Wiki Posts
Search

MAXAMPS LIPO PACKS

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Thumbs up MAXAMPS LIPO PACKS

I have 2 maxamp 4000 lipos and one 6000 that i have ran for the last 6 mounths and i have to say these packs are the best bang for the buck. They perform 2 day like they did when i bought them ... So i highley recomend them !
Old 04-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Does this mean maxamps still ask customers to spam message boards on their behalf?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

yup, they just sent out emails on friday. If you post a review and send them the link I think you get a free shirt or something. Kinda sad if you ask me.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

The very reason I will never consider buying from Maxamps.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So you won't buy from a company because they use word of mouth advertising. Ooo-kay!
Old 04-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

This is spam.

No way in hell this could be termed a word of mouth recommendation.

And no, I don't support spammers, No matter how they try and muddy the waters.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have many maxamps batteries, but I am not going to advertise for free for them. I received the email that begged us (their paying customers) to post on any message board for a free t-shirt. I am a paying customer, but I will never advertise for them unless they help me out. A free t-shirt would make a great tire cleaner!
Old 04-06-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Champion

Interesting, I first I thought you guys were kidding or something. So not only is this review spam, if I were to buy one of their packs I would get spammed by them? Another reason to support my LHS.

Thanks for the info, now I know to avoid them. Was thinking about one of their chargers, decision now made much easier.

+1 for backfire. Guess I have to use my own T shirt thou!
Old 04-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have never bought one of their packs off their site but I do have one. I got a buddy to buy it for me. I don't receive the emails and I won't get the shirt.

Regardless of your thoughts on their advertising practices, they do make a good product. They tried to do something that there was a hole in the market for in one specific area with the B44. Then they worked with ROAR to get them approved. I don't know if that's happened yet or not, but they were working hard to try and get the customer what was going to be needed.

I only have the one pack from them but I am very happy with it.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

roar is hard case only , i dont think max amps stick on covers passed , ray
Old 04-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

TrakPower has a true hard case saddle pack setup.

Doesn't show up on ROARs' approval list yet. But their regular 4900 pack, and the 5400 pack they make for CheckPoint does, should just be a matter of time for ROAR to process the 4800 saddle testing, same construction it appears.

There are no Maxamps on the approved list, at least not yet.

http://www.roarracing.org/approvals/lipobattery.php
Old 04-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have bought three packs from them with in the past 6 months. 2 stick pack's and 1 saddle pack. They have never spammed me, or asked me to post on any board for them.

Like Scott mentioned they filled a void in a market with the lipo saddle for the B44. They are not that big of a company, compaired to what is out there and word of mouth is the best advertising.

I own a small business and personally I would take any form or free advertising that I can get. Becides who dosnt like free T-shirts, they are my favorite kind to wear around the house or at the track when you dont want the clay to ruin the ones that you paid for.

I get nothing for posting this, but there customer service is great, they call you back when you leave messages, they stand behind there procucts, they have great batteries, and regardless of the application, they will custom build you what ever type of battery that you ask for. - That speaks for itself.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile

I have a 2S and 3S pack from Maxamps. I did get the T-shirt email and I'm more than happy to advertise for Maxamps. They have a great product that is reliable and nothing but good for the RC hobby. I would encourage all to try out their batteries. You'll be very happy. I've been racing RC cars since 1989 and Lipo is pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to this hobby. It's about time we have long lasting, high voltage, high capacity batteries and great companies like Maxamps keeping us racing.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richard.bratton
I have a 2S and 3S pack from Maxamps. I did get the T-shirt email and I'm more than happy to advertise for Maxamps. They have a great product that is reliable and nothing but good for the RC hobby. I would encourage all to try out their batteries. You'll be very happy. I've been racing RC cars since 1989 and Lipo is pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to this hobby. It's about time we have long lasting, high voltage, high capacity batteries and great companies like Maxamps keeping us racing.

Your shirt is on its way.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Decide for yourselfs...the e-mail they sent me and its been like 3 plus years since I've done business with them...

Free Decals and Free T-Shirts for all MaxAmps Fans
Here’s how it works

For free Decals:

Go to your favorite product on the website. Click on “details”, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “write review”. Drop an email to [email protected] with your full name and address along with what item you reviewed and we will send you out some free decals.

For a free T-Shirt:
Go to your favorite online forum. Some examples are rc-monster.com, rcuniverse.com, traxxas.com, radiocontrolzone.com, rcgroups.com, and rctech.com. Go to the electric or battery section and write a little review about your MaxAmps pack and how much you like it. Then drop an email to [email protected] with what the pack was, where you posted the review, your t-shirt size, and your full name and address. We will send you out a T-Shirt free of charge just for spreading the word about our products.

This is our way of saying “Thank you” for being a loyal MaxAmps fan!

By the way... Here is a chance to pick up some huge cells for that big project. This price is literally over half off the retail price for these cells. It works out to $ .0035 per mah!

Maybe a large scale project or a EV or electric go cart? If you can fit these cells in your project, you will not find a better price per mah anywhere.

Loose cells are on sale right now for $35 each on the site at

www.MaxAmps.com

If you are looking for a pack, call us at 888-654-4450 and we can give you a special pack price.

Best Regards,

The MaxAmps Team

www.MaxAmps.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.