feel that this kit is for me. I now have 7 s400 kits but I only use 1, the rest are for spares...My Primary with an SPv1.1 esc and sp BL motor+ SMC4000 lipo batts on it., This kit is by far the best there is............... http://sites.google.com/site/saudiarabiarcclub/Home

Last edited by sandrixx; 08-02-2009 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Buy the Serpent. It's Orange.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Tech Champion

I know of one Serpent team driver in the UK who decided to switch over to a Schumacher drive because of difficulty getting parts, but wether that describes the whole picture or not I wouldn't want to say.

Performance wise, hard to say as I only know of one guy who has used the TC5, so purely for that reason I would go for the Serpent, I know it is capable at club level.

I think it's fair to say both of them probably have good and bad points as a whole though, I guess it's just my instinct that would tell me to go for the Serpent.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Coming from an S400 driver...

Go with whichever car is more supported locally. That means whichever car is driven more at the local track as well as what parts the LHS stocks. For me, the LHS stocked both TC5 and S400 parts, yet more local racers run the S400 = bigger knowledge base. I was also able to get a good deal on a used S400 from one of the aforementioned local racers who wanted to sell his second spare.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

This is a great post. I always wanted to know which car was better. I am a S400 racer but the TC5 has always been on my mind. I know it is cheaper. But reading these forums. I have always noticed allot of people selling their TC5 and the car is newer than an S400. Also the fitment of the S400 parts and assembly gets full points.