Best motor lathe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

www.balakracing.com has a good "How to" on cutting comms
Old 07-24-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Before you buy anything check out Big Jim's forum at http://www.rccars.com/forums/ he makes IMO the best motors out there and he swears by the Integy lathe. It's also a great deal.
Lots of good info in there about diamond vs carbide and other topics on motor rebuilding.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

I've been using trinity's tru-lathe3 with no problems. You get the options of both v-blocks or ball bearings. You also get a carbide bit with spare armature and motor tubes all in a handy foam padded carring case. I also want to note the package comes with excellent instructions on shimming with various sizes of shims.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

i have the elite brand lathe and have had no problem with it, it has the v guides and just do like radman said and put a drop of oil down and youl be good to go.

my friend had that auto hudy and we actualy used it once each and never realy took it to the track because it was sooo big and my elite one was as big as my novak mill pro charger so it fit in my bag so well.