Wiki Posts
Search

Southern Indoor Championship

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackBart
+1 Total agree! If you have a deal with anyone u should not be allowed to run in sportsman! look at the rules at alot of the major races they say if you have or ever had anytype of sponsor u will not run sportsman u have to run PRO!
but i think if you read my post you will see ...its more of a chassis sponsership that bumps you out of sportsman .....the chassis being the car itself .....i dont think other small sponserships here and there should really bump you into pro .....like i said my sponserships are 1/18th scale mini off road stuff ....int he mini races we have run and will run i would always run in pro ...but in this case ...where i am using none of there products and its 8th scale i feel no need to run pro because im not a pro level 8th scale driver .......
Old 10-13-2008, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

there was a X2 running
as far as i know i ran an x1 ...jeff and mikie martin ran x2's jeff in sportsman and mikie in pro
Old 10-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zixxer
but i think if you read my post you will see ...its more of a chassis sponsership that bumps you out of sportsman .....the chassis being the car itself .....i dont think other small sponserships here and there should really bump you into pro .....like i said my sponserships are 1/18th scale mini off road stuff ....int he mini races we have run and will run i would always run in pro ...but in this case ...where i am using none of there products and its 8th scale i feel no need to run pro because im not a pro level 8th scale driver .......
If u read the rules u posted, i do believe it said in the middle of the season u pick up a chassis sponsor u will auto be bumped to pro and have point deducion, i think and i could be wrong but it also said and % sponsor that u run pro! it also states if u are getting a spomsor then wait tell the end of the series to be picked up! If the find out u are a team driver u are automatically moved to PRO and points deduced
Old 10-13-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Intermediate Class Rules

You cannot run in Intermediate if any of the following applies.

#1. You have a chassis sponsorship from a manufacturer or distributor. It does not matter what percentage the sponsorship is.
#2. If you race in expert in one class you must race in expert in all classes. Example - you cannot race in expert buggy and intermediate arena truck. If you feel your good enough to run in expert buggy then you will have to run in expert arena truck or if you feel you are good enough for expert arena truck then you must run in expert buggy.

#3. Some racers have picked up sponsors part way through a year because of their performance during the year. As much as we enjoy seeing these people get recognized the Intermediate (sportsman) class is designed for new racers and racers who just want to go have fun. We don’t like to bump a racer to expert part way through the year especially in a points series, however if you pickup a chassis sponsor or we find you listed as a team driver on a chassis manufacturers website you WILL be bumped to the next level immediately. This will result in a loss of points from the intermediate class. If you are talented enough to get a sponsor deal from a car manufacturer you need to be in expert. We strongly suggest to the manufacturers that they wait until the season is over to sign these racers.

Here it is and stats in rule 1 any percentage!!! manufacture or distibuter
Old 10-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

hakmazter, Can you send me your contact info.? I have some great promotional oppertunities for your product.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Andy Ousley
Old 10-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

If u read the rules u posted, i do believe it said in the middle of the season u pick up a chassis sponsor u will auto be bumped to pro and have point deducion, i think and i could be wrong but it also said and % sponsor that u run pro! it also states if u are getting a spomsor then wait tell the end of the series to be picked up! If the find out u are a team driver u are automatically moved to PRO and points deduced
i didnt post any rules you were thinking of some one else ...i stated what i thought the rules in much larger events were ....either way i had a great time and will be back again for many years to come....
Old 10-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

I bet next year will be bigger and better. Any time a race changes management there will be teething pains. While I did not get to attend this years event even tho I had planned on it, I am already looking forward to next year.

I have one suggestion for race programs trying to get large prizes, like car kits, out to specific classes of racers. Don't make it for the top driver. At the Bass Pro Big Chill race it is done with a twist. After the number of entries is figured out I have had the honor each year of selecting a finishing number and a main (A-B-C, etc). This is written down and sealed in an envelope. At the start of the mains this envelope is taped to the drivers stand. At the end of the mains it is opened and the winning position is announced. Just something to think about.

Ed M.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

I just got off the phone with Shane Keller and he is a class act. We discussed everything that went on at the race and we discussed how it was supposed to be, what happened, and where they will go next year.

So, that being said, Caster Racing will be the first to publicly announce that they are a sponsor of the 2009 S.I.C.

Everyone makes mistakes, it is how they learn from them that matters. I learned from my mistake of prize choice as I thought it was going to be done differently. My hope was that there would be a spectator prize and the Caster RTR would be it, but it would have been too much for them to pull off and I understand it. My hopes were that a kid there watching the race for fun would go home and have a new car to drive for free from us, but it obviously didn't turn out that way.

So that being said, our prizes next year will be more appropriate to be given out to sportsman drivers.

I also want to make a public apology to Kyosho as apparently the facts I was given were incorrect. Apparently the unnamed sponsored driver that blatantly violated the rules and won our Caster car is not sponsored by Kyosho and I am sorry for not double checking my facts. I stand corrected and retract my comment. However, apparently he is sponsored and he violated the rules. Personally, I would have forfeited the prizes to the next non-team drivers, but I wasn't there and it wasn't my race.

I also want to say, please support ALL tracks local and otherwise...Just remember, if there are no tracks, there is no racing...

Mike Mazza
Caster Racing USA
Old 10-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

puddin tell the whole story, the only reason you finished
6th was while you were leading you got upside down threw a tity fit and blew the foam out of the right front tire. i was clocking you and tony and kawri brown. you and tony had no business in sportsman. in kawri's defense while he has the abiltiy to turn 38's 39's he has a consistency issue as most of TRUE sportsman do. kawri pays his own way with absolutely no sponsorship help except visa and mastercard not to metion he's a hell of a nice guy.

my opinion doesn't matter to anybody but me, so for what its worth. if you have ANY type of sponsorship; chassis, engine, engine mod (which includes discounted engine price) fuel, bearings and or anything related to rc racing in general you should be in pro. last year i would have argued this point with myself but now being sponsored myself i see the importance of not running true sportsman out of the sport. TRUE sportsman see our sport as a hobby not as an obsession or a job. they have other things in life besides little toy cars so with out those people to help promote our sport there would be no sport at all. these guys are friends of mine and i busted tony's balls all weekend BUT in his lame ass defense he did ask the RD and the RD allowed it. so next time there will be more definitive explanations on what will be allowed and what will not.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yikes, I was not expecting to see all this when I logged on. It was an awsome event and the best track I have ever raced on. I got 3rd in the Sportsman A Buggy. I too was a little shocked when I heard the sponsors being read off before our main. I have no sponsors and thought to myself that there must be some benefit to getting their sponsors name out.

Either way, I loved the race, am very excited about the 3rd place finish, and want to thank Pro Twister Mods for the great motor!!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

I thought the Track was Awesome & the event as a whole was outstanding! I will do my best to be back next year!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

As a true sportsman, I paid to get down to the event (flying in from DC), had car issues all weekend, drove like crap, didn't even get to start the Sportsman Truggy c-main, and still had a great time and will definitely be back next year

As for the sponsorship issues, I thought it was kinda crappy that the sponsored drivers were trying to sandbag the event, but ultimately it was on their head. In my mind, you can't really hang your head up high as a sponsored driver winning a sportsman class, but if that's what they wanted to do more power to them.

The one thing I will say though, is that I personally met many of the sponsored guys being mentioned and, while I may not agree with their choice of class, I will say they were all really solid dudes who did their respective sponsors proud by dropping everything to help out true sportsmen like myself at every opportunity. Each of the drivers that I met that have been mentioned helped me out numerous times and offered advice and assistance throughout the event making that much more enjoyable for newbies like myself. In that respect, I think they each easily made up for any negative effects of running in the wrong class.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tmperformance1
6th was while you were leading you got upside down threw a tity fit and blew the foam out of the right front tire. i was clocking you and tony and kawri brown. you and tony had no business in sportsman. in kawri's defense while he has the abiltiy to turn 38's 39's he has a consistency issue as most of TRUE sportsman do. kawri pays his own way with absolutely no sponsorship help except visa and mastercard not to metion he's a hell of a nice guy.

my opinion doesn't matter to anybody but me, so for what its worth. if you have ANY type of sponsorship; chassis, engine, engine mod (which includes discounted engine price) fuel, bearings and or anything related to rc racing in general you should be in pro. last year i would have argued this point with myself but now being sponsored myself i see the importance of not running true sportsman out of the sport. TRUE sportsman see our sport as a hobby not as an obsession or a job. they have other things in life besides little toy cars so with out those people to help promote our sport there would be no sport at all. these guys are friends of mine and i busted tony's balls all weekend BUT in his lame ass defense he did ask the RD and the RD allowed it. so next time there will be more definitive explanations on what will be allowed and what will not.

Ok well lets tell the whole story I never ran that fast of a lap look at the times
your stop watch is wrong i turned two 40 second laps the whole race and averaged 41,s and 42's before the tire blew up and also.so dont know where you got your times at but the sheets dont lie. I race once a month if that and if I knew that I was going to do that well I would have ran pro but anybody that knows me knows that I have NEVER NEVER RAN THAT GOOD and it was the best weekend I have ever had. Had fun and I am over it.

Last edited by PUDDIN; 10-13-2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: thanks soccerlaw and thanks for letting me balance my tires on your table :)
Old 10-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tmperformance1

Ok well lets tell the whole story I never ran that fast of a lap look at the times
your stop watch is wrong i turned two 40 second laps the whole race and averaged 41,s and 42's before the tire blew up and also.so dont know where you got your times at but the sheets dont lie. I race once a month if that and if I knew that I was going to do that well I would have ran pro but anybody that knows me knows that I have NEVER NEVER RAN THAT GOOD and it was the best weekend I have ever had. Had fun and I am over it.

thanks soccerlaw for letting me use your table to balance tires nice meeting you glad you made it home safe.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PUDDIN
Man, I wish I could have ran your laptimes with the blown tire. You were still passing people with yellow foam flying everywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.