Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What Will a Factory Electric 1/8th Look Like? >

What Will a Factory Electric 1/8th Look Like?

What Will a Factory Electric 1/8th Look Like?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kvrc
to get a track ready, body, batteries and all 1/8 to 7 lbs even would be very difficult and it would not be what everyone calls 1/8 tough.
i keep hearing storys about guys having cars that are close to 7 lbs but i dont believe it.
i have weighed a few losi 8 cars that are no frills, nue mamba powered with the popular 5000 4s packs and they all were between 8.05 and 8.15 lbs track ready. the cars also had light micro pin type tires since the track we were at needed them.
they dont need to be that light, in fact i would love to see a min weight in the 7.5+ range so the manufacturers dont feel the need to go down the carbon chassis ect. road. the only thing that will happen if it goes that way is the cars will get more expensive and be more fragile. why ruin a good thing, if your car dosent handle well at about 8lbs then it may need to be better balanced or you just need to work on your driving skills.
My 8ight is 7.3lbs track ready with a 5000mah maxamps pack.
(virtually identical to a nitro 8ight I weighed with no fuel)