Wiki Posts
Search

why buy an off-road car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_x8
my truck always gets dirty, and every time i take it out, whether it be for 5 mins or 2 hrs, i strip it down to the bare chassis, and clean it thouroughly, i've only just found out that if i spray the plastic parts with CRC, they come up like brand new, and seriously they do!, i was surprised
If you have it, WD 40 works great too.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by salteen
I hail from the States of United where the dollar's not worth a dollar but a gallon of fuel is worth 3!

Man, i come from the UK but spend time in the states. I filled my girlfriends car up for the trip for California to Arizona for the Nitro challenge and it cost $34. I did the math(s) and it work out about 17-18 GBP (Great British Pounds).

The same car in the UK would cost around 42 GBP to fill up. That's about $80.

In March in the UK we hit 5 GBP a Gallon. That's $9.86 using todays rate. For a gallon of fuel.

Total cost to make a trip for a tank of fuel there and a tank of fuel back in the U.S - $68. Total cost in the UK for the same journey - $165.

Conclusion: The dollar is worth shit and we are truly getting nailed over the price of fuel in Europe.

So... get this. A gallon of 30% Byron Gen2 today in the UK costs $47.34.

SoooOOOOoooOOoooooooo....

Just to wheel this post round and back on topic, let me tell you about the weather in the UK right now. Last week all racing in the country was snowed off. The week before it was rained off. This week we had to break for 1 hour while it rained before the finals, then clear the track.

Add together the cost of racing and the weather in the UK you have a valid reason for indoor racing, the Micro Electric off road looks to be doing well here. It has jumps, doesn't have to run on carpet it can run on wood floors, it's cheap racing, it can be done in a school hall and it's warm and dry.

Personally, i think batteries are for flashlights and transmitters but i am tempted if i spend another piece of winter here.