Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

UMM... ok I just PM'ed you but basically, Who are you, and what was the email pertaining to, I do my best to return all my emails, even combative ones...

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
UM yea... right before the birds....

WYD, what and miss all this fun!!! My Mustang needs $60 to run a tank...
Old 06-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ya might want to go back and read......

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ht=ROAR&page=3

I quote"
I planned on closing Peel-It down at the end of July, the only reason I was keeping it open till then was to honor my comittment to running the event there. When I informed the owner that the track would be shutting down, he was a bit upset as he trying to sell the building, which is hard with a lease getting terminated. He asked me to vacate sooner than later so he could fill the spot ASAP....so, I could of tried to move it to a parking lot, but we still have a massive problem with hotels......they are simply sold out entirely in the two towns (arlington and marysville) because of the Arlington Fly-In, which is the 3rd largest fly in in the nation."

well yes that is what eddieo submitted for public viewing. read it again slowly he was not force to close down, he was asked, and maybe all 3 hotels in arlington were booked but everett and lynnwood are 15 - 30 minutes south

I'm not gonna get into his personal business, but it was referred to in a previous post, and that had a lot to do with the closing

and i'm done on the subject, go to race and have fun, or sit home and bitch, it up to you Rick, do what you think is right
Old 06-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Congrats to my daddy......Paul Lemieux for his second roar national title of the year!!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Way to go Paulie!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
UMM... ok I just PM'ed you but basically, Who are you, and what was the email pertaining to, I do my best to return all my emails, even combative ones...
And replied...
Old 06-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skypilot
well yes that is what eddieo submitted for public viewing. read it again slowly he was not force to close down, he was asked, and maybe all 3 hotels in arlington were booked but everett and lynnwood are 15 - 30 minutes south

I'm not gonna get into his personal business, but it was referred to in a previous post, and that had a lot to do with the closing

and i'm done on the subject, go to race and have fun, or sit home and bitch, it up to you Rick, do what you think is right
You asked and I responed.. Bitching, I don't think so Tex...
Old 06-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

And replied...
Go get em Richard!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Go get em Richard!
HAHAHA Karl stay away from this one...
Old 06-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Go get em Richard!
Darn it Karl, u always have to out do me!!! but like he said," Go get em Richard"
Old 06-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default BS

Originally Posted by JayBee
Can we get back to the TROPHY GIRLS PLEASE?!
I have tons of pictures of the weekends events including the drivers social on Friday night which included the introduction of the trophy girls. I also have lot's of video! After reading all the BS on this forum I am reluctant to post any of it. Would probably just give alot of people more to bitch about. Being new to RC Racing this is my first National to attend. I as well as many other locals have worked numerous hours helping Q make this a great race as well as alot of fun for all involved. The only two problems I am aware of is low attendance and a few bugs with the coverage on LiveRC. Low attendance can be blamed on alot of things but I would bet that the economy is the largest driving factor. As for the coverage problems on Live RC "Stuff Happens". Get over it. The ROAR guys did a great job and worked non-stop to make this event run as smooth as possible for those who ATTENDED. If those who chose to stay home or couldn't make it for other reasons want to see the great time we all had call Q at the store this week and order a dvd of the action including trophy girls as well as great racing. Regardless, why doesn't everyone just stop bitching. RC Racing is just like everything else in life. There is absolutely no way to please everyone. I am betting right now somewhere there is someone griping because the TG's were Brunette and not Blonde.

Thanks ROAR for your hard work. Thanks Q for putting on a great race. Thanks to those racers and team members who decided to attend and enjoy our local track and city as much as we do. Thanks to all the event sponsors both in the industry and local. And another thanks to Q for all he has done to promote this great HOBBY locally and providing us with a great place to hang out and HAVE FUN!

-me-
Old 06-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey "skypilot"
Congrats on winning the Masters Class!
Old 06-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You asked and I responed.. Bitching, I don't think so Tex...

Tex, i like it. sent you a pm as to not muck up this thread anymore.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Rick I would help you out but I'm out of this one. I will say after reading a post from a big name racer who is well respected in another thread and knowing the post was false I would never spend money on any affiliation that he has anything to do with.

Economy has something to with the attendance but not sure what others feel but if I was planning on a race I would want to go to places like Vegas or something of that caliber.................being that all money spent is equal. Not saying anything bad about the venue this year as it looked nice but for my hard earned money I want to get the most bang for my money and Vegas and Orlando can do that for me.

Funny thing is the trend of getting better attendance because of location is very real. I know in the job I have whenever the conventions are in Vegas, Orlando, LA etc the attendance triples. When in New Orleans (before the storm destroyed it) and San Antonio attendance sucks. It may be bad or not but if you are about getting attendance location is going to be huge.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:18 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Tag great job as Express Motorsports wins another major title.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK OK OK Who wants to be bitch slap first the cry babies or the A$$ holes . I am a 2nd year drive and everyone wants to blame the track ,roar and where it is for people not showing up . WHATEVER ! the thing that is killing RC racing is people them self . people see all the a$$ hole and cary babies and think man I don't want to be in that because of all that crap . so for you people who are the cry babies and a$$ holes why don't you get off your tale end and do something about it instead of killing this sport we like and love

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.