Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD) >

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

2008 R.O.A.R. ASPHALT NATIONALS (UPDATED INFO THREAD)

Old 06-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm honored you think I'm elite. Thank you sir
Old 06-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
I would just like to say that i was bashing no one sorry if you guys think that but it was not bashing...I just had a ? and that was it ..Why is it when someone ask something there bashing or take it as a personly attack....I just wanted to no if Dawn was coming...As for Bevis I will try to be on the board matter of fact I talked with Ruben at the carpet nats....As for Q i don't know what to say to you other then i have been bending backwards to help you i would like to think that i had something todo with this race your having right now by talking to some board members and telling them what a nice place you have and for the xray challenge that is your job to post and hype the race not mine that is why you get the money not me.......I am sorry if i offended anyone it was not bashing I have nothing bad to say about Roar I think all the poeple envoled are doing a great job and i thank them for there time........Thanks Drew

It's really sad when you have to post an explaination to explain yourself because someone took a question and turned it into what this thread has become. Maybe that's what's wrong with racing in general....not just Roar. People preach personal beliefs and it's supposed to be fact...people ask a question but because it goes against the popular belief they are bashed....I could go on and on but where would that get us????NO WHERE!!! It's easy to point fingers and tell Drew to do something about it or shut up but hey.......the world is screwed up right now so which one of you ya hoo's are gonna step up and run for President????? Didn't think so!!!!!

Dawn is doing an awesome job but the question is....what are we as racers looking for her to do? We have regional directors for the different regions....what are they doing to ease her load? Are we asking them to step up the way racer's are asking her to? Do some of you even know who your regional director is? I pay $30 for the year and I attend one or two big events the rest of the time I club race, follow some rules that change every now and then and that's it. I'm not factory nor do I care to be. This is probably the same routine most of you follow. This is what we do for fun after we are done being Daddy, Mommy, or whatever you are and after 40 hours of work. The lucky one's are fortunate enough to make a career out of racing but that's sort of like being the next Michael Jordan and once they reach the top they have to try and stay there so all their time is spent practicing. I use to think the expensive kits coming out every 5-6 months was the problem with on road....but after a couple these threads I see it's racer's attitudes and lack of organization that's killing us. Good thing off road is picking up again or else the hobby would really be in trouble.

So with us being creature's of habbit I await the bashing and PM's after the chest beaters read this and don't agree with something I said.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
So with us being creature's of habbit I await the bashing and PM's after the chest beaters read this and don't agree with something I said.
You have a PM
Old 06-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
You have a PM
+1, that stlnlst guy sure is a jerk
Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Any word from the track? How's grip, who is fast, how is the layout, what is the spec tire like?

Live RC is not currently up and I do not see any racer posts after sifting.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Talked to EA last night and he said the track was cool and fun to drive the grip was good he said that he was the fastest in stock and that robbie dodge was looking good two he also said Ralph was looking pretty fast in mod......
Old 06-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ammdrew
Any word from the track? How's grip, who is fast, how is the layout, what is the spec tire like?

Live RC is not currently up and I do not see any racer posts after sifting.
I talked to Tag and Justin Lessard on AIM this morning. In stock TC... EA had turned quickest lap followed by Justin and Robbie Dodge. Alan Hewitt was close too. I didn't hear anything else regarding other classes or drivers.

As far as the track, Justin said it's not the greatest traction. It's medium at best so far.

That's all I have and that was as of 9:00am EST. Things could have changed by now.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Big boys with little toys. Thats all it is. Out of all the racers that could race you have maybe 100 show up for a National. Its just a hobby. How many are actually getting paid to make this race? If your gonna blame someone blame baby Bush! He got us in this mess.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

thanks... and I think your in first!

LiveRC - ok, the truth here.... half of the equipment arrived yesterday and the other half this morning. The usual operator of LiveRC is NOT in attendance and ROAR's Scorekeeper is setting it up... I had hoped and said yesterday it would be going this morning and I was being rather optimistic....

then, my dedication was called into question on this thread and I didn't report anymore out of fear the negative talk would distract from the event.....

So, LiveRC - we are working on it..... it will be up..... just don't know when... very sorry.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Anyone know what the parking situation is like at the track? I'm taking my son up there Sunday to watch the mains.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

The parking is good Q has a lot of room......and no one has ? your dedication Dawn like i said i think your doing a great job with what you have...Thanks Dawn
Old 06-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.rc50.com is heading out the door to jonesboro.... just hope memphis traffic isn't bad
Old 06-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

so... LiveRC and the Paved Nats.. everything is ready to go but the program is having an issue uploading to the computer system on site. Our Scorekeeper is right now waiting for Brandon to give him a call back... and we are good to go
Old 06-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey all: Regarding my last post i'm not bashing roar in the least it just seems to me that the big non roar on road races seem to get more atention than roar on road races do these days such as iic snowbirds and reedy race. Hope this clears it up
Old 06-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all: Regarding my last post i'm not bashing roar in the least it just seems to me that the big non roar on road races seem to get more atention than roar on road races do these days such as iic snowbirds and reedy race. Hope this clears it up

I think we are clear...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.