Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 04:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Oh and BTW I just checked the ROAR site and could not find who is on the electric onroad asphalt selection committee, where can I find out who is on it?
We currently do not have an Electric On-Road Chair. Tim has resigned and we are currently seeking a suitable replacment. I'd like to personaly thank Tim for his hard work and efforts over the last few years.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
No , but why don't they provide their own?? If you can get a cell signal, you can get the internet.
It's kinda hard to provide internet access from air-cards when the cards you use are providers not providing service in the area. We tried the Sprint and Verizon air cards we use as well as the tracks wi-fi access. I guess the next thing you'll expect is for us to put up our own satellite to satisfy you.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:11 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
You mean John Tag the master class? I thought Richie R. won the master class?
No I mean John Tag owner of Express Motorsports whos Team Driver Justin Lissard won stock touring and Team Driver RObbie Dodd TQ'ed and finished
2nd in stock touring. I think Express had four or 5 guys in the A.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I guess the next thing you'll expect is for us to put up our own satellite to satisfy you.[/QUOTE]

No, sorry to rub you wrong, was just suggesting a solution, didn't know if you had tried one. I don't know the area these cover ,but I use the airlink modems with signal boosters in digital jukboxs in areas with weak signals, but I don't know the situation in all other regions, I work in about a 250 mile radias in St. Louis. The satellite thing gives me a couple ideas on some remote areas that may now be getting digital boxes, thanks!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What about Lipo? Any A-mainers running w/ Lipo packs?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
We currently do not have an Electric On-Road Chair. Tim has resigned and we are currently seeking a suitable replacment. I'd like to personaly thank Tim for his hard work and efforts over the last few years.
Sounds like a job for Nova F1 Racer. Now is your chance to provide insight and help on how to improve the national events.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:26 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
What about Lipo? Any A-mainers running w/ Lipo packs?
I know Myself, and Mark Burt qualified for the A on SMC 5000 Lipos and Jason Ertracher ran Thunder power Lipos. Bob Stellflu may have been running a Reedy but I do not know for sure.

EA
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Just now reading this.. sorry if I'm a day or so late.

um, Rick.... now your the one thats out of line.....

Last years event: Drop it. Thats the track owners place to discuss what happened. His post is what he was comfortable with..... I will not support discussing a year later his personal business.

I called EVERY single entry for that event and let them know of the change...... I picked a place that was nearby so people wouldn't lose money on air travel and lodging.... I did that.

You want to bash me.. go for it...

Call me if you wish....... wish you had done that in the first place.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hard to find a phone once you drop it in all that sand
Old 06-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 88crewchief
I have tons of pictures of the weekends events including the drivers social on Friday night which included the introduction of the trophy girls. I also have lot's of video! After reading all the BS on this forum I am reluctant to post any of it. Would probably just give alot of people more to bitch about. Being new to RC Racing this is my first National to attend. I as well as many other locals have worked numerous hours helping Q make this a great race as well as alot of fun for all involved. The only two problems I am aware of is low attendance and a few bugs with the coverage on LiveRC. Low attendance can be blamed on alot of things but I would bet that the economy is the largest driving factor. As for the coverage problems on Live RC "Stuff Happens". Get over it. The ROAR guys did a great job and worked non-stop to make this event run as smooth as possible for those who ATTENDED. If those who chose to stay home or couldn't make it for other reasons want to see the great time we all had call Q at the store this week and order a dvd of the action including trophy girls as well as great racing. Regardless, why doesn't everyone just stop bitching. RC Racing is just like everything else in life. There is absolutely no way to please everyone. I am betting right now somewhere there is someone griping because the TG's were Brunette and not Blonde.

Thanks ROAR for your hard work. Thanks Q for putting on a great race. Thanks to those racers and team members who decided to attend and enjoy our local track and city as much as we do. Thanks to all the event sponsors both in the industry and local. And another thanks to Q for all he has done to promote this great HOBBY locally and providing us with a great place to hang out and HAVE FUN!

-me-
POST!! EM!!! I've managed to convince the wife to let me out of the basement for one major "travel" event in 2009, it's either the snowbirds or roar onroad. I'd like to see what it was like, i got a taste of a big event in cherry hill w/ the HPI event and i'm hooked .... bad!! Snowbirds may not be in the cards for me beause it's close to xmas , but ..... roar is in summer when the kids are out of school !!

PLEASE POST THE PIX!! (if you don't want to post here i have plenty of space on my photo site you can have at it!).

I'd be eternally in your debt!!

oh and don't forget the trophy girls ahhaha .

I've read through like 2 pages of posts and i can't even make out what people are complaining about (i did see the something about trophy girls that caught my eye tho!), i'd really like to find out a little more about the "race" or something related to the "race" you know .. kinda like the thread title says.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I just want to say thinks to,Q and his crew, all the ROAR officals, and everyone else who made this event possidle. This was a great event and I had a great time and learned alot.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:17 AM
TLRacing

Where did Baker and Dumas finish in TC Mod?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Baker Finished last!!!...Dumas wasnt there!

In 21 years of racing I have never had a weekend like this!

Congrats to all the winners....

Thanks to Q for the great facility...
Old 06-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
POST!! EM!!! I've managed to convince the wife to let me out of the basement for one major "travel" event in 2009, it's either the snowbirds or roar onroad. I'd like to see what it was like, i got a taste of a big event in cherry hill w/ the HPI event and i'm hooked .... bad!! Snowbirds may not be in the cards for me beause it's close to xmas , but ..... roar is in summer when the kids are out of school !!

PLEASE POST THE PIX!! (if you don't want to post here i have plenty of space on my photo site you can have at it!).

I'd be eternally in your debt!!

oh and don't forget the trophy girls ahhaha .

I've read through like 2 pages of posts and i can't even make out what people are complaining about (i did see the something about trophy girls that caught my eye tho!), i'd really like to find out a little more about the "race" or something related to the "race" you know .. kinda like the thread title says.

He will get them up real soon. We are all very tired after this past week. I know from Sunday to Sunday I work 119 hours!!!!!!!!!

The guy who does our event pics is the father of one of our local spec class racers. He just does this in his spare time, but I sure he will try to have something up real soon and it will be worth the wait. (especialy the TG's)

We will also be posting a link to a sample of the event DVD that we are selling.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Baker Finished last!!!...Dumas wasnt there!

In 21 years of racing I have never had a weekend like this!

Congrats to all the winners....

Thanks to Q for the great facility...
your still my Hero Barry....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.